Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Release date column with sorting by year

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I mix on VirtualDJ Radio and some stations require that songs be fairly new so I would like the ability to also sort by release date. Thanks.

Mensajes Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 11:58 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If you have the release date fire it in to field1, in the YYYY/MM/DD format.
Currently the info can't be looked up automagically as discogs only keeps note of release year.

Mensajes Mon 13 Jan 20 @ 12:11 am
year is displayed in VDJ and you can sort by it shouldn't that be good enough? or they want last 6 months?

Mensajes Mon 13 Jan 20 @ 12:24 am
I couldn't agree more on this topic! I've sorted my files by release date for years now and have been using the comment column, because that field can be copied to from the release date field in any standard tag editor. I use mp3tag. I believe it would be a key advantage to VDJ users around the world because the ability to sort by release date keeps all the newest files on top. It would also allow for the ability to create filter folders and not have to come up with cleaver work arounds to get only the most current compatible tracks. This is very important because these days there are tons of edited and mixes of old songs that can easily show up as a new track.
Long story short (er) , Please make this a feature. You can even put it where you currently have field 1. :-)

Regards,

Bill Berdeaux

Mensajes Fri 17 Jan 20 @ 12:43 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)