Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: [PAID] Looking for a developer to create a basic plugin
Hello,

I'm looking for a developer to create a basic plugin that reads the list of karaoke singers every few minutes and sends them to a REST API.

I can see in the Karaoke OST extension that it uses the following VDJScript calls
- "has_karaoke_next (number)"
- "get_next_karaoke_song 'singer' (number)"
- "get_next_karaoke_song 'artist' (number)"
- "get_next_karaoke_song 'title' (number)"
where (number) is omitted for the first singer and then starts at 1 for the 2nd singer, 2 for the third and so on. I found these here: https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/appendix/vdjscriptverbs.html

If anyone could create this that would be greatly appreciated. I'll pay at least $40.

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 22 @ 7:36 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've made things that PUT POST GET vdj stuff via local host but never run into rest API, what are you making? what are you talking to?

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 22 @ 8:08 am
@Locodog I’m creating an app for the nightclub i work at and id like to add the ability to see things like karaoke history, singer list and more.

Karaoke OST only shows 4 upcoming singers on the screen, but id like to show them all in the app as well as give the user a notification when they're almost up.

To make this work, i need to send information via REST from a VDJ plugin and then retrieve that from the app. Problem is, I haven't touched C++ in years and i'd rather pay someone with more experience to complete this for me.

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 22 @ 6:41 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 22 @ 12:46 am
@DJCEL That's not exactly what i'm looking for as the app will still work when not on the same network. I figure I can just create a program to query VDJ locally and then post it to my API, but for what I'm doing that will be a lot of requests as just to query the information for a single song that will be 3 requests (singer, artist and song name).

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 22 @ 8:57 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Windows or mac?

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 22 @ 9:01 am
@LOCODOG Mac M1 chip. I have actually been experimenting with the plugin linked above but `param_add` only accepts two parameters and I can't figure out a way to concatenate three parameters with a spacer like a colon.

I currently have the following but i also need the karaoke artist and to split them by ":"
param_add `get_next_karaoke_song 'singer' 1` `get_next_karaoke_song 'title' 1`

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 22 @ 11:06 am