Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Vdj Video to TV

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

markPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can someone post a step by step guide to connecting a laptop with svideo output to a tv. Also what tweaks are needed in windows xp ?

Im eager to mix video in the new 2.1 version

Thanks in advance

Mensajes Sun 08 May 05 @ 11:48 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1) Set Windows in "Extend the the windows screen at this window" in the display options of Windows for the second screen
2) Go to the VDJ settings, video section, choose you graphical card where there is tv output
3) Use "acceleration hardware" if your computer can and to get video fade
4) And here we go

Mensajes Sun 08 May 05 @ 12:04 pm
i have plugged a scart lead to svideo into my laptop. But the tvout section in Virtual dj settings still says empty ?

Help :)

Mensajes Sun 08 May 05 @ 12:45 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try to connect and restart your PC in order to recognize your external monitor.

Mensajes Sun 08 May 05 @ 1:58 pm
nope tried re starting still not recognising any output.

im using a laptop with an svideo out. so i have hooked up a tv with a svideo - scart lead.
My laptop graphics card will let me choose outputs ie laptop or tv but it will only switch to one or the other. so when tv is selected i cant use my laptop ( laptop screen goes blank and output is to the tv )

Also output in the settings in virtual still shows empty ?

So is it my laptop ( graphics card )thats no good for the job. It is a recent laptop with updated drivers.

Its a shame because i use my laptop in a night club where there are banks of tvs. Mixing video would be add a something extra. If only i can get it working ?

maybe you need a desktop and video card. ???

Help ??

Mensajes Sun 08 May 05 @ 2:31 pm
It sounds like your laptop supports TV Out by S-Video as an alternative to the Laptops TFT or VGA port or as a Clone but not as a seperate desktop.

If it is supported, when you connect the laptop to your TV, make sure TV is turned on and is on the AV channel you require.
Restart the laptop, when you do this you will probably see all the BIOS and Windows screen on the Laptop and TV (if your TV-Out is enabled) when it starts Windows, go to display properties and settings.
If the Laptop supports DualView (2 Seperate Outputs) you should actually see 2 monitors appear on that settings page, if this is the case, there will be a check box "Extend my Windows desktop on to this monitor".
Select that, it may ask you to restart computer. Once you do this you should be set.

If you do not see the second monitor on the Settings panel of Display Properties, it doesnt look like your laptop supports it.

Ross.

Mensajes Sun 08 May 05 @ 3:18 pm
@Ross

look at your laptop manual again for the functionality of switching between displays. Most laptops allow 3 modes..... Internal only or External only or Both at once.

also check if there may be a driver update i.e. BIOS update that gives you that functionality.

Mensajes Sun 08 May 05 @ 3:21 pm
Well I though most people with laptops new about the function button and key to do that...didnt realise I'd missed that out.

Although, that is normally related to clone mode. Extended desktop is normally auto-detect.

Mensajes Wed 11 May 05 @ 1:48 am
I am having the same problem, was this ever solved and if so how?

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 6:08 pm
Funtunes, have you tried all of these suggestions? Does your laptop support dual outputs?

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 7:51 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)