Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Post it here! - Page: 7

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol its not behind the scenes. most companys hype up their forthcoming features and improvements. im not trying to be funny but i dont think that the competition knowing even a month or two in advance of a release what it had in it wouold make the blindest bit of difference.

The status of bug fixes are not new features and there is no reason whatsoever that this community should not be kept appraised of their progress. Users of this software have waited and waited for fixes to core probems such as sound quality and time stretch as new features have kept on coming. a phase vocoding algorythm please lol!

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 2:39 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I would agree that VDJ is unique in this, but I see the sense in it, It works as a nice element of surprise, the problem isn't pre-release hype or "giveaways", rather it is the lack of a decent marketing strategy, I think personally that they are choosing to sell this product the hard way.., but sooner or later it shouldn't matter, It will be known for being the best the moment we can call it that.

Mensajes Sun 09 Oct 05 @ 1:07 am
HeuussPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Maybe a new BPM engine adapted for hip-hop / reggae / dub / .... music
Maybe other guys already asked this.

Mensajes Wed 19 Oct 05 @ 11:57 am
co0ldjPRO InfinityMember since 2003
hello all .Here r some new ideas

1st. in the browser that is on the left of the screen ( where there is MY COMPUTER and MY DOCUMENTS and studd like that) ( there is just the bar for the up/down page ) can u put a bar for left right 2 .. so we can read the things that we wants ( just like the internet explorer .. when u put the window in a small size u can move the screan in both sides ( up/down and left/right ) i hop that u had understanded the feautre.

2nd. the same thing for the effects brwoser but with a classification options .. (sort by name/ date )

3rd. put a brwoser for the samples plz...
for now i just have this 3 ideas hop that u make them real .. cus they help a lot.... co0ldj

HISHAM MAJZOUB FROM LEBANON

Mensajes Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 1:45 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if you expand (press on the little plus button to the side of) the thing that says desktop you can get to my documents and computer just as you can from any other program. desktop is root# for windows systems.

totaly aggre with the sample browser idea. clicking on each sample on that little button is stupid.

i would love to see a way of loading a set of samples with a song so you can have your vocal a capella samples and instumental breaks etc all load up when you load the song so u can do your blend in etc without having to track down the a capellas when your trying to mix.

look at your F keys;
1-4 deck A samples
5-8 permenant samples
9 -12 deck B samples

with the samples on each deck loading with the song

Mensajes Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 3:43 am
thats a great idea like you could load up a bundle on the deck that would also load the selected samples for that bundle... makes sense and would help me out as well

Mensajes Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 10:42 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
since the history.txt records all tracks loaded (i hope future versions will indicate only the ones that are played) could there be a txt or xml of all functions recorded.

i dont know what made me think of this. it would work as a survailance so that one can see how they work as they play.

i like that history.txt coz when u look at it it shows time of the tracks plays (rather loaded). if there was one that recorded every move im sure it could be useful to some.

it might take a lot of cpu to do it in real time so an on/off of this function could be great.

Mensajes Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 6:43 pm
ok maybe that one ^^ maybe too much. here's another good one.
A function that allows the same song/file on both decks to Synch Song Position even tho the active deck song position is behind the other one.

eg. one has same song on both decks playing around/looping/scratching with one deck [in the background] and wants to catch up with the other deck. Instead of seeking one could just hit this function/button and the song jumps to match the position of the other deck that's ahead (or behind).

**sheds a tear for coming up with this one**

(for the hip-hop heads) to make this function even more fun, it should be able to go a little bit ahead 2 or 3 or 4 beats ahead so that u can flip doubles.

Mensajes Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 3:59 pm

1. Being able to move the Waveform in the rhythm window left or right. left being parts already played. right parts not played.

2. Being able to set points (cue, loop, cbg etc) with combo mouse and keyboard shortcuts in the rhythm window. (shift+, ctrl+, alt+, windows keys+)
the combination of 1 & 2 would allow one to modify the set points as the song plays without having to pause cue or stop. even tho one would be chasing the points moving the waveform.

i use nero to cut or index tracks (properties>Index, Limits, Splits) and u can zoom and move left right while the song plays.

or 3. being able to freeze the waveform while the song Still plays to set up points.
eg. i.e ctrl+clicking the waveform with the scroll button freezes the waveform and one can set a point (cue, loop) as the song plays. then clicking ctrl+scroll button again takes waveform to original point of song playing.

Mensajes Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 7:22 pm
I think it would be great if the software could be more radio team friendly. I would sugest an auto-playlist feature were the program would send the playlist from a broadcast to the playlist link on the radio web site for that certain dj. It would have to be after the web site gets the link for the playlist up and running. Another feature that would be cool would be , that when you record into a file and you are using the cut into mutiple track option, the time for each file would be displayed (just like it does now), and also at the same time it would also display the total recording time. Great ideas I think...Give a vote if you agree or just add some comments on how to perfect these ideas even furture.

Mensajes Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 12:25 am
ok - many fantastic features can be added to Virtual dj to make it more advanced than the current hardware out there for control of a song and only double waveform with fully controllable loop control of the song

idea 1: looping needs heaps more advanced done - u guys have one the most adavanced looping systems i ever seen or heard for real time remixing of music - but u cannot save LOOPS (gee trackor can do that but we have to use a cue point and stop the song then hit loop button and then start again - i try build a macho tonight - can this be done wih current version to allow saveing loops amd for godsake -PLEASE let us have more than 10 saved loops - make it unlimted like cue points.

idea 1a - saved loops should be triggered with MANY buttons so u can Move from loop to loop in real time- loop while virtual is playing. so u can remix songs better-

idea 1b -i love to be able to loop any of the samples- ie.. Say Save a 8 beat loop and loop it with the same looper method used in virtual dj - but seprate to the decks playing so u can loop many things (i was so surprized it was not in the software allready ) wow

idea 1c - useing the looping system to be able to loop scratch effects pre load or save from the sampler - this would be really another way of scratching for those who cannot with current methods for some people out there - i allready use the looper for this - but been able to swap the sample with the scratch with other sample while playing or loop scrathing i call it ( email me or icq me and i send u a mix of musicclub germany where i done the effect to show u guys this idea by ear ) i done that with virtual dj 2 hey but includeing it within the sampler system u guys got and it might be a fantasic efect
for sure my icq is 319505670

idea 1d - loading diffrent saved sample sets with a nice fast drop down menu - any haveing more than 12 samples at once - i like banks to be shown all at the same time - one for cappella and ziggy x and frankie and one fot tistio - so u can quickly drop this down for a clever sample planel and seen the diffrent sample banks with scrolling so u can load 16 sample banks and drop them down Fast to use in real time all together

idea 2a - u need better loop snaping so u can auto snao in real time without haveing to make a slight ajustment of the start point. in real time wile u mixxing - this is for people who are also not as fast as other at controlling things in real time and moveing around like bruce lee with ya mix

idea 3 - redo the audio interface to sound card to sound better - use auto snaping for A DB LEVEL WHEN U LOAD UP A SONG - IE I HAVE MINUS -3 OR MINUS -4 DB LEVELS LOL - SOME HOW I PLAY WITH SOUND FORUGE AND FIND IT SDUND IS WAY AHEAD FOR PLAYING A WAV FILES AND SOUND CLEAN AS IT GETS - I FOUND IT BEST TO CONVERT MP3 TO WAV FORMAT AND THINGS SOUND CLEANER, YET ORGINAL WAS A 96K RECORDING - SOUND IQ HAS BEEN QUESTIONED BEFORE (WATCH OUT NEW Traktor DJ Studio 3 SOUND IQ HAS BEEN APPROVED.

IDEA 4 - WHERE THAN GOD DARM SKIN BUILDING PROGRAM ( HERAD ABIUT BY SOMETIME ELSEIN ROOM - WHY CAN WE GET IT FROM VIRTUAL DJ PEOPLE YET - I HEARD ABOUT IT ON SKIN FORUMS AND NO WORKING URL TO BETA VERSION LOL IM PISSED

IDEA 5 - UPDATE PROGRAM MORE TIMES A YEAR THAN CURRENT FREQ IF U CAN CALL IT THAT - SOMEONE WILL COPY U GUYS AT BIG TURNTABLE COMPANYS AND U BE OUT-WITTED BY THE SLOWEST UPGRADES I SEENS FOR SUCH FANTASTIC DJ PROGRAM IN WHICH SHOULD HAVE MORE PROGRAMMERS MAKEING IT KICK BUT- ( U GUYS MUST BE AT THE BEACH WITH THE PUSSY ENJOYING YA HALF MILLSION SALES AND PICKING UP TO MANY PROFIT CHEQUES

idea 6 - interface your virtual dj radio within virtual dj so users can play on ya radio channel - then have a voteing system in real time - they make mistakes allow the listeners to rate them - if rateing goes below a certain point - next dj is up and then u ca

more ideas coming im go mix my frog with certain trance song - ( when i heard axel f rooting the frog mix i got so anoyed that i remixed frog with this hottest song on the planet and she tripping boys )

hey dj tiesto why dont u use virtual dj or mix with 2 other djs useing useing virtual dj and your on ya tables - great idea too - HEY im the best remixer on the planet - contact me and i inpress with russian cossic beat juggling with trance useing break beat mixxing - my new elvisalive style hehe

anyone like to check out my mixxing and tell me how pathic i am or how diffrent i sound - i love to swap mixs with other hot virtual dj users who go on top 200 rateing charts - this would be a trip and if u good enough u get virutal dj -new online store to resell ya mix - u guy see trackor got beatport tech built into tracor 3 wow

regards

DJ-ElvIsAlive - the fastest dj on the planet - -i should call myself dj superlooper lol

Mensajes Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 8:14 pm
cool only trying to help and u can edit anything out of post ok

Mensajes Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 8:15 pm
Some pretty good ideas. Not very modest, but some good ideas.

MS

Mensajes Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 4:24 am
Loop:
i dont know what i'd call it but being able to loop a certain loop to whatever loop the user'd want. eg. take Lil' Jon's "What?!" and loop it only every 16 beats.
which means one would have to set Entry and Exit points but loop corresponds to only the Entry point.

This feature would be useful for Remixing by Looping a sample one'd like eg. a keyboard key, or adding a vocal.

Mensajes Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 7:54 pm
To choose a logo of your own choice, with a fixed size. Improved text-on-video functions.

Mensajes Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 8:33 am
Dear Mr. Cyder and Team ,

I would very much like an improved file sort/search setup ,being able to print out our library or
our play list(s) is very important to me. I would also ask that you consider adding another setting or two
for anaylizing beat patterns,,,country and rock music are very popular in the US and I play a variety of
gigs ,,I like your team and product,I Love the acess to support ,,although doing a wedding or party that includes music variety makes VDJ a less useful platform ,,,and to be strait ,,I and others really want to use ONE and only ONE s/ware . Thanks for your help and keep up the good work !!!!

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 3:55 am
reignHome userMember since 2005
I have a demo version of vdj. I have enjoyed having a little mess around with the program and would purchase it so I could put together some mixed cds. I'm not able to put together a live mix of 20 -30 tracks straight to recording and think that a beginner like my self could do with a recording punch-in feature like a sequencer such as cubase. This will also help another problem where when I am recording, at some point when i might change a setting say on the eq the track might cut or jump slightly and mess up the recording. This is may be a memory clean up issue with my PC but it only happens after about 3 previously recorded and mixed tracks have played continously ready for me to record and mix in the next track. A punch-in feature would also be away around this problem. I'm sure being able to punch-in and start recording at any point of a previous recording would be a good edition to this program.

Mensajes Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 3:43 pm
Reign,
please post a question in 1 thread at a time. This will make sure no double posts and double replies have to be written.
Ewout

Mensajes Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 10:09 pm
Hi guys. I've only applied to a user and password today, although I've been using Virtual DJ for a couple of days so please be patient with me if messages like mine have already been posted. I've been mixing in a few parties, and I feel that I would need the folowing thing: I have a video-card with tv-out linked to my TV. What I would like to do is have a fullscreen video efect (like winamp's avs) playing on the TV while i'm mixing on my pc. I also noticed that this never version either has a bug (because it skipps a few seconds in every song during play) or my pc is kinda old (1,8 Ghz, 256 mb ddram).
Oh and I almost forgot. Happy New Year to all the virtual dj users

Mensajes Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 10:38 pm
well TV out is not supported in the Demo. you will need the full registered version of the software which you can purchase here: www.virtualdj.com/purchase

more ram will surely help for video as well as a very good video card

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 11:55 pm
70%