Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Hercules DJC RMX : Mix advise needed

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dockraHome userMember since 2009
Hi VDJ Community :)

It seems there some skills to learn on how to mix with the DJC RMX.

This topic may be the link between Newbies and Masters and Development team if need ;)

So, me first, here is my problem :

- I've just bought the RMX, installed it easily and i'm using VDJ 5 DJC (limited ed)

- In the VDJ LE, loops on one deck are not that easy or impossible to match with the beats of the other deck. It's surprising ! Previously, i was using VDJ Home Edition 5 without any controller. There were 2, 4, 8, 16 loops smart maker in the interface : so usefull !! In the VDJ 5 DJC (LE) packaged with the RMX, you can't use any smart loop effects : just loop in and loop out that bring unsynchronisation between deck A and B when you mix it...

Is anyone meet this problem ? did anyone solve it or learn the way how to reach to synchronise beats when making loops with loop_in and loop_out effect with VDJ 5 DJC (LE) ?

May the upgrading from VDJ 5 DJC (LE) to Pro version is bringing a solution to this ?

Thanks about your answers and make this topic up to bring some skills you learnt on RMX using VDJ ;)

Mensajes Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 7:08 pm
dockraHome userMember since 2009
Several reads but no answer... T_T

May anyone help me to fix the loops problem i got with my DJC RMX ?

Mensajes Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 6:42 am
not sure but dont think all the effects workon version you got with rmx.i would upgrade to newest version.also download the rmx skin set the six button effects example 1 loop in 2 loop out ect.then you can change back to mixer skin and they will still work from the rmx.

Mensajes Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 3:30 pm
hello i have the same problem , i think i have to buy the Version Pro to get full program, that is sade i buy the HDC RMX thinking i will get full version of VDJ, im LIMITED.

Mensajes Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 9:54 pm
@dockra
Turn on "smart loop" in the skin (little lock icon next to looping controls).

@Dj Budjuro
You can get a discount for being an RMX user.

Mensajes Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 3:22 pm
if you buy the pro version ,you get your 4,8,16 loops back

Mensajes Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 10:07 am
If you're question is still unanswered, I believe I have the answer for you.

I'm usiing the Hercules RMX myself and use Virtual Dj Pro 6. On your keyboard, there some shortcuts to create loops. I often use nr. 4, 5, 6 or 7. I belive you can slo use nr. 1 and nr. 8 and 9. Anyway, Nr. 4 is 4 beats loop, Nr. 5 is a 8 Beats loop, Nr. 6 is a 16 Beats loop and nr. 7 32 beats. Nr. 1 I believe it was 2 beat and nr. 8 and 9 are half and quater beats.

I hope my English writing is readable, 'cause I'm from Holland! Good Luck!

Mensajes Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 11:06 am
In VDJ6 it's more easyer to setup buttons...

VDJ5..hmm i hope this skin for RMX will be good..but why she is in such a big resolution? xD my comp can handle with 1024pix only :/

Ipreffer to use loop in / out <--1 and 4 button on RMX

Greets from POLAND

Mensajes Sat 18 Jul 09 @ 6:54 pm
HeaddyPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Dj Budjuro wrote :
hello i have the same problem , i think i have to buy the Version Pro to get full program, that is sade i buy the HDC RMX thinking i will get full version of VDJ, im LIMITED.

I upgraded yesterday and i'm very happy. You'll like the Pro features because I missed a lot of things in the Limited edition, so upgrad soon as possible & Djing wont get boring ;)

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 7:42 pm
Hi, guys

Firstly i would advise ditching VDJ5 which came with the RMX. I have an RMX and i upgraded straight away, The problem you are finding is the mapping for the consol and in order to sort this out you have two choices.

1. Upgrade to pro and register to access the download area to get the mapping for the RMX. (If you upgrade to VDJ 6 the mapping has been corrected)

2. You will need to enter the opions menu on the top right of the screen in VDJ. Find the mapping opion and follow the instructions to customize the mapping to your likeness.

Any probs guys let me know

DJ Peter Star

Mensajes Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 10:12 am
Hi Guys

Have been using a Rmx for about a year, just updated to V6.1 and was wondering if anyone has managed to map a curve on the crossfader that works other than the basic ones.

I appear only to be able to get crossfader_relative and one or two others to work, however they are a bit choppy around the cut points of the fader and I was wondering if any of you had got a custom curve to work yet I can't get the code to behave when I try and enter it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also able to give some tips and stuff if anyone is new to using one of these with Vdj I really rate it and once you get a bit used to it mixing is a real pleasure even without timecode vynal etc.

Cheers for now

Mensajes Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 4:19 pm
I just upgraded to V. 6 and I have the RMX. Everything works great but I'm not getting any sound out of the speakers. Any suggestions?

Mensajes Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 12:15 am
if you updatet to Version 6 please register your VDJ V 6 Licence here on the forum under modify my profile...

it sounds that your using a freaky version of VDJ...

Mensajes Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 5:59 am
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm confused!!! i was thinking ov getting the Hercules steel but keep finding posts that say its not working properly or the DJ5 software is only a limited version and seems to have lots ov problems!!!
what shall i do?? Is the Hercules steel any good or shall i look elsewhere? if i do get it, should i IMMEDIATELY upgrade to VDJ6pro to be able to use it properly?? or stick with the limited version supplied? if this version isn't any good, WHY IS IT SOLD WITH THIS VERY EXPENSIVE HARDWARE??

Help!!!

X

Mensajes Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 7:11 am
Seana23 wrote :
I'm confused!!! i was thinking ov getting the Hercules steel but keep finding posts that say its not working properly or the DJ5 software is only a limited version and seems to have lots ov problems!!!
what shall i do?? Is the Hercules steel any good or shall i look elsewhere? if i do get it, should i IMMEDIATELY upgrade to VDJ6pro to be able to use it properly?? or stick with the limited version supplied? if this version isn't any good, WHY IS IT SOLD WITH THIS VERY EXPENSIVE HARDWARE??

Help!!!

X

First, be sure and understand that the Steel is a controller only, with no sound interface. Therefore, you would also need a soundcard (or use the soundcard in your PC) if you opted to buy the Steel. The RMX ,on the other hand, is an all-in-one product that includes an internal soundcard.

In terms of the software, it depends on what you plan to do. If you are spinning segues for small parties, or doing some basic beatmixing, the software that comes with the controller will probably be fine for you. If you want to be more creative (eg. remixes, etc.), then you'll likely want the benefits of the pro version. I hope this helps in your decision ;)

Mensajes Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 9:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)