Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Where to find it?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

First of all, I'd like to start off by saying that I am not a DJ, so forgive me for any incorrectness in my remarks and don't flame me right away.
Like most of you here, I love music. Usually, I'm not a very big fan of clubs because our clubs are... well, shit. Most of the music they play is thing b-class dance music that hasn't been played since 2003 and they think that they're already classics.
Anyway, back to the point. Most people love my music selection and how I combine them together for a playlist. Some friends have inclusively offered some gigs as a DJ. But, like I said, I'm no DJ. I just want to play my songs. I heard that may be known as a "DJ Set", maybe you guys can clear me up on that.
Secondly, I know I can't just put on originals because some aren't meant for the dancefloor without a little tweaking, so maybe you guys could help me out here. My favourite kind of music is Indie/Classic Rock/Pop. Where could I find decent remixes of this genre? Some examples of bands I would like to search (but haven't come up with results yet) are Cream, Arctic Monkeys' songs, The Ting Tings, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Wolfmother, etc etc.
Also, since I have no experience whatsoever and play all my songs off my iPod, I was wondering what you guys think of the iDJ2 for a basic startup, assuming all the speakers and mixers are already IN the club, and what tips can you give me to raise my probabilities of a good night?

Thanks for any upcoming answers :)

PS: Of course all these musics will be mixed along with normal dance music like Justice, Vitalic, 2ManyDJ's, MSTRKRFT, Boys Noize, etc, but to make a good stable genre of what I like to hear.

Mensajes Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 2:57 pm
im not by any means a professional but have been djing with vdj for a while now and i used to play one cd on the stereo and the other on the ps2 or whatever and kinda fade back and forth, the only downside i see is(this is not a bad remark about djing just somethign u have to get used to ) that back when i used to do that i could take any 2 songs ,like hip hop and classic rock and play them back to back and it would sound good but with djing i found i didnt have nearly the selection of music i thouight i had and it also kinda locks u in when u are focused on bom, i gotta work on just paying 2 songs that sound good in the story instead of just playing a certain track after another just cause they have the same bpm

also call it whatever u like its still a set or track list

Mensajes Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 11:49 pm
You kinda threw me off there with the term "bom". I don't know what you mean by that, but I do have all the other kinds of music because they're quite popular and easy to find around here, from R&B and Hip-Hop to Trance and Hardcore (although hardcore isn't very known here). But my favourite genre of music isn't very represented for the dance scene.
Jimi Hendrix, Eagles of Death Metal, The Styx or The Strokes aren't very out there when they have great tunes that can be easily transitioned. I'm not going to lock in to one kind and stick with it the whole night, that would be boring. You need to always have a "mint" to change the taste once in a while.
However, If I were to actually go through with this experience, it certainly would not be at the expense of my principals. My music is what makes people want to hear me more, so how can I betray it by not representing it appropriately. I realize that last sentence may have sounded cocky, but when I mean "people" I mean a group of friends. Then again, I'm not a DJ, so that's a pretty impressive crowd. :)

Mensajes Fri 03 Jul 09 @ 1:13 am
its all good. bpm is beats per minute where ckassic rock tracks vary,in "electronic" music lot of songs are locked in at the same bpm,say 128 peats per minute where a zepplin song may be at 90 bpm,so if u are going to mix it would sound kinda ruff unless you play one track all the way through and start the next when it ends, but even so,i know u said u arent a dj, but there are all kinds, look on the forums,theres people that mix anythign and everything u can find and even if its just playing for a few people hanging out once u start to learn how to mix youll be doing it all day,because if u are mostly playing like classic rock or whatever ull find that you can mix the songs to different degrees and when you transition from one song to another with no break in the music people will enjoy it,i dont know if i got off topic but like i said i mix wide varieties of different music and it always sounds good,i like the mint saying,cause u do have change it up and its nice to be playing something from the doors and mix it into a different style of music,i recommend trying VDJ just to see what the possiblities are, you might not be a dj but u might become one and it dosent have to be vdj im sure there are plently of mixing applications all over the net to get u started making a set,like u said even off the ipod

peace

Mensajes Fri 03 Jul 09 @ 4:53 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)