Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Multi Genre Tag support (read)
When tagging my music (outside of VDJ) I almost always use combinations of Genres for a better usage of smart playlists. These Genre Tags are simply divided by ";" as it is the standard for most players supporting Multi Genre Tags.

In 99.9% VDJ only implements the first Tag into its database. It would be great to have all of them. And also a quite simple thing to implement, I guess, right?! ;)

(Or am I missing some hidden checkmark? I'm quite new to VDJ)

Cheers

Mensajes Fri 19 Aug 22 @ 6:59 pm
Octobird wrote :
When tagging my music (outside of VDJ) I almost always use combinations of Genres for a better usage of smart playlists. These Genre Tags are simply divided by ";" as it is the standard for most players supporting Multi Genre Tags.

In 99.9% VDJ only implements the first Tag into its database. It would be great to have all of them. And also a quite simple thing to implement, I guess, right?! ;)

(Or am I missing some hidden checkmark? I'm quite new to VDJ)

Cheers

Doing anything outside of VDJ generally won't work. Anything you want to add, always do it in VDJ itself. A lot of my general songs have multiple genres, just add them yourself without the need for the ","

Mensajes Fri 19 Aug 22 @ 7:31 pm
Todas la modificaciónes que hagas a tus archivos las puedes hacer dentro del mismo Virtual DJ incluso si optienes un archivo y está mal nombrado al modificarllnen virtual DJ puedes guardar esos cambios en la carpeta donde está alojado el archivo sea MP3 o MP4 en editor de tag etiquetas, color, renombrado etc, etc.

Mensajes Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 3:02 pm

Mensajes Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 4:25 pm
djles.co.uk wrote :
You really need to read the software manual, found on the website under Support.

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/index.html

You can already use multiple genres by separating them with ; or / or -

Oh...I'm all in with this manual reading thing...even though it's totally 90's ;)

But it's good to know that VDJ works with Multi-Genres....but it seems it doesn't import them correctly.
I'm doing my whole Music Library Management with Musicbee which much more in depth than anything VDJ can do. So there is no way ditching that. And it also seperates Multi Genres with [ ; ]. But VDJ most often only reads the first Genre on Track import. So if anyone knows the trick for a propper import, I would be very thankful.

Mensajes Fri 16 Sep 22 @ 2:57 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could change splitGenreCharacter to match your current system

Mensajes Fri 16 Sep 22 @ 3:02 pm
Adion wrote :
You could change splitGenreCharacter to match your current system

Awesome ! !

Is splitGenreCharacter a future build, settings option ?

Or where/how can this be set ?

------
currently using build 7131

Mensajes Fri 16 Sep 22 @ 5:52 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Sorry, didn't remember correctly, it's limited to the option filterFolderSplitGenreBySlash
So it's only choosing between '/' and ';' (default)

I don't think '-' would be a very good idea though, since it might be present in the name of some genres already.

Mensajes Fri 16 Sep 22 @ 7:49 pm
Okay, I did some test tagging and found the issue. It actually seems to be possible to give every multi-value-tag it's own entry per value. This means that a multi-entry like Hip-Hop & Rock isn't just on string like [Hip-Hop; Rock] but gets two seperate entrys in the Genre category. I guess it's like a spreadsheet where you can decide if you squish both entrys into one field or if you give them seperate fields in the same category. My Media-Library software of choice: "Musicbee" , does the latter.

Anyway....VDJ clearly only reads the first one of these entrys. Which is actually quite uncommon as most applications are easily able to import the whole batch.

My solution for now is to replace the ; with / in Musicbees Genre Category which puts them back into one field and luckily can be automated in one batch.

But still...it would be great if VDJ could be updated to read the whole Genre content. Especially since all the other tag reading & updating functionallity works quite snappy and fast. (like I wrote before VDJ is the first DJ software that imports flac ratings correctly).

Mensajes Sun 25 Sep 22 @ 3:04 am