Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Auto Delete Multiple Copies of Songs in Same Virtual Folders

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

its getting out of hand.. i have 1 folder 25 Copies of the same song name same location ..

i have more then 200 virtual folders and this tricks of making a new folder slide in there and erase old slide back .. or into automix then back.. is not easy to do.. also a toggle switch or something to say
do not keep adding duplicates.. i dont even know how it keeps getting this way.. some type of bug causing it i guess.
i folder says i have 2000 songs i really only have 100 songs in that folder... be nice if there was automation to delete this annoying problem.. and fix whatever is causing this as there is no setting it seems to stop it

Mensajes Wed 14 Apr 21 @ 3:11 am
Virtual Folders:
These shouldnt have duplicates, since it prevent adding duplicates in the first place.
Perhaps you have backups of the Virtual Folders (or VirtualDJ folders) or drives, that are connected or have somehow ended up with multiple versions of each virtual folder file (its an xml playlist file)

For regular playlists:
Assuming these are playlists you use in automix, as soon as you have loaded a playlist, click the radio dot upper right corner in automix view and choose "Remove duplicates".
Then save the playlist.. The playlist is then clear of duplicates for future use.
(you could also map a keyboard key or custom button with the action playlist_remove_duplicates and playlist_save for ease of use...)

Mensajes Wed 14 Apr 21 @ 11:21 am
ok so then this would be a future feature then

no i dont use playlists or automix.. these are just Red Virtual Folders on the left side column
and it be nice press 1 Button and vdj would scan my 200+ Red Virtual Folders and erase the dupes.. and this way people could just press the button once a week say to correct these anomalies

i know if i use same Hard drive on 2 different laptops the Drive letters sometimes change
i know i tried to process all the C:\music folders so there is no more folders in Documents\virtual dj\folders
and that was good for a while.. but the last few updates ago or so of VDJ has recreated Virtual Folders in my Documents\Virtual DJ\Folders directory and yet those files in those text files map to my External hard drive X: but are stuck in Documents .. so thats anoying so it wont show up in the virtual DJ folder on X:\Virtual DJ

also it be nice a button to fix broken virtual DJ folders
like in my Documents Folders\
C: is Documents folder
X: is my external drive

be nice hit a Button and then VDJ rechecks all the Virtual Folders and repairs any mistakes repairs damages and wrong locations..

and 3rd
be nice a better version of Scan for Missing Files
it be nice if it was automated instead of
highlighting all the Songs,, then hit enter
i had to use a Paper weight sit on the Enter Key so it go to the next file.. and then when it cant find a song then starts dinging and i cancel and re highlight songs and try again till it starts dinging

those are some features i wouldnt mind seeing i asked before but its adding on its own more and more duplicates
but mainly just like you have 1 Click Delete Missing Files in Database
there should be a
1 Click Delete Duplicated Files in Virtual Folders
1 Click Scan and Replace Missing Songs (Automatic)
1 Click Process Documents/VirtualDJ/Folders <since it points to my X: it should clean up this folder and put back on X:)

it just be nice to see option to repair these
as purging more then 200+ virtual folders sitting there doing it 1 at a time doing dups is pain staking.. but nice automated.. and people have had this problem for years i read.. it be nice automate it so it can correct the issue

so like if you use Same HD on 2 different DJ Computers and one says X: other says Y: that it cant create duplicates if your saying.. this way it could address this re accuring issue
as if i goto a 3rd computer install VDJ and it changes my X: to to Z: because that computer has a X: then it create a new duplicated..
this is reason i chose x: for my external as some of my DJ laptops had and didnt have D: drive
so sometimes i get a D: or E: for the extneral.. but it also didnt fix the duplication problem even when i went X:

but a 1 button click to repair be greate to see i been dealing with these dups for like 4 yrs or so now it used to never happen or i didnt notice it.. but thne just came up like there was no tommorow

1 day i had 100 files next day i had like 2000 in 1 Virtual Folder

and no playlists i dont use them Just Virtual Folders

Mensajes Wed 14 Apr 21 @ 12:23 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)