Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Think you got what it takes to perform this one "live"?.....................huh?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

http://bitter.cream.org/audio/mp3/osymyso/osymysointroinspection.mp3

Osymyso sat one day and thought, right when i hear a song, i get this overwhelming feeling. whether it be good, or bad, i get a feeling about a song, right when i hear it. well, what would happen if i tried to capture that feeling of as many tracks as possible in a cohesive way?

Introinspection was thus born. a 101 track intro barage, filed down to 12 minutes. Its one of those things you have to hear to believe

as a bonus, check out this comic remix of Pat & Peg

http://bitter.cream.org/audio/mp3/osymyso/osymysopatnpeg.mp3

Enjoy

Mensajes Sun 13 Feb 05 @ 5:04 am
That first link is amazing dude......nice work (couple of harmonic clashes)but the creativity is absolutely amazing ..this was done live?????
Best Regards
Andre

Mensajes Sun 13 Feb 05 @ 10:30 am
wow.. *tries.. fails miserably*

i doubt that was done live, as theres a lot of repetition of parts, and effects on it. Unless this guy has thirty decks and eight arms to control them... :p

but man! thats a killer.. would be good to end a night on =D

Mensajes Sun 13 Feb 05 @ 7:05 pm
It's not done 'live' but with a multi-track software.
Although you could do it with a nice software like Abelton Live.
The day I master that software I will be rockin' like you've never heard before! :o)
(wishful thinking, I know)

Mensajes Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 9:23 pm
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there was absolutely no way that was done live. Even if you prepared all your samples before hand and knew exactly what you were going to do, there is no was a single person or even two would be able to pull that off. There is just too many things going on at once.

Besides, doing a megamix with software is not all that impressive to me at least. What is impressive is what guys like Z-Trip are able to do,.. and he does it LIVE,... and with vinyl no less. Now that is something to aspire to.

Mensajes Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 12:02 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I agree with anewsome.
Typically remixing job, has many good point and many "bad" or "over" or "out of sync" points.
Its not live, its made on a sequencer. (cubase,sonar,ableton live perhaps...)
I made this kind of mixes ...20 years ago... using tape decks and dubbing... again and again...

Mensajes Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 4:20 am
how can i tell how many song are in my data base
because when i am scrolling down the list i get to then end kinda fast
when i use music match i seem to have a lot more song in the data base

Mensajes Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 9:49 pm

Mensajes Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 10:02 pm
=)

lol

yes, this mix was not done live. its like, 99 intros all mixed up. Osy' figured everyone got hyped at the beginning of a song, so...........

here's more 'myso

http://bitter.cream.org/audio/mp3/osymyso/osymyso8beatinspection.mp3 - another megamix. decent, but not as good as introinspection.

http://bitter.cream.org/audio/mp3/osymyso/osymysopuckishmix.mp3 - a DJ mix by osymyso (little different as he spends so much time editing stuff. pretty groovy though. theres a few tracks i would have left out, but still very cool indeed)

Mensajes Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 10:15 am
dj fumaHome userMember since 2005
No doubt, VxLeSTaTxV has really done a very fine piece of Art.
There is a confirm possiblity of this kind of mix done live. I don't know what VxLeSTaTxV used,
But if u are to mix with VirtualDJ, then you've got to be using more than 2 tables simultaneously. Multiple access of VirtualDJ is supported & as well as the Network Sync support is there. I've mixed myself creating this scenario, the Sync is perfect. But the recording data is'nt actually being carried out from both the VDj's. I don't know how to correct this.
However, I usually call these kind of mixes BBM. Before-Bed-Mix. Moreover, the BBM helps u a lot for live mix corrections.
Finally a good Dj is judged on the artistic quality of the mix, as well as on the technical performance.
I would just say that...
Practice makes a Man Perfect!

Mensajes Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 2:25 am
dj fuma maybe time to upgrade to a legal version to repay the team for the software?

Mensajes Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 2:41 am
dj fumaHome userMember since 2005
for sure Dj Walkers, you don't needed to mention that even.
I've finalized to gift my whole life to the Atmoix Productions for their dedication to Music so much!

Mensajes Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 12:23 pm
what sofware did you use to do this
or
whats some software out that are good

nice mix

Mensajes Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 5:01 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)