Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Window Layout and Sort Options

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

124dsHome userMember since 2019
Hello
I got two proposals for enhancements
1. Save layout (position and size) of the bpm editor. Sometimes both settings are kept but most of the time settings are somehow reseted.
2. Support sort of two (or even more) columns in the browser would be a real benefit
Thank you, Regards

Mensajes Tue 12 Jan 21 @ 11:50 am
Hi,
I would also like to ask that some kind of save settings were implemented. For example, if browsing a virtual or filter folder and it is sorted say by BPM or Key VDJ would remember your choice next time you look in said folder.

Also multi column sort would be a nice feature. Sort by BPM, hold CTRL then sub sort via Key.

I think that Serato has these features and would be a great addition to VDJ. Hopefully not to hard to code either

Mensajes Mon 18 Jan 21 @ 12:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
To sort by 2 columns, click the second column you want to sort by, then click the first column to sort by.

Mensajes Mon 18 Jan 21 @ 1:03 pm
Thank you Adion.
Do one need a modifier by clicking? At least on mac it does switch the sort column when click on the second column to sort.

Anyhow, another feature that would ease working with vdj regarding sorting is the support of a sort order per folder (favorite, filter, folder) instead for a global sort order.
In a filter for e.g. bpm diff i might like to sort by genre - in the filter with a genre set that would be without any sense and it more likely to sort by e.g. Artist.
BTW. more options to request values from the current playing track (e.g. genre, artist, etc) would be very appreciated as well.
Regards

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 21 @ 3:45 pm
Adion wrote :
To sort by 2 columns, click the second column you want to sort by, then click the first column to sort by.

Does this work on osx as well? Do I need to press a function key when clicking in order to get a second sort column?

Mensajes Fri 19 Feb 21 @ 3:26 pm
Same on mac, just click once on each

Mensajes Fri 19 Feb 21 @ 4:16 pm
Adion wrote :

Always wanted to ask, and learn if there is a way to sort Alphabetically by Title among the First Seen.

I find Tracks with same (identical) Name and Same First Seen time, not next to each other.

I assume that the actual time used for sorting is not the truncated/rounded number that is displayed in the "first seen" column, causing same titled tracks to NOT be next to each other.

Also, sorting by the Left most "Musical Note" column does not seem to work either.

ie) Sorting first by Title then by "Note" column does not arrange recently added, identically Titled, tracks next to each other.

As a work around:
I now order tracks by First Seen, select them, put them all into a Virtual Folder, and then sort the new Virtual Folder by Title, which works.
(I do this till done updating tags)

And so to not hijack this thread.. if it is presently not possible, would love that feature/ability added. (but is way down in priority level)

Mensajes Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 4:00 pm
Dates such as first seen are indeed sorted accurate up to a second.

Mensajes Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 4:06 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)