Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Phase HID
Hi everyone,

Is anyone used Phase DJ HID mode? Any issues or bugs? Thanks.

Mensajes Wed 24 Jan 24 @ 6:23 pm
I've used it - v2023 b7831 and onwards work well as far as I have tested (a few hours on a couple days at home, b7847 adds respecting of timecode_pitch_reset), but only with the upcoming release (which they are beta testing atm). I (and others I've heard) experienced a speed fluctuation bug and some ppl experienced other bugs with the versions they initially released with (Phase Manager v2.4.0, remote + receiver firmware v8).

It's unclear when they will re-release the final stable version required...it's probably advised to use it with the current stable version + firmware in DVS mode until then.

Mensajes Wed 24 Jan 24 @ 6:41 pm
Hello there,

Thanks for the reply. I've used it also with v2023 b7831 and onwards. My experienced on the HID mode are also the speed fluctuation bug and some pops & clicks (glitch) when you scratch, especially on slow drags or drop even if the pitch quality set to 4 (best quality).

As you said, the DVS mode is stable and I've used it as my daily setup.

I hope the official version, they fix the bugs & glitch on the HID mode. :)

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 24 @ 4:04 pm
Hi,

It's been a couple of months since I posted here regarding Phase HID mode. I'm happy now that they finally fixed the speed fluctuation when the Master Tempo is off in the latest build. (8124)

BUILD 8124 (2024-04-28)

-Fix prelisten player not playing when trying to restart a streamed song
-Prelisten player in browser shows cue points
-Fix playback of interlaced videos
-CloudDrive fixes
-Fix sidelist/automix/karaoke not allowing duplicates
-Fix List with Keep Order with files on different drives
-Fix warbling sound on Phase when master tempo disabled 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
-hotcueSavesLoop option

However, when the Master Tempo is on, I still got some glitch (pops/clicks) when you scratch. I'll post a video to show what I'm talking about. I hope they will fix this issue too. 🙏🏻

Overall, I'm super happy using my turntable with Phase HID mode! Thank you dev team!

Mensajes Thu 02 May 24 @ 8:58 pm
@DJ Peewee Primero I personally haven't experienced clicks/pops on my M1 MacBook pro, in my trials, but that's just me/my setup/actions.

Please post the video of the problem so they can look at it/correct it.

Mensajes Sun 05 May 24 @ 2:14 pm
I have but I'm not sure if its just me pushing the M1 to its maximum. Streaming, Stems, Camera feeds and recording is definitely making an impact.

I have to setup another system/setup (Denon 5000m's in MIDI mode) and run some test, I dont believe I was getting the clicks and pops with everything setup.

Ill report back sometime this week.

Mensajes Mon 06 May 24 @ 1:54 pm
I agree here too - the only time I've noticed a problem is when I was broadcasting to a radio station and recording (as flac), in addition to playing videos and sending the video output to a capture card - a lot for one machine. I've never noticed the problem when doing the same using phase in DVS mode, but it could be that the machine was overloaded (and maybe the HID processing is heavier on the system than the DVS processing currently). Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to look at system resources during the time (with (Activity Monitor/top), but I do know that when I switched over to DVS with needles, it worked fine from that point.

On Friday, I removed one part of the equation (i used butt to broadcast to radio on the streaming laptop) and everything went okay with phase via HID for 2 and a half hrs - more indication of a likely out-of-resources situation.

Mensajes Mon 06 May 24 @ 2:09 pm