Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: VDJ's new software exclusively for touch screen - Page: 4

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm ready to get vdj running on my ipad. I already use VDJ as a video player and controller for watching movies with my fam. I can drop the volume during commercials(TVR'd stuff), eq, loop parts. etc. I would really love to have vdj on the Ipad so I could watch movies in the same way.

Mensajes Mon 24 May 10 @ 1:11 pm
Well there has been a lot of talk about this Touchscreen and VDJ. I have been running it now for 6 months and it is ideal. Now if I could only get ride of this controller things would be great. I seen there was a link for some software I think and something about 8 ppoints of touch. Does anyone know where the link moved too?

And I found the bedroom and hands line very funny. LOL LOL

BERDROOM DJ, LOL LOL LOL

Good one...

Blessings
Kory

Mensajes Mon 21 Jun 10 @ 12:23 am
New video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG5pCSkcVKs

Sure would be great if someone ( any software company ) would make some multi-touch dj software. I hate having to use my controller and my touch screen. A simple 2 point multi touch is all I need. ARGGGGG

Would like to do a little scratching, but not gonna happen any time soon according to Virtual Dj or Serato.

Blessings

Kory A.K.A. Dj Touchy formerly known as Dj Fete

Mensajes Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 12:54 am

Mensajes Tue 31 Aug 10 @ 10:42 pm
I seriously want to know how to make a screen like that!!! Great work by the way!!

Mensajes Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 1:48 am
Interesting watching that video... I saw him struggle with the crossfader for quick cuts. Plus when he was crossfading, just having his hand hovering over the covers area of the browser made them move when he moved the crossfader.

After seeing this and from personal preferences I think touch screen will need to be a hybrid. I can't see the touchscreen replacing the channel faders and crossfaders. This needs to be more precise and touch doesn't give it IMO.

Also, coming from vinyl, I like the feel of a jog wheel/platter to pitch bend, cue, etc. However using touch for effects, samples, browser etc does seem more logical.

If this technoogy becomes affordable, maybe we'll see some controller/touchscreen combos that take the best of both...

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 4:12 am
:p well my mate has sauage fingers :D and in parts of the vid you can see him catching the play list as he does the cross fader,need time to get used to you miss the tactile feel of faders and buttons.just showing the basics of what can be done with 1 application.
By the way,if you was all wondering,this is running on vista on a laptop with an amd chip,around 2 ghz,and its in single touch mode,when we setup the alienware laptop we will be using the duel touch on here,so you can mix on it like a hardware set.

ill update as we go.

Mensajes Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 7:51 am
I'll be interested in this,

Many times i have struggled to find the keyboard while mixing to type in the select the next song thats at the top of the list i can see. It would be so handy

Are touch screen monitors out and if so, how on earth do they work with Windows?

Mensajes Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 4:24 pm
Windows 7 has touch built-in. You can now buy all-in-one touch screen PC's from Currys. However, it's cheaper to buy a controller at the moment. It's not really cost effective to go this route at the moment.

For the £700 you would spend on an all-in-one touchscreen PC, you could buy a decent MDI compatible mixer to go with your turntables and timecodes...

Roy

Mensajes Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 6:53 am
hooorah!!! i\\\'m not alone in this world! i asked VDJ about the multi-touch function as well and they told me to shut up and just request for it in this forum! well, they didn\\\'t really tell me to shut up :)

i\\\'m using an HP TX2. here\\\'s a pic of my setup. i\\\'m more of a video guy so the touchscreen lays flat on the table and my main monitor is basically for video. due to lack of good skins for touchscreen and multi-touch functionality, i\\\'ve learned to assign TONS commands to my keyboard. i\\\'m also using a midi controller keyboard but bringing around a huge clunky hardware would just beat the purpose of using touchscreen. eh?

i use touchscreen for queueing songs and crossfader but all of the FX and EQ are thru the keyboard. sad eh? i also attempted to use a resistive touchscreen before (hence the small monitor on the right of my pic) but it has very poor response rate. my HP laptop has capacitive touchscreen and it has a much better response. not too accurate -- but i blame that on the small buttons on the skins.

@djtouchy -- i can feel your frustration man!! i really hope we VDJ would start to move on this. care to show some more vids on how you use your touchscreen? in the future, i\\\'m hoping to create real-time video effects and draw on the screen while playing. that\\\'s be awesome.

@alien -- i know that vid you\\\'re referring to! you sure you can do multi-touch when you change to alienware? i\\\'ve been bugging pablo martin to finish the VDJ version of his Emulator. hehe

Mensajes Fri 10 Sep 10 @ 3:10 am

Looks like its 3D picture on the screen?

Mensajes Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 2:38 pm
Talking about 3D. Just had a brain wave

How cool would it be if in time to come, you can mix 3D music video's!!!

Mensajes Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 2:39 pm

Mensajes Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 3:29 pm
yer we selilng the screens like in the last 2 pics :p

Mensajes Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 3:33 pm
dannyboy2005 wrote :

Looks like its 3D picture on the screen?

nah, it's just a standard crappy monitor

Mensajes Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 4:04 am
alienisback wrote :
yer we selilng the screens like in the last 2 pics :p

@alienisback -- you still need a projector right? so the projector is positioned at the bottom?

Mensajes Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 4:09 am
yes mate the projector is at the bottom,if u tilt it flat like a wall u could mount it up top.

Mensajes Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 3:40 pm
OK so where can I pick up 1 of these??

Huey

Mensajes Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 7:21 pm

Mensajes Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 8:11 am
80%