Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: VDJ 2023 b7403 -> Any known problems with STEM noise with INTEL Arc A770 16GB?
asHome userMember since 2022
Hey Virtual DJers i guess i need some help with this:

I upgraded my audio workstation from an old AMD B450 Ryzen 7 5700G to new Intel 13th gen i9-13900.

Looks like nearly everything works flawless instead one "little thing"...

I bought an INTEl ARC A770 16GB because i wanted to have a 100% Intel System and the pricing for a 16GB card is reasonable.

When a do acappella isolation with the STEM2 engine its working great.
But every instruemnt isolation brings me a permanent sample rate like noise.

Any hints?
Or do i have to wait for a new beta?

Mensajes Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 5:05 pm
Hey Folks, no additional support needed for this topic...

My testing results of the Intel ARC A770 LE led to the decision to return it.

I had massive stability issues with my system:

On my MSI Z790 Carbon WIfi even the BIOS Display responded noticeably slower!
Scanning my 600GB somg colelction crashed sometimes.
My Babyface Pro had more audio glitches.
CPUz Multi Score went down 2%.
AIDA64 Memory Read 90GB/s instead of 94GB/s

All this went away after putting the old GPU in.

I didn´t put to much time in the research. But using my machine as an audio workstation i can not risk generating PCIe timing and stability problems.

My estimation: RESIZE BAR and/or INTELs DEEP LINK between CPU Graphics and PCEe Graphics may be the cause.

Mensajes Sat 04 Feb 23 @ 10:41 am
Not seen anything on here about the ARC cards. I can only assume they are not a good choice for DJ machines.

Mensajes Sat 04 Feb 23 @ 10:44 am
In between i bought a RTX 4070 TI.
Works like a charm.
(Stems 2.0 in 55x Realtime!)
Hopefully INTELs stability will increase in rhe next generation.
The RTX has triple the price of the ARC and i can imagine that the a working ARC would not only be 1/3 of the speed... so stable it would possibly be a bargain.

Mensajes Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 4:26 pm
I do a YouTube channel where I test a lot of PC hardware. Ran a series of tests on the Arc A770, and my conclusion is that it's a great first attempt for Intel at a discrete GPU, but really the only people who should consider Arc are those on a serious budget, and even then the A750 is a better choice, and even then the AMD RX6600 is a better choice than that.

The only time Arc makes sense over the 6600 is if you need hardware AV1 encoding, or hardware decoding of 10-bit 4:2:2 H.265 (and you've already got the latter in your Intel iGPU). Both incredibly niche use cases.

I certainly wouldn't trust Arc for something where you need rock-solid reliability like DJing. Maybe the next generation will be better. But for now stick with Nvidia.

Mensajes Thu 02 Mar 23 @ 8:05 am