Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Hot cues cause delay on Denon 3900's

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello all, I've had this issue for a while and still can't figure out the root issue.

Setup: (2) denon 3900's, (1) denon x1600 mixer, dominator gt70 computer.

Issue: When I press any hot cue, there is delay in having the song start at whatever hot cue I pressed. If I press a hot cue while the song is playing, or while the 'vinyl' function is turned off, the hot cues respond instantly. Any advice? Thanks.

Mensajes Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 2:16 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
motorWheelInstantPlay set to yes ?

Mensajes Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 4:40 am
Yeah I got your message and that’s what I have mine set at.

It should fix your problem....

Mensajes Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 2:55 pm
I got a message too, I'd have given a solution quicker if he'd sent settings.xml to me :)

Mensajes Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 3:20 pm
Motorwheel instant play has always been active. I have also adjusted the motor wheel smooth percent and motor wheel lock time to every possible combination you can think of.

I also noticed that setting deck 1 cue 1 (or any cue) as my cue settings still causes delay. The fact that the cues respond instantly when the 'vinyl' function is off must indicate something...

I'm also still a bit confused as to how I broadcast my xml settings. Thanks!

Mensajes Fri 19 Jul 19 @ 8:27 pm
locodog wrote :
Just upload to dropbox, onedrive etc and share a link via pm, if you can't get that to work pm me your email and we'll do it that way.

Updating this- I sent over the settings file over last week, please let me know what you come up with.

In addition to the cue delays I sometimes get skipping when pressing play/pause. Another time at a recent gig one of my decks starting spiraling out of control when I played a song. I’ve never seen a song spiral out of control like that, when I hit play the song started playing in reverse super quick. It eventually stopped happening after I refreshed the song about 5 times.

I may end up having to change setups entirely because it’s been years of me trying to get customer support for some of these issues. Vdj Tech support says it’s a Denon issue and Denon tech support says it’s a vdj program issue, so I’m not getting help on either end.

Mensajes Mon 05 Aug 19 @ 2:31 pm
looked over your settings there's nothing at fault there,

Mensajes Mon 05 Aug 19 @ 8:29 pm
locodog wrote :
looked over your settings there's nothing at fault there,

Thank you- now I hope someone related to the technical support team can chime in. I’m at a loss here because I’ve also adjusted all settings on my 3900’s to various settings and nothing alters the outcome of these delay issues.

Mensajes Tue 06 Aug 19 @ 3:11 pm
One thing to bear in mind is that the connection between the decks and the computer is serial - a single lane highway, so probably when the platter is starting up, a lot of data is being sent, which clogs up the single lane and delays the 'traffic' from the cue press. Motor off, no data from the platter, instant response from the cues.

Probably when the motor is running steady, there's less data being sent too, as it's probably sending changes rather than a constant stream.

If you were to waggle the pitch fader madly then press a cue, you would probably get a delay too.

IMO VirtualDJ has never been great with motorized platters. My old Denon HS5500's only worked well with certain VDJ versions.

Mensajes Tue 06 Aug 19 @ 5:43 pm
My 3700’s have been running strong for awhile now. No delays with the cue points.

What soundcard are you using again??

Mensajes Tue 06 Aug 19 @ 5:54 pm
^ thank you for the responses.

I am using the built in Denon x1600 sound card. The thing is I have another friend using 3900’s and an x1600 mixer and he does not have delay with the cues, it’s instant just like you’re saying.

Mensajes Tue 06 Aug 19 @ 8:17 pm
Bertie, if you can, try doing the same thing with some other software... If the same thing happens or does not happen, then you have narrowed the problem down a great deal. That or some variation of it is a good thing to do for many problems.

Another good rule of thumb is don't take anything you read in these threads as fact.

Mensajes Wed 07 Aug 19 @ 11:54 am
Another issue is that if my songs are not playing and I move my platters, the song will not move. No matter what. Does this issue help with figuring out my overall platter/delay issues?

Mensajes Tue 13 Aug 19 @ 2:48 pm
Looked over your settings again, any reason you're using the 96kHz sample rate, not saying it's related but you'd get better sound with 44.1 from music or 48 if you use video mostly.
At this point I'd try renaming your settings.xml to try with fresh settings.

Mensajes Tue 13 Aug 19 @ 3:26 pm
locodog wrote :
Looked over your settings again, any reason you're using the 96kHz sample rate, not saying it's related but you'd get better sound with 44.1 from music or 48 if you use video mostly.
At this point I'd try renaming your settings.xml to try with fresh settings.

I don't recall changing the sample rate. I know my sound card is at 44.1, so I will go ahead and change this. What should I rename my settings.xml file to?

Thanks for the reply.

Mensajes Tue 13 Aug 19 @ 4:31 pm
Name doesn't matter, anything will do it.

Mensajes Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 1:28 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)