Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Virtual Dj not playing right can anyone help me

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
first, my mac is a 2012 MacBook pro running High Sierra, which mac tells me is no longer being updated and I can not install anything other, no other operating system.
it's worked fine until the last month. when playing a song on either side it will glitch, sounds like the sound was shut off for a second then it's back on, then a min or two later it starts to sound like just plain white noise on top of the song trying to play and then the song will start to stutter, and after that nothing plays or can be loading in the player. I have to shut down VDJ and restart it. but within minutes it happens again.

I was thinking maybe a clean vdj. can anyone please help me out.

Ralph

Mensajes Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 6:23 pm
So you're using the just the computer? No controller or external audio interface?

Mensajes Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 7:13 pm
Hi sorry I am using and ddj-sz and an sz2 and powered speakers, sorry. it happens on both controllers.

Mensajes Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 11:23 pm
How long after you start playing does this happen ? Do you have the math engine on ? I wonder if your laptop is overheating or using all of the CPU trying to load stems

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 4:40 am
How do I check that out? can you tell me what to look for .

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 6:50 pm
I haven't noticed a timing pattern, I'm going to bring my controller inside and try it out so I can tell you. but does not happen right away happens after it plays for a min or so.

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 6:54 pm
Good morning all,

Show after having no luck with all the advice everyone gave me and thank you to everyone I was left with no choice but to get a new Mac I bought the new 16 inch I9 Computer it has 16 gig of RAM a 1 TB internal SSD hard drive, and I’m sure some other things I’m not aware of yet so I’m pretty sure I messed with so many settings on my old Mac I really only want to take my playlist my history Another words everything except for my skins and anything that could possibly give me any issues so could anyone give me the best resolution should I just copy my playlist in history or are there other folders I need to copy over to this new Mac another words everything except for my skins and anything that could possibly give me any issues so could anyone give me the best resolution should I just copy my playlist in history or are there other folders I need to copy over to this new Mac

Thanks everyone,

Ralph

Mensajes Sat 17 Oct 20 @ 1:02 pm
Sorry also in the middle of all this I bought a new controller the pioneer Ddj SZ2. I know pioneer released a new firmware for the SZ to do I need to install that on my new Mac.

I’m sorry once again my new Mac is The brand new 2020 Mac In dark gray it has the 16 inch Screen and running Catalina it’s got a 16 inch screen 1 TB internal SSD drive 16 gig of RAM and 4 thunderbolt USB c connectors.

I’d appreciate anybody with experience giving me a heads up on what needs to be done to this Mac

Mensajes Sat 17 Oct 20 @ 1:09 pm
Hi,

Change in options inside VIRTUALDJ , battery power performanceGPU option for your MAC. (search wit performance key word on VDJ options)
It will change your life and will work much better. Because te option by default is not good for most of Mac.

Mensajes Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 1:27 pm
Might just have been you needed a little bigger audio buffer. Setting the latency to say for example 256.
If it was sound drop outs / glitches.

But since you got a new mac, I guess all is good now ;-)

Mensajes Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 2:00 pm
Hi,

They is on option only on Virtual DJ on MAC :
useLowPowerGPU : yes by default.

this option make VIRTUALDJ not work on my powerfull imac......

i've set to :

useLowPowerGPU : no

and it work like a charm.

Don't undestand why this option is on yes by default, can not work with STEMS :)

Regards,

O.

P.S :

optimization only for MAC if you have Strange Wave behaviour after loaded Stems :

Go to VIRTUALDJ options :
search "useLowPowerGPU" that is by default on "yes"
->set to no :
useLowPowerGPU : no
mathEngine : GPU
(Set CPU instead if you have problem)

Mensajes Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 2:09 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The reason why the default is on is that for just running VirtualDJ itself, and even basic Video playback, the integrated low-power GPU is powerful enough on most mac's.
This means the more powerful Radeon GPU can be used exclusively for calculating Stems.

If you turn off useLowPowerGPU, the Radeon GPU has to work on Stems, VirtualDJ Skin and Video together.
In this case you might need to enable mathEngineShareGPU as well to make sure the Stems processing doesn't slow down skin or video.

Mensajes Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 2:18 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)