Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: AUTOMIX playlist timings

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I use automix a lot (because I'm lazy) and at the moment it tells you how long your automix playlist is, which is fine. BUT.....the estimated time does NOT include time lost to mixing, hence a 4 hour automix may only last 3:30 if set to a 16 second fade and removal of intro-outro. What I really need is for the estimated run time to incorporate the time lost to mixing at therefore to be completely accurate. Even better would be if it could also accurately tell you how much time is remaining whilst the automix is playing. My club nights finish at 2am and so I need to know exactly how long my automix has left to play, so I know if I have to add or remove any tracks. I tend to finish my nights on a particular type of cheese so it does have to be timed right. The best thing would be if you could tell VirtualDJ what time your night finishes, so it can tell you if your automix will overrun or underrun, and by how long.

This would make automix exceedingly useful. Last time I used it, I created a 4 hour set, thinking it would last....well.....4 hours..... and discovered part way through the night that the set was progressing quicker than anticipated, so I had to keep on adding in more tracks and babysitting my laptop, always in fear the set wouldn't finish at the right time.

So how about having these proper timings added as a feature in the next version? In all honesty, having an estimated playlist length which doesn't take mixing into account is next to useless.

Cheers!

DJ Cybalist

Mensajes Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 7:48 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Very good point, and also an excellent feature to have.
++

Joey....

Mensajes Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 12:35 pm
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1

The playtime should take into account the currently selected mix type, based on the entry/exit points set.

Mensajes Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 11:45 am
As well as go down as tracks are played if they remain in the list. As it is now the time doesnt change til you remove the played tracks.

Mensajes Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 5:29 pm
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ya, so this means we also need a Config/Option where you can enable/disable auto-removal of automix played tracks :-)

Mensajes Sat 12 Dec 09 @ 7:31 am
I agree with the point about the remaining time decreasing as tracks get played, I usually end up having to manually remove all the played tracks to find out how much time is left for my automix, which is a pain!

Also, I agree about the time remaining changing to reflect the currently selected mixing type and fade in/out period.

The current display of total playtime is actually completely useless!

Mensajes Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 3:14 am
Cybalist wrote :
I agree with the point about the remaining time decreasing as tracks get played, I usually end up having to manually remove all the played tracks to find out how much time is left for my automix, which is a pain!

Also, I agree about the time remaining changing to reflect the currently selected mixing type and fade in/out period.

The current display of total playtime is actually completely useless!

We agree that something like this should be done. We didn't get to it for 6.0.5, but have it on the list for a future release. Great suggestion.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 8:48 pm
Thanks didnt see this one, Can't wait

Mensajes Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 10:28 pm
Support staff wrote :
We agree that something like this should be done. We didn't get to it for 6.0.5, but have it on the list for a future release. Great suggestion.

Excellent, can't wait for this to be implemented! :)

Mensajes Tue 02 Feb 10 @ 3:27 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Me three, Can't wait..

Joey....

Mensajes Tue 02 Feb 10 @ 4:44 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)