Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: POI not working automatically
I have POI set up to censor certain songs and some with an autoloop at a specific mix point.

I've noticed a few times lately the censor doesn't cut in and tonight one of the autoloops didn't engage and the censor never cut in.

I'm using a Denon MCX8000 controller. I've previously noticed this but when I've tested at home the next day they mysteriously work.

Any ideas?

Mensajes Sat 09 Mar 24 @ 10:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've found apoi can 'miss' sometimes, usually under heavy load conditions like computing stems or loading in a heavy VST.

I'm sure how they fix that without me knowing exactly why it's missed,
maybe it catches the apoi then it's missed to be acted on by the script engine which would just be a case of queueing actions and having a confirm that it did it [if it misses first time it tries again next time the script engine runs, ms later]

but it could be that the apoi wasn't noticed and that's a harder problem.

I ran into this when making Routine, I had to use a "if = or > than position" type of logic [only +30ms difference and quantize dealt with any slip], and I guess this problem is one of the reasons why "track edit based" flip was abandoned

Mensajes Sat 09 Mar 24 @ 10:56 pm
Nothing heavy running. CPU load around 2.5 percent with video output.

Stems are precomputed.

Mensajes Sat 09 Mar 24 @ 11:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
it's not cpu load, it's vdj load.
like real life, if you get 5 requests an hour that's not busy, but if 5 people in person all request at exactly the same time, then walk away, you might miss one.

Mensajes Sat 09 Mar 24 @ 11:31 pm
As I said nothing complex running, just playing a video as normal but the POI shows in the deck waveform but no action is carried out.

Mensajes Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 1:14 am
OK, finally figured it out. It's when the remote connection is running that POI are getting ignored.

I use them to censor vocals from tracks, create autoloops at specific points and switch the video skin on and off.

They work perfectly fine until the remote connection is live then they are ignored. Can this be investigated please?

Mensajes Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 6:47 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What's the script used?
(Perhaps it's a toggle, and executed from both remote and pc at the same time)

Mensajes Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 6:53 pm
Here are some examples. The remote is just running on it's own with nothing else happening. As soon as it's connected to VDJ they just stop working.

Mensajes Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 7:02 pm
Hi Adion, did you get a chance to look in to this for me?

Thanks!

Mensajes Tue 09 Apr 24 @ 10:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Yes, confirmed, will be fixed in next remote update

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 5:39 am
Brilliant, thank you so much!

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 7:37 am
Can confirm this is now fixed.

Incidentally I just had a crash and restart connecting to remote on my gig machine build 7921 if you want to take a look.

Cheers.

Mensajes Thu 16 May 24 @ 10:35 am