Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: dont laugh. but a bathroom break question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
ok, so im lets say im recording a long mix. and i umm need to poo. is there a way to pause the recording, so it doesnt break the file up into 2? meaning i can pause. then continue from where i left off. when umm done.

Mensajes Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 1:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could use the remote app on your phone to continue the mix :p

Mensajes Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 2:02 pm
i dotn have a personal phone atm. my iphone was hacked. grr getting one next week

Mensajes Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 2:08 pm
make 2 recordings and join them together in audacity

Mensajes Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 2:47 pm
So how long is this mix then? Can you not just start recording your mix after you've been? You know, plan ahead...

Mensajes Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 3:13 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
If you’re going to splice recordings in Audacity, I’d suggest recording in a lossless format so the audio editing doesn’t introduce generational loss in the recording quality.

Mensajes Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 5:21 pm
groovindj wrote :
So how long is this mix then? Can you not just start recording your mix after you've been? You know, plan ahead...

yea i do "plan head". but maybe its nerves. it hasnt happened much.

Mensajes Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 5:33 pm
[quote=PhilW]If you’re going to splice recordings in Audacity, I’d suggest recording in a lossless format so the audio editing doesn’t introduce generational loss in the recording quality.[/quote

i save to .wav

but i was using engine prime a bit (a p4) and it had a pause while recording. and i have stomach issues btw. only good thing about engine

Mensajes Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 5:35 pm
Maybe you could put the playing track into a loop, go and visit the toilet, then edit the recording (take out the loop) later.

Mensajes Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 6:18 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you are going to open the mix in an editor anyway, using pause on the playing deck will be way easier to spot the part to be removed compared to looping though.

Mensajes Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 6:26 pm
Adion wrote :
If you are going to open the mix in an editor anyway, using pause on the playing deck will be way easier to spot the part to be removed compared to looping though.

true........its not like this is a common occurance. but since im just doing podcasts. i have to make them in the morning. and some radio shows at a certain time. i use audacity for vinyl ripping and splitting files to 1 hour sometimes. never used the splice feature.

but maybe a feature request? lol dont know how complicated that would be to code. and i know a lot of you guys are event/wedding djs. so you have a lot of time and a proper umm facility. and can pop on a cd or something. but vdj is now gaining a following for house and techno djs. it works with a lot of controllers. sounds better now, and effects are fine. but most important. timecode is built in. and the stability. wont get into the other brands. but eek. vdj is def the most stable of them all. in 10 years maybe one crash, and that could have been a pc thing.

cheers

Mensajes Mon 27 Jan 20 @ 2:04 pm
groovindj wrote :

lol i wish i was like my spouse who is regular after the first cup of coffee. while im not in the depends diaper stage yet (thank god) i did have prostate issues last year and had to change my diet and lifestyle. i am ok. but was told to eat a lot more greens. and that has made things a bit more .....unpredictable. i think really its more of a nerve thing.

if i play at a party/gathering it never happens and i can have a friend take over if it did..lol

Mensajes Mon 27 Jan 20 @ 2:08 pm
hh73 wrote :
groovindj wrote :

yea i do "plan head". but maybe its nerves. it hasnt happened much.

btw it depends. but im doing now 6 hour mixes. straight on. and usually send parts to different web radio stations. then split it in 2-3 parts to upload online.

its also good practice. which i need. these people on mixcloud with their 43 min mixes. (facepalm) lol.

Mensajes Mon 27 Jan 20 @ 2:10 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)