Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Souncloud fail to log in
For the last week or so, I frequently get logged out of Soundcloud and I have to manually log back in. It's easy to log back in but it happens so frequently it messes with my flow during my sets. Any suggestions? I don't remember it ever happening this often, been a user for many years

Mensajes Sun 18 Feb 24 @ 1:50 pm
Hello Synonemusic,

May be worth checking if this disconnection occurs as frequently whether you stream when your computer is connected to the internet streaming via an ethernet cable or via Wifi, to think whether the issue may be on your computer setting or on the internet side or on Sound Cloud side.

The availability of streaming services depends on their traffic load.
If you connect while the Soundcloud server is saturated, it may disconnect more often than if you connect at a moment the traffic on SoundCloud server is reasonable.

Mensajes Tue 20 Feb 24 @ 3:52 pm
I've been having the same issue. Soundcloud fails to login every time I open the software, and multiple playlists are left empty despite having several songs in them. I don't think it would be an internet connection issue or a soundcloud issue as I login instantly every time I open the software

Mensajes Wed 28 Feb 24 @ 11:44 pm
I am also having the issue since the latest VirtualDJ update. Some playlists showing empty and getting logged out at irregular intervals . Once i log back in most times , the playlists populate again but sometime it takes shutting down and reinitializing VDJ to get the playlists back.

Mensajes Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 7:13 am
kroundyControlleristMember since 2022
Same here. Having the same issues after the last update...

Mensajes Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 5:07 pm
Made In Breizh wrote :
Hello Synonemusic,

May be worth checking if this disconnection occurs as frequently whether you stream when your computer is connected to the internet streaming via an ethernet cable or via Wifi, to think whether the issue may be on your computer setting or on the internet side or on Sound Cloud side.

The availability of streaming services depends on their traffic load.
If you connect while the Soundcloud server is saturated, it may disconnect more often than if you connect at a moment the traffic on SoundCloud server is reasonable.

Whats the chance of it happening to several people at once after the last update?

Mensajes Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 6:03 pm
tonz76PRO SubscriberMember since 2021
I've been having the same issue too. Soundcloud fails to login every time I open the software and I am getting logged out at irregular intervals. I can log back in and the playlists populate again but very annoying while I am in the middle of a set. This issue has only started happening since the latest update.

I contacted VDJ support and they said there were no mass complaints from other users or on their test machines. So I sent the link to this post but there was no acknowledgement, instead their response to me was focused around

1.How many devices are connecting to your sound cloud account?

2. Is this happening while you are at gigs but is stable when you test at home?

if you are trying to access on a public hotspot (like at a gig / venue) then your connection might be filtered and is blocking many popular streaming sites to maintain bandwidth for all users.

I stream from my home and this can happen whether the controller is connected or not. Nothing has changed, no more devices have been added or connected to soundcloud and my wifi connection is perfect.

Mensajes Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 10:58 pm
If you guys believe it was caused by the last update, reinstall the previous version and see if it helps.

Mensajes Sat 02 Mar 24 @ 8:46 am
groovindj wrote :
If you guys believe it was caused by the last update, reinstall the previous version and see if it helps.

I rolled back to the old version 7831 and absolutely no issues with playing a gig or at home like I did with 7921 . Now I'm just dealing with the fact it keeps asking me to update to that one I just clicked no so I have no idea what they changed in that version but 7831 works perfectly fine no re logging in trouble loading from SoundCloud at all

Mensajes Mon 04 Mar 24 @ 3:21 pm
Thanks to everyone who has offered comments and solutions.

I tried to removing my account access on all my devices except for the computer I use for my live broadcasts, and still I was getting kicked out.

What I finally did was sign up for the DJ pro subscription with Soundcloud, which allows me to download the tracks locally. It does cost more, which is not ideal. I am betting this was Soundcloud's plan all along, hahahaha.

So this isn't really a fix to the issue, but it worked.

Again thanks to everyone for sharing your comments.

Mensajes Mon 04 Mar 24 @ 5:01 pm
tonz76PRO SubscriberMember since 2021
Hey, the error seemed to have rectified itself and I am no longer getting the issue. What changed again no idea
user26437907 wrote :
groovindj wrote :

I rolled back to the old version 7831 and absolutely no issues with playing a gig or at home like I did with 7921 . Now I'm just dealing with the fact it keeps asking me to update to that one I just clicked no so I have no idea what they changed in that version but 7831 works perfectly fine no re logging in trouble loading from SoundCloud at all

Hey, just to let you know I continued with that current update (7921) and around 1 week later the issue stopped occurring. Not sure what changed?

Mensajes Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 6:54 am
maxfdmPRO InfinityMember since 2023
Tried it on the latest version (8124) and it's still happening.

Mensajes Sat 04 May 24 @ 12:30 am