Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Ability to modify cue number/type via script
I've recently discovered how to trigger shader presets and video effects with scripts attached to POI's, but manually adding them all can be tedious. I managed to automate much of it by binding a keyboard shortcut:

set_cue "new" & cue_action "new" "[action script here]" & cue_color "new" "yellow" & cue_name "new" "[cue name here]"

This creates a cue named 'new', then sets it up as an action with whatever script I set to the template, then recolors and renames it. It accomplishes pretty much everything I want except changing it from a numbered cue to 'marker only', which I have found is pretty much required if I don't want the POI's that run scripts to be mixed up with my audio cues. I frequently use 'cue_stop' to get my audio into position before mixing in, but it gets congested when I add all the extra POI's. By setting the actions to 'marker only' it seems to exclude those cues from the cycle.

After awhile of looking, I haven't seen any features that allow me to automate this parameter. It would be great if we could get a script extension to set a cue type (numbered, invisible, or marker only). If the implentation of converting to a numbered cue is too complicated, even just the one way ability to make it marker only would be useful.

Mensajes Mon 18 Jul 22 @ 9:13 pm
DigitalShadow1 wrote :
It would be great if we could get a script extension to set a cue type (numbered, invisible, or marker only).

+1

Yes been wishing for invisible, and marker only, to be added, for sometime, to allow for the full compliment of tools to manipulate and set cues via script.

-------------------

You can, however, create numbered cues with higher values.. say 100, 101, 102 .... to set your POI actions, when creating them with scripts.

This way they will not use the lower 1-16 cues, that maybe are used by the padpages and audio cues.

Mensajes Mon 18 Jul 22 @ 9:29 pm
CueItUpPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Please add this feature. It would be great to be able to set my marker only cues as marker only type when adding them. I already have a script that adds the cue but then I need to go back in and edit the type for each one.

Mensajes Wed 31 Aug 22 @ 3:57 am
I hope to add CUE_TYPE action

Mensajes Sat 24 Sep 22 @ 3:41 pm
+1

'CUE_TYPE' would be fantastic.

Mensajes Thu 19 Jan 23 @ 9:59 pm
seanPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Ahhh, yes this just caught me out as well, would love to see this implemented.

Mensajes Mon 11 Mar 24 @ 1:36 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've a couple of window plugins that do this sort of thing
one called "marker",
you give it some text for the name, and some more text for the colour, press a button and it places a marker.
The other one called "anchor",
this one I use for tracks that depart from the 32 beat grid pattern to bring it back to 32s

Mensajes Mon 11 Mar 24 @ 2:17 pm
seanPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Wow, that anchor one is really interesting to me as I have a script that changes visuals in Resolume every 16 beats using get_beat_bar and I "think" that might solve my problem of it triggering off the phase on certain tracks. Wish I had some time to play around with it right now, but will certainly put it on the list of things to look at, thanks a heap.

Mensajes Mon 11 Mar 24 @ 5:29 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It uses programmed keypress to do the actual work so it's unsuitable to be a approved release. But I use it often with no problems.

PM me if you need it.

Mensajes Tue 12 Mar 24 @ 1:39 am