Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Pitch, and Headphone mix problems DJC/VDJ!!! - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

adzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey all,
Just bought my DJC about 2 days ago. Im a little dissapointed in what some have to say about the unit, as I think it does wonders. Anyway, I am having trouble with my pitch control. It would appear that when I try to change the pitch, it just changed the volume of the channel. I have tried pressing the master pitch button, but that does nothing, infact the volume knob at the top of each channel changes the pitch. What the???

Also, when im trying to mix, i cannot preview with the headphones. Everything i try to mix comes out live, and thats not good. I have tried mucking around with the headphone buttons on each channel, but that doesnt really do anything. Currently I have my headphones in the headphone jack, and my speakers are coming out of the 2.5mm speaker 1-2 jack. Any help would be great cause this is all thats holding me back from teeing up some gigs. Many thanks, Adam.

Im running VDJ 1.08 with the latest drivers from hercules.

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 4:44 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
in the 'setup' menu under the 'remote control' tab there is an option called 'inverse pitch/volume' click on this and it will fix your problems

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 7:07 am
Oh god. Thanks so much. And here I was thinking my unit had a problem....anyone know whats going on with the headphone preview thing then? Is it just an easy fix like this? Corect me if I am wrong but i should be able to play a track, and mix one in without the crowd hearing it until i decide, i.e. click the button or something? Cheers.

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 8:08 am
make sure the hurc. drivers are set to 'dj mode' and NOT advanced or normal. this may be your prob.

or

it may sound really dumb make sure your crossfader is not centered but is over on the side that you want to hear...

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 8:23 am

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 8:25 am
hey djzero, thanks. Is it an instand download if i buy that version? I would just like to make sure that my console works no worries beofre i buy more software. Can effects be loaded into my version of VDJ?

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 8:40 am
and i thought only v1.09 supported the hercules console???

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 8:50 am
the pro version also supports the console aswell as many other controllers & also allows you to use the jog wheels to scratch (you cant do this in the Console version)

pro version is avaliable as an instant download as soon as you pay via the buy tab at the top of the page

the link i posted above is the upgrade to the latest 'special' console version there has been another 7 upgrades since this to the pro version...

as the console version was a free bundle with the console it was cut down slightly from the full version, (that is also why it was only upgraded to 1.09 as this was when all of the bugs were fixed) buy perchasing the full version you get all of the features, as well as free upgrades whenever they come out

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 10:37 am
Still having trouble with my headphone mixing issue guys...any advice?

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 12:19 pm
try moving the crossfader to the left

then clicking the headphone button on the right side of the console start playing on both decks.

the left deck should come out of the speakers and the right through the headphones.

make sure that in the djc properties (driver) window it is set to dj mode otherwise it will not work corectly

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 12:30 pm
hey zero that works, but how are you supposed to mix like that? Cause you cant hear the other channel, say if i slide the crossfader right to hear if its going to mix correctly beofre you go live? Thats how my old mixer used to work. You could preview "mixing" both channels at the same time. This seems to just quickly swap BANG as soon as you hit the other headphone button.....surely that cannot be right, i must be able to smoothly crossfade the songs right? Hope im not confusing you.

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 12:39 pm
are you saying that when you switch between the headphone buttons that is whats coming out of your speakers?

the selected headphone button (you cant just select them both like PFL's on a mixer) is the channel you should be hearing through the headphones. some skins have a headphone fader which you canuse to mix the two channels together in your headphones (try mixstation sv skin there up in the top lefthand corner) see if this works

what comes out of the speakers should be realitive to where the main crossfader is. if it is fully to the left it should only play the left channel. if it is fully to the right it should only play the right channel.
anywhere between the 2 should be fading between the 2.

so is your main problem whats coming out of the speakers or is it just the problem of not being able to mix the 'heaphone' sound

(with the pro version you can take the outputs from each deck seperatly and use them on your mixer as you usually do with cd's / vinyl)

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 12:49 pm
In other words i want both tracks previewable at the same time via the headphones only so the mix doesnt get screwed live. So i can mix on the headphones to check the mix will be ok, but the crowd just hears the one track until im ready to crossfade...BTW: I have my headphones plugged into the headphones jack, and my speakers are out of the analouge 1-2 port. Thanks

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 12:50 pm
and at the moment i am hearing on my headphones exctly what i hear on the speakers, regardless of if i push either headphone button. Nothing changes. I dont get a single track when i hit either button...

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 12:54 pm
try the headphone preview slider like i described on the post above (it is one most skins not all) try the mixstation sv skin. this should pretty much do what your looking for not sure though cos i use a external mixer and dont need this function. but it should be the right one...

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 12:57 pm
god..just my luck. I think the sites down. Sorry to bother you Zero, but do you mean to tell me that this skin will enhance my console with this feature? Or i will have to actually fade my headphone with the mouse cause i want to stay off the mouse and kb as much as possible. Also if i were to get a mixer would this feature be possible? I dont see how the channels can be split coming from the console to a mixer seeing how its the one combined channel output from the console. Thanks again.

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 1:13 pm
got the skin, but it doesnt run. Tries to load and says error in line 534 xml or something like that.

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 1:27 pm
sorry forgot that that skin is updated for 2.06, alot of things have changed since 1.09 and some skins arn't compatable with the older versions.

with a external mixer you can do anything that you could usually do in the mixing side of things.

if you buy the pro version it will allow you to use the 1+2 output for the left deck and the 3+4 output for the right deck so you can just plug straight into the mixer and disregard the crossfader in vdj.

try downloading the djzero version of 'darkfun' (my one, i'm pretty sure this still works with 1.09) its on the second page of skins somewhere that also has a preview slider and is 1024X768, but unfortunatly you have to use your mouse for this (or could use the joystick in the middle as the mouse and do it this way) the best option in my opinion is to buy the full version and use an external mixer but in the mean time that should work O.K.

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 1:59 pm
ahh ok. Well thats good cause im going to buy a mixer anyway so i will just do it that way i think. Thanks for all your help DJZERO. Much appreciated.

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 2:46 pm
This still really doesnt help me in terms of the console hardware itself functioning properly. I went back to the store today and looked at theirs again. Seemed to work fine. I can listen to the left channel and be playing the right channel. I noticed in their green alien icon drivers they have the option of , from memory, normal, advanced, and asio, as my drivers only have dj, and something else. What should my console driver interface look like. I am pretty sure I got the latest ones off the hercules site installed. Any help would be great because I am now worried my unit is faulty. Currently this is my last isse, and im getting everything that comes out via the speakers in my headphones. Thanks.

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 7:20 am
83%