Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Enough power??

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ZezkeHome userMember since 2005
Well, it's like this. Every end of a schoolyear we go "camping". Now i said i should take care of the music so i did, i got 2 amplifiers, 4 speakers... But i'm saving up to buy a HDJ. Then i'll probaply have mine already but that ain't the question. I don't really want to take my new desktop-rig because you all know what a can of beer can do to a computer. So i asked a friend of mine if i could use his old pc. He said yes. Now i am wondering if it'll be rough enough (srry for my english).
Its an Pentium III 1 GHz with 386mb of RAM. Will it work.

Mensajes Sat 30 Apr 05 @ 4:58 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think it's enough to work but of course don't expect yourself to have the best result (Long time of loading,...). Just a detail before buying HDJC: it's a light and old version of Virtual DJ (light v1.09) inside the box

Mensajes Sat 30 Apr 05 @ 5:05 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for the interesting story to ask such a question.

YES, but just barely. If you aren't planning on throwing a major 500 person bon-fire party with full blown Club style mixing then Yeah, you should be OK. But, again just barely.

Here are the Atomix specs for VDJ --
The minimum requirement to run Virtual DJ is:

* PIII 850 MhZ computer
* 800x600 SVGA video
* DirectX compatible soundcard
* 128 MB RAM
* 20 MB free on the hard-drive

The recommended configuration is:

* PIV 1.2 GhZ computer
* 1024x768 SVGA video
* 4.1 DirectX compatible soundcard (with front and rear separate outputs)
* 512 MB RAM
* 20 MB free on the hard-drive

cstoll

Mensajes Sat 30 Apr 05 @ 5:07 pm
ZezkeHome userMember since 2005
Ok thx, i think i'll take my new pc after all. Then i'll be able to use the new full version too, at least if i have enough €'s.

Mensajes Sun 01 May 05 @ 11:48 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Welcome in advance that's a very good choice.

Mensajes Tue 03 May 05 @ 11:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)