Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Question about CD players, TCCD's, etc.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Okay, I have been using VDJ for over 6 months now by itself (laptop plugged into my mixer that is)...

Now I am looking to 'integrate' things better and I want to be able to use a CD player both on it's own (through the mixer) as well as with VDJ...

I am not looking to do a lot of 'scratching' via the CD interface (none is fine even) but basically to use it as a way to start and stop songs, cue them up, etc. rather than having to use the keyboard and mouse all the time...

So, my questions are:

1)Which brands/models of CD Players will allow me to do this?
2)Are there any DUAL Deck CD Players that allow this?
3)Is there any way to use the CD Player interface to start/stop songs WITHOUT a TCCD in the deck? (if I don't want the 'scratching' capabilities)

DJAlan

Mensajes Wed 04 May 05 @ 8:05 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

1.) Any, but just like when wanting to play CDs, certain brands have different qualities to them reguardless of how you use the player, scratching or not - regards of what you will need to use TCCDs
2.) Yes.
3.) See #1 for your answer.

But to answer your question in a more direct answer - I have a Dual Deck Stanton S500, if I use the TCCDs, I can start/stop, use jog wheels to control position, etc. It works great for the simple stuff. However, what I can't do is set multiple cue points, run my FX, browse the recordcase, etc. If these are the added features you want to take advantage of the invest about $250 into the DAC-2 controller. No you can't use it as a back up for playing CDs, but you will be able to do all of the things you mentioned plus the few items I mentioned.

cstoll

Mensajes Wed 04 May 05 @ 8:15 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)