Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Roland dj707m aux ins not working properly. - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

demperPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Whenever I launch virtual dj, the sound from the front aux in stops. Is there a way to make the aux ins (both front and back line ins) Work independently of vdj because the sound cuts for some seconds when virtual dj opens/closes/crashes. That defeats the purpose of having aux ins if the vdj can interrupt the sounds.

I don't have this problem with Serato. The front aux in (and the back line ins) continue to play when I launch or close serrato.

Mensajes Fri 11 Oct 19 @ 2:35 am
glenskiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello

I am having the same issues with VDJ...

I have tried a few things as well as setting Exclusive Audio to On and Off for VDJ, but the problem is still there...

I am yet to fire up Serato DJ Pro and try it with that.

I have also fed this problem back to Roland support direct.

Maybe it is just a VDJ problem over the audio settings / inputs?

Mensajes Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 12:39 am
demperPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Greetings,
It's definitely a vdj problem. It somehow 'hijacks' that channel and shuts it off. I had no issues playing through the aux in with other programs (FL studio and serato). The only way to play from the aux in is to set it in microphone mode, which gives bad sound!
I really like this controller. I hope a fix comes soon!

Mensajes Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 5:18 pm
Do you have the aux enabled in the VDJ audio config?

Looking at the setup guide, it doesn't seem to be a part of the default audio setup, but you should be able to add it. It seems from the 707m manual that aux is connected to the audio interface, so my guess is that because it's not enabled in VDJ, of course VDJ "shuts it off".

Mensajes Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 5:35 pm
groovindj wrote :
Do you have the aux enabled in the VDJ audio config?

Looking at the setup guide, it doesn't seem to be a part of the default audio setup, but you should be able to add it. It seems from the 707m manual that aux is connected to the audio interface, so my guess is that because it's not enabled in VDJ, of course VDJ "shuts it off".

I have looked at all the Advanced Audio settings within VDJ 2020 and on the Roland DJ-707M, but VDJ still knocks out the AUX Input Audio when running :(

It must be something to do with VDJ 2020 as Serato DJ does not do this ?

Mensajes Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 6:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sorry for the late reply.
Are you sure you have the Audio setup as per the manual http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/roland/dj707m/setup.html ?

The front AUX Input doesnt appear to be part of the USB Audio interface (despite the Channels naming), so it should be directly routed to the Output by the hardware.
And this is how it works on both my Mac and Windows systems.

As for the other Inputs (LINE/PHONO at the rear panel), yes, there is currently a small sound break when VDJ starts up and a much bigger one when VDJ closes.
This is because the firmware is designed to route these inputs through the USB Audio interface, so VDJ needs some time to enable the Line Ins to the decks. This delay is something that we will try to improve in the future.
If for some reason your inputs cut off completely when VDJ starts and come back only when VDJ closes, you can try the following..
- Make sure you have the default Audio setup as per the manual.
- Make sure you have the factory default mapping selected.
- The Mixer Channel you wish to pass through is set to either PHONO or LINE.
- Are the respective VDJ Decks say "Line in X" at the Deck info area ? If not, you will need to enable the line ins from the skin.

Mensajes Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 12:17 pm
djdad wrote :
Sorry for the late reply.
Are you sure you have the Audio setup as per the manual http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/roland/dj707m/setup.html ?

The front AUX Input doesnt appear to be part of the USB Audio interface (despite the Channels naming), so it should be directly routed to the Output by the hardware.
And this is how it works on both my Mac and Windows systems.

As for the other Inputs (LINE/PHONO at the rear panel), yes, there is currently a small sound break when VDJ starts up and a much bigger one when VDJ closes.
This is because the firmware is designed to route these inputs through the USB Audio interface, so VDJ needs some time to enable the Line Ins to the decks. This delay is something that we will try to improve in the future.
If for some reason your inputs cut off completely when VDJ starts and come back only when VDJ closes, you can try the following..
- Make sure you have the default Audio setup as per the manual.
- Make sure you have the factory default mapping selected.
- The Mixer Channel you wish to pass through is set to either PHONO or LINE.
- Are the respective VDJ Decks say "Line in X" at the Deck info area ? If not, you will need to enable the line ins from the skin.

I have checked all the settings on both the VDJ pages and from the Roland DJ-707M manual...

Here is a short video of my problem >> https://youtu.be/OALWI_sEQZM

Here is a screenshot of my DJ-707M Audio settings within VDJ 2020 >> https://www.facebook.com/geniediscs/photos/a.2776116082432060/2776116455765356/?type=3&theater

Baffles me...

Mensajes Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 8:02 pm
Das Handbuch ist echt gut, aber kann man das irgendwie herunterladen?

Mensajes Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 10:29 pm
Still cant reproduce. Weird. Firmware version 1.02 ?
The only case i can think of is if the Roland has some kind of a setting to swap Input channels, so instead of going straight through the Outputs , to be included in USB mix.
Can you try a few things.... ?

Test 1.
Starting with the default Audio setup of VirtualDJ, change the "record" line from using RECORD Channels , to use the AUX-IN & (R)
Then without having any deck loaded, try to record (from the MASTER panel). Does your recorded file has the AUx Input ??

Test 2.
Use a 4 Decks skin, Map a keyboard/custom button as ... deck all linein
Without having any deck loaded, press this button. So you get any sound from any Mixer Channel ?

Test 3.
Remove the Sampler output line from the Audio Setup and see if the AUX goes to Output now.

and last but not least, try to reset your 707M to factory settings and see if anything is changed.

Mensajes Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 12:27 pm
djdad wrote :
Still cant reproduce. Weird. Firmware version 1.02 ?
The only case i can think of is if the Roland has some kind of a setting to swap Input channels, so instead of going straight through the Outputs , to be included in USB mix.
Can you try a few things.... ?

Test 1.
Starting with the default Audio setup of VirtualDJ, change the "record" line from using RECORD Channels , to use the AUX-IN & (R)
Then without having any deck loaded, try to record (from the MASTER panel). Does your recorded file has the AUx Input ??

Test 2.
Use a 4 Decks skin, Map a keyboard/custom button as ... deck all linein
Without having any deck loaded, press this button. So you get any sound from any Mixer Channel ?

Test 3.
Remove the Sampler output line from the Audio Setup and see if the AUX goes to Output now.

and last but not least, try to reset your 707M to factory settings and see if anything is changed.

I am running the latest firmware 1.02

I have also tried all what you have said and more, but to no avail... I feel it is a VDJ 2020 routing / audio problem as Serato DJ Pro works perfectly fine without cutting out the front AUX Input audio.

I have tried on two separate DJ laptops.

Mensajes Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 11:29 pm
To add, this is under a Windows 10 Pro laptop...

Apparently it works fine with a Macbook?

So something Windows 10 and VDJ related?

Mensajes Thu 17 Oct 19 @ 3:17 am
Can anyone else reproduce the issue ?

Mensajes Thu 17 Oct 19 @ 6:06 am
djdad wrote :
Can anyone else reproduce the issue ?

I had the opportunity to visit a friend today who also has a DJ-707M and a Windows 10 laptop and the same problem persists...

Now I believe there to be a problem with the ASIO drivers and Windows 10 / VDJ

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 12:06 am
I think i found something..
You are using the front "Stereo" 1/8" mini jack ? If so, you should get audio in Speakers with VDJ opened, if you set the AUX switcher to MIC position, correct ?
As far as i can see here, the sound mutes if the AUX switcher is set to MONO or STEREO. Can you confirm ?

Further on this.. when the AUX switcher is on MONO or STEREO and open Serato while music plays on my device, i get a music pause for about a second so not much seamless as you said

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 9:22 am
glenski wrote :

It didn't on the 707m and Macbook Pro that I had.
I wanted to use the front mini stereo jack for a backup iPad or iPod input.
If I switched to Mic input, sound was there, but, highly distorted as expected.

Glad I got rid, too much hassle.

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 10:09 am
djdad wrote :
I think i found something..
You are using the front "Stereo" 1/8" mini jack ? If so, you should get audio in Speakers with VDJ opened, if you set the AUX switcher to MIC position, correct ?
As far as i can see here, the sound mutes if the AUX switcher is set to MONO or STEREO. Can you confirm ?

Further on this.. when the AUX switcher is on MONO or STEREO and open Serato while music plays on my device, i get a music pause for about a second so not much seamless as you said

I have used the 1/8 mini jack and both 1/4 TRS jacks in both Mono and Stereo mode and the sound is muted when VDJ 2020 runs / opens...

When the switcher is set to Mic you get sound when VDJ 2020 is running, however this is not the way it should be as you'd be using the mic pre amp for a line source which will distort / damage the sound / unit.

When using Serato I never really noticed any pause, the music still plays when the software is running...

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 1:17 pm
djles.co.uk wrote :
glenski wrote :

It didn't on the 707m and Macbook Pro that I had.
I wanted to use the front mini stereo jack for a backup iPad or iPod input.
If I switched to Mic input, sound was there, but, highly distorted as expected.

Glad I got rid, too much hassle.

The guy from Roland sent me a video with the DJ-707M working fine with a Macbook Pro and VDJ 2020 running and the sound was running fine through the front AUX input - it is just Windows 10 that has a problem.

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 1:18 pm
Definitely didn't work on mine, I spent some time on it trying to get it to work.

System Specs;
MacBook Pro 15” 2017, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Memory, Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 n1536 MB, macOS Mojave 10.14.6, 500gb SSD, external WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD containing Music, Video & Karaoke databases and is formatted NTFS, I use the Paragon plugin with NTFS for Mac.
VirtualDJ 2020 b5350 and Controllers - Denon MC6000 MkII, Denon MC7000.

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 4:29 pm
Very bizarre indeed...

Not to worry, had it confirmed today that VDJ are working on a fix as it is software based - to do with the routing.

So not the DJ-707M...

Just have to await the fix now, so not the end of the world.

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 6:48 pm
We will add dedicated Aux Input/Output for Audio Setup in a future VDJ update, but in the meantime, you can do the following..

1. Add a "deck 5" in Outputs and route to AUX Out (same as the sampler). If you are not using a 6 Decks skin, uou wont have the "deck 5" option in the drop-down list, so just add any kind of output line from the menu and then manually type deck 5.
2. Add a "line in 5" in Inputs routed to AUX IN.
So your Audio setup will look like..

3. Goto Controllers, tab, select the DJ-707 and then change the ONINIT key from
fake_master on & fake_filter on & fake_hp on & deck all pad_page 'hotcues'

to...
fake_master on & fake_filter on & fake_hp on & deck 5 linein on & deck all pad_page 'hotcues'

4. Assign the AUX_VOLUME knob as ..
deck 5 volume

Mensajes Fri 08 Nov 19 @ 8:45 am
61%