Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Powerpoint Slideshows

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Great product. I would like to suggest an additional feature for the ability to do business presentations as well.

I'm the tech for business presentations for large groups where Virtual DJ works well for providing music and video to suppliment speakers and presenters. In addition to mixing music and videos it would be very useful be able to incorporate powerpoint presentations. I would love to be able to "mix" them in without the need to switch applications.

Currently the act of switching applications from Powerpoint to Virtual DJ to cue a video or additional music, the powerpoint slideshow stops. since the window is not active. I can work around this but it is quite an inconvenience (welcome to Microsoft).

If the capacity to present slideshows were available within Virtual DJ it would help a great deal. It may also open an additional market for Virtual DJ. I would certainly pass it on to my collegues.

Here are some links to a free viewer from Microsoft as well as some 3rd party products, in case anyone is interested:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyId=048dc840-14e1-467d-8dca-19d2a8fd7485&displayLang=en

There are also 3rd party viewers, many of which are free, such as:

http://www.sherline.com/slideshow.htm
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00153.htm

Any feedback would be welcome.

Regards,
Steve Chamberlain

Mensajes Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 3:52 pm
This doesnt address the "problem"
but many DJ's instead of using Microsoft Power Point use Video Editing Software to make the "slideshows"

many of the video editing software choices can do just about anything powerpoint can do,
and can actually do it better & Easier (in some cases)..
With the added bonus the finished product can be burned direct to DVD..

Instead of 'allowing' the customer to play their 'powerpoint presentaion' on your system (which can come with a lot of headaches).
How about offering to do the Slideshow for them! and then charge accordingly?

Mensajes Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 1:01 pm
I agree with Hippy...

Why not simply record the Poweroint playback as an AVI, there's already plenty of software out there that can do this - some even free.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 9:24 am
Most powerpoint presentations are like a slideshow, so what are you gonna do when the presenter says "next slide" when it's pre-recorded as an AVI file?

Mensajes Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 9:53 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
may have something of interest for you dizzy, give me a pm.

Mensajes Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 10:29 am
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
Most powerpoint presentations are like a slideshow, so what are you gonna do when the presenter says "next slide" when it's pre-recorded as an AVI file?

I see your point..
but for me it depends on the exact situation..

IE: Power point is made to show slides (primarily words, but pictures and movies and music can also be incorporated),
and timing of those slides need to be controlled by an outside source..

A picture slideshow is a different matter.. its usually timed to the music itself and the timing once created is not interrupted.

Powerpoint can make a picture slideshow, but not as well as video editing software..
and video software can make a 'power point' display but not as well as Powerpoint software..

IE: use the correct software for the function..

having said all that though..

VDJ isnt that far off from being able to completely replicate most of the functions of Powerpoint..
(I think) alls it would need is to be able to load individual pictures into the decks and be able to set how long a picture is displayed in 'Automix'

Mensajes Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 5:32 pm
@steve chamberlain

have had a word with our development team about this function and have added it into our plugin we have made for vdj. just hope the suggestions i gave are what you wanted.

but unfortunately you must have a licensed version of vdj to get it.

Mensajes Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 6:21 pm
tayla wrote :
@steve chamberlain

have had a word with our development team about this function and have added it into our plugin we have made for vdj. just hope the suggestions i gave are what you wanted.

Is this plug in available now?
sounds interesting!

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 11:30 am
tayla wrote :
@steve chamberlain

I put in a feature request for handling powerpoint presentations months ago, is there something now available as it would make life so much simpler for me.

Regards
James

Mensajes Sat 19 Dec 09 @ 9:50 pm
hippydog wrote :
tayla wrote :
@steve chamberlain

Is this plug in available now?
sounds interesting!

The WHOLE plugin is sweet, Text messaging (with the purchase of the Firetext Software), the Adrotator which may be what the powerpoint guys are lookin for, plus much much more!!!!!

Brian
Firetext International

Mensajes Sun 20 Dec 09 @ 6:12 am
tayla wrote :
@steve chamberlain

I just realized you guys are talking about Firetext..
When you say "our development team" that means the firetext software plug in FOR VDJ..

Mensajes Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 1:05 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
The WHOLE plugin is sweet, Text messaging (with the purchase of the Firetext Software), the Adrotator which may be what the powerpoint guys are lookin for, plus much much more!!!!!

Brian
Firetext International

What's the plugin called. Searched for "fire text" and "firetext" but no joy.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 1:14 pm
discobrian24 wrote :

Brian
Firetext International

GadgetMan wrote :

What's the plugin called. Searched for "fire text" and "firetext" but no joy.

Cheers,

Roy

Its external software you can purchase, and it seems they now have a plug in that works with VDJ..
http://www.firetext.tv/

Mensajes Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 1:23 pm
The plugin is not yet released yet guys, sorry, but when it is I'm sure you will be happy.

Paul
Firetext International.

Mensajes Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 1:31 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
raises hand to be notified as well....

Mensajes Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 2:13 pm

Mensajes Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 5:32 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)