Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: How do i get a csv listing of my karaoke for askthedj
jamesv1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have multiple nested folders containing a combination of zipped cdg/mp3 files and mp4 files all of which are karaoke tracks.

I need to get a list of this to into askthedj for a big corporate event, can anyone advise on how to do this?

I already do weekly updates of all my audio files and know the process but this seems to be different.

Currently all mp3 into winamp and use Visitrax to get the csv file. When I try this with the karaoke files, winamp doesn't list them all. Something like 1200 files compared to the actual list being about 18000.

Any ideas or suggestions are very welcomed.

Mensajes Wed 23 Nov 22 @ 5:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
show only karaoke tracks [from folder options, bottom left]
type into search
that will give you everything to create a .csv

Mensajes Wed 23 Nov 22 @ 5:16 pm
Thanks for the reply Loco.

One additional thing I had to do, for the benefit of anyone reading this later, was to go to my drive, in VDJ, then select the karaoke folder and recurse to get a complete list.

Mensajes Wed 23 Nov 22 @ 5:28 pm
OK, done all this and have uploaded my csv file to AskTheDJ

The csv file has 2 columns i.e. artist then title. It seems that ATDJ is only reading the title column B. I tried reversing them and it read the artist column B. I then added a blank column A and it read only the title column B again.

Am I missing something here. I have used this for audio for years but I can't figure oure what is happening with the karaoke list

Mensajes Wed 23 Nov 22 @ 5:49 pm
Sorted, it was being saved as the wrong type of csv, needs to be csv delimited

Mensajes Wed 23 Nov 22 @ 6:17 pm