Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: All this chatter about the Numark NS7....Who has one? - Page: 4

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE YOU ARE DEALING WITH.

HERE ON LONG ISLAND NY WHICH IS ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE CITIES TO LIVE. THE SHIPPEST WEDDING IS 1000.00 BASIC.
LAST SATURDAY I HAD A GIG AND WE CHARGED THIS COUPLE 2000.00 FOR 4 HOURS. TWO FLAT SCREEN TVS, ONE MC, CUSTOMIZED LIGHTS, NS7, A MAC COMPUTER, WIRELESS MIC, 100 GIVE AWAYS, AND GOOD MUSIC. SO WHOEVER IS TALKING ABOUT THE DOLLARD GETTING WEEK, I AM UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU ARE PROBLABLY WORKING DOWN IN THE SOUTH WHERE PEOPLE DONT PAY.
THANKS,
FRANKLIN CARRERO

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 1:58 pm

HERE ON LONG ISLAND NY WHICH IS ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE CITIES TO LIVE. THE SHIPPEST WEDDING IS 1000.00 BASIC.
LAST SATURDAY I HAD A GIG AND WE CHARGED THIS COUPLE 2000.00 FOR 4 HOURS. TWO FLAT SCREEN TVS, ONE MC, CUSTOMIZED LIGHTS, NS7, A MAC COMPUTER, WIRELESS MIC, 100 GIVE AWAYS, AND GOOD MUSIC. SO WHOEVER IS TALKING ABOUT THE DOLLARD GETTING WEEK, I AM UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU ARE PROBLABLY WORKING DOWN IN THE SOUTH WHERE PEOPLE DONT PAY.
THANKS,
FRANKLIN CARRERO

$2k for a dj who can't spell??? priceless!!!

What a statement that was.

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 2:41 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Ya Bastud wrote :

THANKS,
FRANKLIN CARRERO

$2k for a dj who can't spell??? priceless!!!

What a statement that was.

The number one rule of this forum is being respectful to others. Non Licensed Users, or VIPs Mutual respect is expected from everyone. Please do not generate posts such as this in the future, it could end up with your account being locked. Please consider this a friendly warning....

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 5:17 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey... I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but obviously I did (just joking, financial crisis is worldwide). So I apologise for that.

Anyway, if a basic gig goes for 1.000 $, that makes you earn back your gear faster. too bad living around there is more expensive.
So I guess my point still stands: you have more expenses for your everyday life, but you earn more, so finally it's easier for you to buy and earn back those flatscreens, NS7, Mac pc's,...

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 3:39 am
Believe it or not the average price for a wedding in houston is 600.00 for a small setup and 1 light. We have some DJ's starting at 400 for 4 hours.

We do have weddings that go for over 1000 but those are found at 100k weddings.

Then again our cost of living is so low compared to NY. I bought a new 3 story townhouse three blocks from downtown and paid 225,000 (1900 sq ft)

You wont be abel to find that in NY for that price.

Parking is free downtown after 6pm. There are also pleanty of spots to park.

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 11:05 am
Just got a NS7 for demo before we put it in the clubs. My personal opinion DO NOT BUY ONE. Our reason? Itch is like playing your MP3's back in the stone age. No video support, horrible graphics and interface, garbage sorting through your music library, not even CLOSE to being as clean as Virtual DJ. My reccomendation is to wait and force Numark to rethink their sales to include other platforms such as award winning Virtual DJ. Why limit a controller as good as NS7 to such garbage software as Serato's. Seriously, the software looks like it was written back in the early 1990's...

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 2:49 pm
It's my main reason to stay with Virtualdj.... every time they manage to get better and bring in more stuff. From the early versions on they had an edge over other software. In the early days, there were some packages that were somewhat better performing, but Virtualdj kept going on without laying back and counting money. Maybe that's a bit because of their position on the market... ;-)
Anyway, Numark is probably ok for the hardware part, but I have my doubts on the soft side too... I just experienced the same with the Synq PCM-1: well thought about concerning layout and buttons on the hardware side. Software is ok too, but that's it for now. Solution: mapping to Virtualdj. Done. Same goes for NS7 I guess.

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 4:22 am
YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A GOOD TYPER OR SPEAK A PERFECT LANGUAGE TO BE A GOOD DJ. IN ORDER TO MAKE GOOD MONEY IN THE DJ BUSINESS, YOU NEED TO BE RESPONSIBLE, GOOD MUSIC EQUIPMENT AND STAFF, AND GOOD MUSIC (AN EXTENSIVE LIBRARY). I UNDERSTAND WHY NY IS MORE EXPENSIVE AND TRUST ME I WAS A DJ DOWN IN FL AND IT WAS TWICE AS CHEAPER AS NY. AGAIN, I WAS JUST RE-INFORCING THAT HERE IN NY WE (DEEJAYS) CHARGE A LOT OF MONEY OF AN EVENT. I WILL BE VERY UPSET THAT SOMEONE THAT DOEST NOT KNOW HOW TO TYPE LIKE ME MAKES MORE MONEY THAN SOME PROFFESSIONAL TYPERS.

THANKS,
DJFRANK....

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 11:49 am
Serato is a software that allows you to play your music files instead of carrying crates of records or cds. It supposed to be simple & no fancy features. I like it for this reason. I make the features with my hands.

Mensajes Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 3:18 am
Caliente123 wrote :
Serato is a software that allows you to play your music files instead of carrying crates of records or cds. It supposed to be simple & no fancy features. I like it for this reason. I make the features with my hands.

Aren't they all... ??? I don't get your point here. The most simple solution that does the job (and that I have on a CD somewhere) is virtual dj mixer (http://www.tomdownload.com/audio/audio-players/virtual-dj-mixer.html). There is also a "studio edition" but if you want simple, this is the tool: a bunch of tracks (in setup you pick the number), you have tags that are read, PFL, EQ and even limiter/compressor in it. Perfect for your description...
If you drop money like for Serato Scratch Live (hundreds of $/€ that is), you're waisting money in that case... ;-))

Mensajes Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 12:52 pm
Buying something you like is not a waste of money. I don't understand what the fuss is about with the NS7. The Unit works really good. Its designed to play music and that's it. You look to left to find a song and you load it up... Press play and DJ.. Finding songs on your library is easy and the skin is easy to read. Isn't something that just works flawless worth alot.

Mensajes Sun 19 Apr 09 @ 2:41 pm
As soon as the new version of virtual dj comes out which is compatible with numark NS7 i will purchase the NS7. I have play with the NS7 and watch demos of it. I think its a cool controller but serato itch is so basic. I personally think numark was foolish in teaming up with serato in creating serato itch. I think more people would have bought the NS7 if it came out the box with Numark Cue. Ill wait till the new version virtual dj comes out before purchasing numark NS7. I hope the new version comes out before the summer, cause thats when i really need it cause i gets so busy. I like the NS7 because it takes less time setting up and the fact there is no time code cds, and the way it is set up. I can't wait to try it with virtual dj, I hope the new version comes out soon!!!

Mensajes Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 10:11 pm
@ Macavelli

I don't think it would have sold more using Numark cue software . Serato is the best selling software in the world and by putting their mark on the NS7. It's selling like crazy. Many stores are waiting for more shipments and customers are waiting to get there hands on it. Many might hate serato but the fact is that its selling .It would be nice if Virtual Dj & Hercules work together and design an ultimate controller

Mensajes Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 10:37 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Caliente123 wrote :
Serato is the best selling software in the world

This is just your opinion. Here in the states Serato is very visible, in Europe VirtualDJ is just as visible......Your trying to compare Ford and Chevy. Both great cars. You like your Ford. I like my Chevy.....please keep in mind this is VirtualDJ's forum.....By the way. This is my personal opinion, not the corporate opinion of VirtualDJ......

The official stance of VirtualDJ has been, and to my knowledge always will be, it will work with almost any hardware. Hence you get to choose your hardware. Not VirtualDJ, can Serato say that?

Mensajes Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 11:31 pm
You are right about Virtual dj being very visble in europe. Im not gonna argue that. When i said the best selling. I wasn't talking about serato being better, I was talking about the sales. The Internet is not just the states. Its so many dj stores carrying it, dj schools teaching students with it. Buy it online. They are always at the Nams, dj events etc. All this is marketing. Virtual dj is a great program and its more flexible because you can customize it to your needs

Mensajes Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 12:42 am
ta0zh0uPRO InfinityMember since 2008
serato itch is a clearly inferior software to virtual dj/numark cue, in fact doesnt even compare to SSL... it blows my mind why numark would shun its own CUE software in favor of ITCH, which is actually available on the serato website for free download (this should tell you something)

Mensajes Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 1:45 am
what should it tell me? That the Numark-Virtualdj link is growing weaker? That NS7 support will not be native? ???

Mensajes Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 2:52 am

Mensajes Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 8:39 pm
OK, so serato made the avances... and Numark went for it, with a hardware that is instantly supported by software... for now ;-)

Mensajes Fri 24 Apr 09 @ 5:23 am
ok so this should clear up some questions about the NS7...

I work at a Guitar Center in Arizona. I personally sold three of them, two were display units. All of the other stores in the valley have sold completely out of their units. With 30 Stores in my region, there are only about 10 left and they are ALL on display. Every store is waiting on new shipments. These things are selling like hotcakes.

The idea of Scratch Live (as is Virtual Vinyl, Skratch, etc) is that Vinyl DJ's and CD DJ's want a way to play their mp3's from their computers and control it with their current hardware.The purpose of Itch (even starting with the VCI300) was not for VDJ users, Traktor users or SSL users to convert over. Serato has done a fantastic job controlling the market by offering a stable product that works for pretty much anyone with turntables or cd players. But what I have noticed a lot lately (because I sell this everyday) is that many DJ's who are just getting started, are buying two turntables, a mixer, and serato and are never using their hardware for anything but to play the control signals. The cheapest set you can buy is two CD players for $400 each plus a $100 mixer plus serato for $540 plus a laptop stand for $80. So these new DJ's are spending a minimum of $1500 bucks to get started with a decent dj set. Same if they go vinyl.

If you add it up the way I just did, and consider that those CD players / Turntables will never be used by the new DJ for anything but the control signals, then $1299 is a very reasonable price for everything that they need. Plus, they learn a lot faster because the hardware is dedicated to the software. Not to mention there has been the Vestax controller for quite some time now for only $900

And finally, what really boggles my mind is the amount of attention this is actually getting from current Scratch Live users... the market this is definitely not aimed at. I had one DJ sell his rig to get this and another waiting on the second batch from Numark. It's a hit. No effects, no video and no 1.9 features like loop roll and sampler but it is definitely a solid All-In-One device. There's a lot of negative talk because of the VDJ bias in this forum and I already agreed THIS DEVICE IS NOT INTENDED FOR EVERYONE, however, there's just not really any negative things to say about it and I think sometime soon, you guys should just give it the credit that it is due.(now a full issue-free month after release)

McNutty

Mensajes Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 5:15 am
91%