Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual DJ6 and Numark NS7 (genelar topic) - Page: 17

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

b1shopPRO InfinityMember since 2007
MAGAGAR80 wrote :
b1shop wrote :

I have noticed popping sounds as well and they won't go away. They weren't there before until I got the Hercules DJ Console Rmx and now it does it even if I'm not using it. This is why I sold my NS7 there's too many issues with the NS7 and VDJ. Hopefully the Denon S3700 will work better with this new release of VDJ 6.0.2.

Well I got a pair of Denon DN-HS5500 which share the same technology as the DN-S3700 and I must tell you that I am very impressed with VDJ 6.2

That's what I like to hear. I've been waiting on to see comments about the DN-S3700 and VDJ 6.2. This sounds like great news. I'll keep checking around and thanks for your comment.

Mensajes Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 4:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's fixed .. and working just fine. Plenty of posts already here and at Denon.

Mensajes Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 4:49 pm
What's up with this forum.

I have not heard from the moderators in 2 days in regards to my questions.

My platters are not working on my NS7. Everything works if I turn the platters off.

I have noticed other people questions have also not been answered.

That's bad customer service in my opinion.

Mensajes Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 10:31 pm
Do you still have that incomplete definition file that was floating in the forums in your Devices folder?

Have you looked at the Numark Sticky thread above and configured your system to their recommended specs?

And it is not the moderator's responsibility to answer your questions ... and this is a 'community' environment ... if you want personal support then you should consider using the e-Service next time.

Mensajes Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 10:37 pm
hello,

my original laptop was a good 4 gb of ram bla bla bla but i thad a amd procesor a good one but amd.. i changed my laptop to another another one that have a intel core 2 duo 2.6ghz 4 gb of ram bla bla bla and take on consideration all the recomendations that the numark person told on the forum and also the considerations made by the ns7 to turn off all the extra things like the wireless off, all windows fx, change the theme to windows clasics bla bla bla and still hace the same list of problems!!

WHAT REALLY BUGS ME IS THAT WE WAITED SO LONG!!! FOR THIS?? we filled our heads with this idea that the ns7 will be perfect with vdj (if it woked ok with no bug and no errors and bla bla bla).

* from a client point of view: im disapointed
* from a engineer point of view: it has been done before can you guys do like a reverse engineering with the parameters of itch and
apply them to vdj of some thing. i know that programing is dificult but .. all this time for this???
* the thing is we need that the ns7 work correctlly with vdj: in my case what i suppose to do with my videos my karaokes??? itch can
only manage mp3s. you are leaving us out of work. in my case im a reident dj i dj 3 times a week!!!!
what i can do if my gear dont work in the correct way.

i mean seriouslly we are here talking about this beacase we need this ok vdj + ns7 = $$$ ok money for every one for us and for vdj company
this is a win win situation can someone from inside the vdj company related to the programing of the ns7 can talk to us ??? i mean for example im an mechanical engineer can i help with something??

Mensajes Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 11:12 pm
And do you guys not read the Numark Sticky thread??? Where Numark reps post answers about the Numark gear? Where it was clearly stated that they worked on the NS7 ... there was no 'reverse' engineering done. The only reverse engineering was by users on this forum trying to make it work before it was ready. So, if you are experiencing problems ... maybe look at a few posts in the Numark thread ... maybe something there that will help you.

Mensajes Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 11:31 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
MOVED HERE

kingarthurdj wrote :
i found this:

Quote:
NS7 OWNERS:
We recently learned that a small production run of NS7s had a manufacturing issue that requires a simple rework to a component inside the unit (a single diode with the wrong value was mistakenly used). While we were able to diagnose and correct the issue for the majority of units before they were shipped to our retailers, a small number of units made their way into the hands of end users before it could be corrected. Note that this only effects a small handful of units that were produced and shipped to retailers after August 1st; all units purchased before that date are not effected by this issue.

If you own an NS7 with a serial number whose last four digits are between 3007 and 5001, we have set up a hotline for you to call to arrange to have the issue corrected with your unit. Please call us at (401) 658-3131 x 1408, and we will make arrangements to update your NS7.

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 2:01 am
Rusty73PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Need Help !!!

I just picked up the NS7 and prefer using Virtual DJ as i have been using it for a long time now. However when i connected the NS7 to my Mac and used Virtual DJ i was not getting any sound out of the NS7. I could only hear the audio on my lap top.

Can anyone let me know what i should do?

Thanks,
Russell

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 7:28 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
skyfxl wrote :
RECOMMENDED NS7 CONFIGURATION

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Mac
Core Duo 1.8GHz processor or better
2 GB RAM
OS 10.4.11 or higher
USB 2.0 port

Windows XP
2GB RAM
Service Pack 2 or higher
USB 2.0 port

Windows Vista
2 GB RAM
Service Pack 1 or higher
USB 2.0 port

IMPORTANT: DRIVER INSTALLATION

Before using the NS7 with Numark Cue, you must install the NS7 driver.

Windows:
If you have not already installed ITCH you must install the driver separately.
You can download the latest version of the NS7 driver from HYPERLINK "http://www.numark.com/ns7" http://www.numark.com/ns7

Mac:
To enable your computer to communicate with the NS7 you must first Install the latest build of Itch, this will also install the NS7 midi drivers.

You can download the latest version of Itch from
http://www.serato.com/downloads/itch

STEP 1: SOUND SETUP

Windows:
On the sound options tab please choose the following options:
[Configuration > Sound Setup]

Inputs : None
Outputs : Headphones
Card : Asio
Driver : Numark USB Audio Device
Channels 1/2 main 3/4 Headphones
Press APPLY.

Mac:
On the sound options tab please choose the following options:
[Configuration > Sound Setup]

Inputs : None
Outputs : Headphones
Card : 4/4 Card
Driver : Numark USB Audio Device
Channels 1/2 main 3/4 Headphones
Press APPLY.

STEP 2: PERFORMANCE SETTINGS

This step is important for both PC and MAC users.

The performance slider allows a user to set the resources made available to Cue.

Please go to the performance tab [Configuration > Performances]

Please set latency to “Auto” and ensure that “Safemode” and “Overclock” are UNCHECKED

Set the performance slider halfway between “Fastest” and “Best”

Now proceed to test the unit, if you find your system is performing well increase the slider one step towards “Best”

Now retest with the new setting if the unit performs well move the slider closer to “Best” Repeat this until you reach “Best” or you notice performance issues. If you notice a performance issue move the slider back to the last position.

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 7:30 am
hi all,

what i would like to know from vdj is, will there be anymore work put in to the support for the NS7 or
is this it.
We all waited for this update to come out, and i think we all are a bit disappointed, and not only because we spend
a lot of money on the hardware/software.
We must also understand that this device is still pretty new and that bugs will occur.
With itch there are still plenty of problems as well, for instance the false bpm count, which (almost) never occurs with vdj.
We can all wait for itch 2 but without a doubt, there will be issues in there too.
So virtual dj team will there be updates coming for the NS7 or are we stuck with the 6.02 version as being final?

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 7:46 am
idjsounds wrote :
What's up with this forum.

I have not heard from the moderators in 2 days in regards to my questions.

My platters are not working on my NS7. Everything works if I turn the platters off.

I have noticed other people questions have also not been answered.

That's bad customer service in my opinion.

This is my answer from the support team about the platters:

I would recommend contacting Numark about your unit. The 6.0.2 release was done in conjunction with Numark and their testing of the NS7. They might be able to pin-point why you are hearing noise ... it could be their drivers and something else on your system.

If you don't get good feedback from them please write back and we can look further into your setup.

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 8:30 am
CStoll are you a moderator on this forum?

I'm not understanding your perspective. Are you happy with Virtual DJ support or not.

I would think the programmer who mapped the NS7 works for Virtual DJ. I also think the programmer had a Numark NS7 in front of them when they were testing it. The mapper file exists inside the Virtual DJ software folder.

It's a good chance that the NS7 went dead on them due to the diode issue.

Mines went dead but they replaced it for free.

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 3:48 pm
<<<<<<<<<---- I work for Atomix Productions / VirtualDJ

And I am sorry that your platters are not working ... but we have several people using the NS7 on this release and the platters are fine.

So, let's back up a second ...

You installed the ITCH software and the controller works fine correct?

You then installed VirtualDJ 6.0.2 and the platters stop working ?

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 3:59 pm
That is correct I installed itch days before Virtual DJ.

I installed Virtual DJ 6.0.2 afterwards.

I hooked everything up and that's when I encountered the problem.

If I turn the platters off everything works fine.

If I turn the platters on and press play the platters move one inch.

If I move the slide pitch up and down the platters start moving all over the place. They are not calibrated to match the pitch slider setting.

I also noticed the wave form at the top of the software will zoom in when I have the slider all the way down (+). If I slide the pitch fader the opposite direction the wave window gets very small.

If I run only Itch by itself everything works fine on the NS7.

I also have serato scratch live with the video plug in installed on this computer.

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 5:27 pm
I have the same problem with my mac, ns7 and vdj. It's no way you can dj a party with the music tempo all over the place and the turntables not working. Also, does anyone have a vocal eliminator plug-in or a plug-in that take out the music and leaves the vocal for mac?

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 6:04 pm
dj molaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hello guys!
I have my ns7 work fine but a lot of issues are present . this controler is very hard to mapping it with vdj . cause we do not have right informations from numark about all the midi codes . the vdj team had made a good work in only two months . Serato has spent a couple of months to make it work fine and it still have troubles .
So I had met a lot of troubles before ( like platters don't work etc.. ) , I realised a lot of tests and differents config to make them working . if someone need i tryed to help him as i did for my self .

PS: only for windows users and vdj6.02

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 6:08 pm
I am using os x 10.5.8 on a 2.2GHz intel core 2 duo 4gb ram. Also, what about mac plug-ins for sound effects and video effects?

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 8:53 pm
idjsounds wrote :
That is correct I installed itch days before Virtual DJ.

I installed Virtual DJ 6.0.2 afterwards.

I hooked everything up and that's when I encountered the problem.

If I turn the platters off everything works fine.

If I turn the platters on and press play the platters move one inch.

My friends Mac did the same thing last night. We found out that he has to update itch to the newest version, then the platters will work correctly. Try that.

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 11:22 pm
hello cstoll

does people that had tested the vdj with the ns7 what are their computers specs ?? does they have no problems ??
i meen the same problems that we are having??

** to be orginized:
i rewrited the list of all the probles of all the other posts from the other users:

1. its not fully funtional
2. dont have the same response during scratching like on itch..
3. when playing a song and turning your browser button you hear this weard sounds...
4. using video mixing + the ns7 you will need a really powerfull computer...
5. when turning on the keytone button the song gain some interferance...
6. the sound quality i think its better on itch..
7. when you hit the sync button it dont actually sync the bpm only come neer for example 128.0 deck1 and 128.3 the deck2 this means that if you let the two track playing synced for a while youl notice that one is running faster than the other one and they will come off sync!!
8. I have noticed popping sounds as well and they won't go away
9. I could only hear the audio
10. If I turn the platters off everything works fine.
11. If I turn the platters on and press play the platters move one inch.
12. If I move the slide pitch up and down the platters start moving all over the place. They are not calibrated to match the pitch slider setting.
13. I also noticed the wave form at the top of the software will zoom in when I have the slider all the way down (+). If I slide the pitch fader the opposite direction the wave window gets very small.
14. If I run only Itch by itself everything works fine on the NS7.

help pliz!!

ohh and by the way thanks for the good work to you all!!

Mensajes Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 12:33 am
@sctoll

If you call something CRAP please remember that we (VDJ users) made this mapper without any info from NUMARK. At least i´m not a computer genie, and everything we made was just for the help NS7 users, to make VDJ work with NS7. WE did our best. 4 months before Atomix. So please......

Regards Tjeck

Mensajes Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 2:00 am
85%