Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: problems with new 5.2 professional trial version

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

finga73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi

I'm using the trial software of the new version released about a week ago with my Denon DN-HS5500 in native midi mode.

Every time I have the platter active, when I hit start it wobbles the audio before settling into a normal rhythm with a periodic wobble happening twice during each rotation of the platter, its not an even wobble, but happens twice in succession during a rotation, sort of at 11 o'clock and 2 o'clock if you get my meaning.

Sometimes if i press the platter source button to change to pitch bend mode then back again it stops, but mostly it doesnt, as you can imagine this is next to useless for mixing, infact I would call it totally useless, Im using default settings and I have tried playing with the latency setting in the asio driver panel but it makes no difference at all.

What is causing this, it doesnt happen at all when I'm using an external drive in normal USB mode on my player so I know its not my hardware, I'm using the latest July firmware also.

I was really looking forward to you guys getting VDJ working natively with this player and held off buying alternative software as VDJ is what I'm using the most and am more acustomed to, please can you help me out with this, its a major let down for me.

I have an audio clip I can upload so you can hear the problem yourselves if need be, please get back to me.

Thanks

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 12:26 pm
In config> performance, set the performance slider all the way to the left, uncheck safe mode and overclock, and set latency to auto.

Mensajes Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 7:19 pm
thanks for your reply, I have just tried those settings and unfortunately it hasnt made any difference at all.

those settings seem to correspond to the soundcard side and I think the problem lies within the midi mapping of the platter, I have no problem at all when I change the platter from scratch mode to pitch bend mode and it stays static, but I didnt buy my unit to use it like this

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 5:01 am
Okay, I think I know what you're saying now. You're talking about the jog wheel on the MK2, right? Have you gone to the Hercules website and downloaded the latest drivers for your DJ Console yet?

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 4:19 pm
jog wheel? no mate, I stated in the OP that I'm running a denon DN-HS5500, it has the worlds first spinning MIDI platter, Ive tested it with the PCDJ Reflex trial and it works great, I guess I will be waiting for another update from VDJ before its going to work natively

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 4:58 pm
Ooooops!! I saw your MK2 icon and went all silly on you. Okay, I'm an idiot; sorry about that, mate :Z

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 5:19 pm
no worries, i appreciate the fact you replied, nobody else has

my mk2 has been gathering dust for months now, it was buying the console that led me to spending huge amounts on the setup i have now, I just need this little niggle ironing out to have it exactly as I want it

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 8:17 pm
Hopefully, someone with the Denon setup will chime in...Be patient, mate ;)

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 4:27 pm
NomanHome userMember since 2004
I tried the trial in Januari with my HS5500 that I baught just recently. Now when there is a berfect hardware to match VDJ it doesn't work. (I played with a Hercules console 5 years ago and became very found of VDJ.) I have the same observation as the guy starting this thread more than 6 months ago. I will not buy a new license until Im certain it works with my hardware. Anyone using this HW with VDJ??

Mensajes Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 7:31 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)