Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Recurse

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've been a VDJ user for about a year now so this is going to seem like an odd question but what does "Recurse" actually do? I can't find anything about it in the user guide.

Jay

Mensajes Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 6:31 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Recurse is a computer term that means not only look in the current folder, but also the sub-folders with in. Here is a definition ...

"Refers to including subdirectories in the operation. For example, if a Recurse Subdirectories option is available in a search, the contents of all subdirectories (subfolders) will be searched along with the primary subdirectory."

So, when you recurse a folder in the Folder panel ... the Tracks browser show all of that folders contents PLUS the contents from the sub-folders within that folder.

Mensajes Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 8:34 pm
and although this might be a handy feature for some people, if you have a large quantity of tracks, it will take longer to recurse..

if youre simply scanning to update your search database, just right click the start directory and add to searchDB (without recurse)

Mensajes Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 9:02 pm
Thank you for the replies. That helped alot!

Jay

Mensajes Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 9:53 pm
TonybJrPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I still don't understand how to use this information. What do I actually use this function for? I transferred all of my vdjcache's to an external hard drive, so I don't keep anything on the computer. But the Download Content folder still shows all these tracks I've downloaded, even though they are not there anymore.

Mensajes Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 6:39 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
This topic is about the 'recurse' operation, so the information in this topic is not related at all with your question.
The downloaded content folder will show all cached files that are in the vdj database, regardless of where they are located.

Mensajes Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 6:57 pm
just do it and look at the browser

Mensajes Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 5:43 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
MaxxDJ25 you may find recurse very useful. It depended on how you structure your music library. For example I have a Club folder which contains all of this type of music but it also contains sub folders, hence it is helpful if I click on the Club folder and select recurse. This brings up all of my "clubby" type songs. I can then expand the browser and select the songs by key which provides ideas and helps me find suitable songs.

Note:This is not the only method, songs could be found using the genre tag, which is a more modern approach.

Mensajes Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 6:52 pm
After 8 years, I think he probably done it a couple of times :)

Mensajes Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 9:42 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hm..

I've been a VDJ user for about a year now so this is going to seem like an odd question but what does "Recurse" actually do? I can't find anything about it in the user guide.

Jay

It's a 2009 post!

Mensajes Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 9:47 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)