Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: VDJ's key different than record pool's

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I hope everyone is doing well,
Question? When I import music from the record pools into VDJ ( I analyze them) the key in VDJ differs from the record pools key?
Which key is the correct one?

Mensajes Sat 23 May 20 @ 2:04 am
DJ Roe 02 wrote :
When I import music

Which music? Give examples (track, artist, key) so we can compare and contrast.

DJ Roe 02 wrote :
from the record pools

Which ones? Others who use those sources can then comment on key accuracy.

It's worth noting that a track can have more than one key. Some of the most famous songs on the planet have key changes.

Also, sometimes keys can be ambiguous. Detection becomes harder when there isn't enough note information to work with.

The detection in VDJ is pretty good now (used to be bad in VDJ 7) but for further accuracy, use a respected app like Mixed In Key (which also has a "piano" keyboard that can be played to check) or compare the tracks to "golden" test tracks (known to be in a given key).

Mensajes Sat 23 May 20 @ 7:02 am
Thanks for the response,
An example would be; Artist - Silkeepers Track - I Need. Artist - Ralvero Track - Rules In My House
Live Dj Service has the first track at key 2A, VDJ has the key at 5B.
Live Dj Service has the second track at key 8A, VDJ has the key at 12B.

Mensajes Sat 23 May 20 @ 5:55 pm
OK so I just did a quick test on the Silkeepers track, and MIK detects it as 5B too - playing the MIK piano chords with it though, it definitely suits 2A better.

It's major v minor, and it's probably because the track is fairly basic. Not enough note variety for the software to be sure.

Listening to the Ralvero track, I'd say the same is true of that one. In fact it's even more stripped back. Hard to detect a key when there's little or no music.

Mensajes Sat 23 May 20 @ 6:23 pm
groovindj wrote :
OK so I just did a quick test on the Silkeepers track, and MIK detects it as 5B too - playing the MIK piano chords with it though, it definitely suits 2A better.

It's major v minor, and it's probably because the track is fairly basic. Not enough note variety for the software to be sure.

Listening to the Ralvero track, I'd say the same is true of that one. In fact it's even more stripped back. Hard to detect a key when there's little or no music.

Thanks for the super quick response and for your time.
Stay safe.

Mensajes Sat 23 May 20 @ 6:33 pm
FYI there are two choices for key detection in VDJ - broad and electronic. If you're playing mainly music similar to those examples, it's probably best to set it to electronic, as I believe that favours minor keys.

Mensajes Sat 23 May 20 @ 6:39 pm
groovindj wrote :
FYI there are two choices for key detection in VDJ - broad and electronic. If you're playing mainly music similar to those examples, it's probably best to set it to electronic, as I believe that favours minor keys.

I'm usually open format, but I think what I'll do is the set the key to broad range when I'm not analyzing electronic music.

Mensajes Sat 23 May 20 @ 6:46 pm
DJ Roe 02 wrote :
[quote=groovindj]FYI there are two choices for key detection in VDJ - broad and electronic. If you're playing mainly music similar to those examples, it's probably best to set it to electronic, as I believe that favours minor keys.

The key detection is pretty spot on. Not sure what setting I have it on, but I'll try it on electronic as well to see if it makes a difference.

Mensajes Sat 30 May 20 @ 7:47 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The electronic option is there mainly to preserve the same detection as vdj 7, but unless most of your music is in minor key I would not recommend it.

Mensajes Sun 31 May 20 @ 8:47 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)