Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Best value turntable for recording vinyl to MP3?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So any suggestions??? I recently went looking for a song to purchase and found out it was only available on vinyl, so now I need a turntable :) I don't wanna spend a lot of money, especially since I'm just gonna be using it to record the record to mp3. I know you get what you pay for though -- my range is $150-$250. Thanx!

On second thought, mebbe I should be buying a turntable so that I can expand my skills? Hmmmm that sounds better :) Anyways, thanx again :) !!!

Mensajes Tue 03 May 05 @ 11:23 pm
Well as far as buying a turntable mostly for recording it doesn't really matter what brand as long as the platter spins. The cartridge and needle will be producing the sound and determine the quality. So you should maybe concentrate on getting a good cartridge and needle and just a plain turntable unless you want to go to TCVs then I would recommend putting some cash aside and getting either some Technics 1200s or Numark TTxs. I own the Numark TTx and it is really nice and has plenty of torque compared to the technics.

Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Wed 04 May 05 @ 3:38 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Actually, the platter not only needs to spin, but it needs to spin at a constant speed if you want to use your mp3s optimally in VDJ later on.

I'm in the never-ending process of converting my thousands of vinyl to mp3, and after a lot of research I opted for the Stanton str8-80 turntable:
- direct-drive
- quartz-lock zero-pitch, very constant rotation speed
- line-out signal (important! no need for phono-preamp, plug it in directly into your soundcard)
- coaxial digital out, usefull if your soundcard has a coaxial digital-in
- OK torque
- the cartridge that comes with it is acceptable (although I use my old trackmasters, which I kept when I sold the 1200s)

I bought it for 250 Euros in France and am happy with it. the str8-60 would do to, the str8-100 is even better...

Note that the soundcard is extremelly important. You can have the best needle, you mp3 will be noisy if your soundcard sucks. I opted for the amazing ECHO Indigo I/O PCMCIA soudcard for my notebook (purchased for $150 in the U.S).

As far as software, I use the very good (and freeware) Audio-grabber, with the Lame encoder at 192 kbps CBR.

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

Mensajes Wed 04 May 05 @ 4:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)