Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual DJ6 and Numark NS7 (genelar topic) - Page: 12

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Didnt he say he's using VDJ 5.x. How the hell is the platters spinning? Maybe I read it wrong or not, but I got the impression, I got it working but I can tell you how to make it work - (I've read different parts of the post.)

Even if it works I didn't see him actually scratch on it. Then again I prolly wouldn't post my feeble attempts at scratching on video either.

thanks,
David

Mensajes Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 10:58 pm
damian27 wrote :
Hopefully you're not counting the video by DJ Esco as virtualDJ controlling and cueing the waveform using the NS7. Again, from all that's being proven here, ITCH is the ONLY software that can control the cueing and scratching of the waveform using the NS7 platters.

Yes I'm not couting his video.

The fact is ITCH is not the only software that can control the cueing and scratching of the waveform using the NS7 platters. I don't know why you insist on this but it's totally wrong !!!

VirtualDJ v6.0.1 already supports the motor of the denon DN-3700. For NS7, the motor code is already finalized in the next version of VirtualDJ and some VirtualDJ users (Numark too) are already testing it with success.

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 8:21 am
djcel wrote :

The fact is ITCH is not the only software that can control the cueing and scratching of the waveform using the NS7 platters. I don't know why you insist on this but it's totally wrong !!!

VirtualDJ v6.0.1 already supports the motor of the denon DN-3700. For NS7, the motor code is already finalized in the next version of VirtualDJ and some VirtualDJ users (Numark too) are already testing it with success.

All the other posts within this thread can be deleted now, this is the best news I have heard since v6 was release.

Thank you Cel

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 10:04 am
damian27 wrote :
Hopefully you're not counting the video by DJ Esco as virtualDJ controlling and cueing the waveform using the NS7. Again, from all that's being proven here, ITCH is the ONLY software that can control the cueing and scratching of the waveform using the NS7 platters.
Yes I'm not couting his video.

I'm not insisting on this, just no one on any of the forums have had success with this until your news. I stand corrected and awaiting the next version of VirtualDJ.

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 11:43 am
ta0zh0uPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djcel, when is that version coming out?

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 8:21 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
ta0zh0u wrote :
djcel, when is that version coming out?

This question has been asked time and time again. The only answer I have ever seen is "soon".

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 9:46 pm
Midi mapp 1.4.1
Strange thing: When i use Asio driver on my NS7 Bleep is not working, but when i use sound driver of my embeded sound card everything is O.K.
Any suggestions???
Thanks Tjeck

Mensajes Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 11:58 am
Tjeck1972 wrote :
Midi mapp 1.4.1
Strange thing: When i use Asio driver on my NS7 Bleep is not working, but when i use sound driver of my embeded sound card everything is O.K.
Thanks Tjeck

I'm having the same problem. I also don't hear anything using the ASIO driver when the audio is played backwards (ie. REVERSE is engaged).

Mensajes Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 12:11 pm
Strange?????

BTW: Good to see you back

Mensajes Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 12:24 pm
I am so impatiently waiting for the ns7 vdj 6 update. I just hope i will not be disappointed!!

Mensajes Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 8:31 pm
savoryPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Here's something i found but im sure this is old news.

IIRC, it's not a proprietary form of MIDI, the platters use a custom implementation of the Human Interface Device (HID) protocol. The rest of the unit uses MIDI.

There are HID to MIDI converters, but no one has successfully translated the platter movement. I would expect that software makers would have to explicitly support the device as mapping to MIDI wouldn't work. An example would be SSL's use of the custom HID in the CDJ400.

Mensajes Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 1:36 pm
hi all,

i am new here, but i have been watching the progress on the NS7 midi map closely,
can someone sent me the 1.4.1 beta def en midi map files that are online for vip users please,
i want to try them out on my NS7.

thanks

Mensajes Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 12:58 pm
Sorry, nobody will send you files from this site. It is not permitted.

Add-ons are available to registered licensed users only. Mappers and tools require a license for VirtualDJ Professional to both download and use them.

If you would like to download and use add-ons, you will need to purchase the software: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Mensajes Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 4:29 pm
hey. i use the mac version of virtual dj. i'd like to know where to paste the definition file of the ns7 mapper plz.

Mensajes Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 9:36 pm
to jpboggis

I understand that u have to have virtual dj to use the addon software,

however, i will not spend 250 euros on something that is useless for my controller. therefor i would like to test the beta file on a trial vdj version. sinds it is a beta i don't see the harm in that.

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 3:15 am
I downloaded the mapper, But I did not even know how to use it or what to do with it. How do I incorporate this mapper to work with my ns7 and My Virtual DJ.

Thanks in advance,
DJ Carrero

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 9:55 am
You should put your def file into the definition folder and put the map file in the your mapper folder.

Then you need to select the mapper file from the config/mappers tab in VDJ.

My description isn't as detailed as I like it to be, but I don't have VDJ installed on my office computer, although that would be fun, just might not get very much work done. :p

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Wesley

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 10:05 am
dj molaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
more details :
definition file in \...\virtualdj\devices

mapper file in \...\virtualdj\mappers

once you do that , open vdj go to config and in mappers check in the left list under "keybord" , and select the ns7

reagrds
dj mol@

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 12:26 pm
thehunter556 wrote :
to jpboggis

I understand that u have to have virtual dj to use the addon software,

however, i will not spend 250 euros on something that is useless for my controller. therefor i would like to test the beta file on a trial vdj version. sinds it is a beta i don't see the harm in that.

Sorry, but that is not possible and will not happen. Add-ons are only available to licensed users who have purchased the software.

If you wish to try it first before purchasing, you will need to wait until the NS7 is officially supported by VirtualDJ. Then you will be able to download the official trial version and try it out for free for 20 days.

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 12:27 pm
when will virtual dj 6 be offically supporrted my Ns7 and mac

Mensajes Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 4:26 pm
60%