NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
6636 tested still working
6977 tested still working
6705 does not work anymore
tested many skins, with custom button mapped to shift and key mapped to shift

specially visible with pads having shift option not showing anymore

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 21 @ 8:16 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
reported it already in a raised topic in the early am.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 21 @ 9:00 pm
with 6705 I have been able to use shift as usual with all padpages on skin, and all mappings on controller.

ie wiith slicer, hotcue, keycue padpages etc shift is working

tell me how one can reproduce your "Shift not working" and I will test.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 21 @ 9:00 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
it's a visibility thing, not a functional issue.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 21 @ 9:05 pm
not with keyboard, it's both ^^
may be keyboard only ... not tested with other controller

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 21 @ 9:10 pm
Just an idea... but in fact that can become better like this :

In a way to restore old behaviour I currently added script
action="param_smaller get_build 6705 ? shift ? padshift [PADID] : pad [PADID] : pad [PADID]"
and equivalent for visibility in visuals using pad or shiftpad as source

As I said, does not shift pads automatically in some occasions (not only display, but odd pads too) and never shift back padshift. I added the script both in actions and display and restored old behavior

It can be fine to make automatic shift never apply to pad at all, having to manually test against shift status where needed.
Issues still exist with pad_pressure and colors - specially due to lake of padshift_color (script define but no access) and padshift_has_action and padshift_has_pressure padshift_has_script (scripts define and access but no detect)

Leaving skinner to handle whenever the pads switch display and action can still going implement old behavior if wanted
However this would make it possible to double the number of pads "manually" handled :
By adding a set of pads that can use shift and a set of padshift that can handle shift too giving access to pads pads+shift padshift and padshift+shift in skins (with pad_bank2 : up to 16 pad + 16 shifted + 16shiftpads +16 shiftpads shifted ==> controllers with 64 are handled easily)

Previously pad/padshift padshift only grand access to 16 buttons 8 unshifted + 8 shifted and 2 banks
currently .... only 8 unshifted are OK per bank, the shifted ones being broken with pressure and colors and script detection

The only issue ? all old skins need to update or won't display shifted pads anymore with shift
Most would go on working with rightclick though due to common implementation

Mensajes Wed 20 Oct 21 @ 9:00 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You simply need to assign SHIFT to shift

Mensajes Wed 20 Oct 21 @ 12:00 pm
Well this is the deal,
if some pad were not still reacting to shift, and shiftpad were having shiftpad_color and shiftpad_has_*

but previously pad with shift was giving shiftpad for everything actions and display OK
now only some pads (even ones apparently) still apply to shiftpad when using pad verb, display does
of course this may be side effect of the initial issue ^^

Mensajes Wed 20 Oct 21 @ 12:22 pm
Not sure if related but my left shift button on the MCX8000 has stopped working so I can't delete cues. Right button works OK.

B6713

Mensajes Sat 23 Oct 21 @ 8:37 pm
@kradcliffe

If you have not verified that the hardware is functioning, check w the VDJ mapping of MC8000, that when L shift is pressed you see SHIFT appear in the upper R window of the Mapping window. Both L and R shift should display SHIFT when depressed.

Mensajes Sat 23 Oct 21 @ 9:26 pm
Should have mentioned I checked that already, both buttons respond in the mapping window

Mensajes Sat 23 Oct 21 @ 9:43 pm
Any updates on this before I look in to things further myself?

Mensajes Sun 24 Oct 21 @ 6:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Will be fixed in next update

Mensajes Sun 24 Oct 21 @ 6:50 pm
Thank you!

Mensajes Sun 24 Oct 21 @ 6:54 pm