Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VDJ 2020, Mac Os Catalina and Imusic playlists - tracks order

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hi,

Using VDJ 2020 with Mac Os Catalina and the Imusic playlists don't seem to be loading in the correct order and there doesn't seem to be a 'reset sort order' in the drop down menu.....

Is this a known problem and is there a way of getting the Imusic playlists in the correct track order?

Cheers

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 10:11 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
Right-Click the Title / Artist Section and it's the first option to select from the dropdown menu. You'll need to load the Playlist into your SideList, AutoMix, or Custom List in order to see the Reset sort order option.

Mensajes Sat 19 Oct 19 @ 8:23 am
Sorry for the delay in responding and thanks for the suggestion.

I've just got back on the decks to have a really good explore with the latest update (BUILD 5352) and while the temporary freezing problem with Catalina has been fixed (Thanks Atomix!) the IMusic playlist order still seems to be an issue.

The 'Reset Sort Order' doesn't appear on the browser window nor the Automix window with the list as originally loaded from IMusic, nor even if you re-ordered the list (though simply clicking on button on the left of the heading row seems to have the same effect - i.e returns to sorted in the incorrect order loaded...... But there doesn't seem to be any way of loading IMusic playlists in the order in which they are found in IMusic..... not sure what order they are being loaded in though!

Is this a bug, is there a way round it.... or is IMusic just not usable in this way any longer?

Mensajes Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 2:00 pm
What's IMusic? According to Google there are several things calling themselves by that name.

Mensajes Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 4:29 pm
Hi Groovindj,

As I understand it in the new Mac Os, Catalina, Itunes has been retired and replaced on the music management side completely with 'Imusic'. Now apparently 'Imusic' has a completely different way of managing the music compared to Itunes (no more .xml or something) which is one of the reasons that most DJ software were warning not to upgrade to Catalina yet (because, unlike the fab Atomix.... they had not prepared :-) )

However as I said I am finding that Imusic playlists (including ones imported over from the old 'Itunes' don't seem to be loading in the correct order and am wondering whether it is something I am doing wrong/have failed to do or whether this is a known bug that others are encountering.....

Mensajes Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 10:37 pm
To clarify one thing:
On Mac Os Catalina/Music you are able to export the Music-db as XML, but you got to do this manual:

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 19 @ 6:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For VirtualDJ that doesn't really matter, since the xml is not used anyway on catalina.

Anyway, I was checking in the music app, and it looks like playlists can't be rearranged, so I suppose you just want alphabetical order then?

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 19 @ 6:41 am
I've been doing a bit of digging and experimenting.....

1) The Playlists in the Music app can be rearranged
2) Rearranging them doesn't seem to make much difference to the order the tracks appear on VDJ....
3) Though having said that when I experimented with making the Music App playlist in exactly the same order as it was appearing in VDJ...... a couple of the songs in VDJ changed places meaning that it was once again not in the right Order...
4) I have been trying to work out what tag/label/column VDJ may be basing the order on Title/Album/Artist/Composer/ Track No/File Name/File Location/ Purchase Date..... etc etc and I cannot see a pattern anywhere!

So I am still none the wiser! Any Ideas? :-)

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 19 @ 9:14 am
I think I misunderstood then. I thought you were talking about the order of the different playlists, not the order of the tracks within the playlist.

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 19 @ 9:27 am
Yes Adion, it's the order of the tracks in the playlist that seems to be coming out in VDJ in some strange order. Is this a known problem? Cheers

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 19 @ 10:54 am
Confirmed, will be fixed in next update

Mensajes Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 7:49 am
Brilliant - thanks Adion! How cool is Atomix :-)

Mensajes Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 9:41 am
I'm frustrated by the same problem. Psyched to hear it will be addressed in the next update.

Mensajes Tue 05 Nov 19 @ 10:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Tue 05 Nov 19 @ 10:49 pm
Brilliant! - Thanks...

Mensajes Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 11:50 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)