Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: WHAT MIXER? HERCULES DJ CONSOLE OR BEHRINGER BCD2000?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,

Can anyone help me decide on what mixer to get to mix mp3's/wavs & use 2 vinyl decks??? I am seriously thinking of getting the new Behringer BCD2000 (Which isnt out yet!), or should i get the Hercules DJConsole? HELP!!

Thanks,

FlApJaCk

Mensajes Tue 10 May 05 @ 8:36 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
judging from what i have read hercules is kind of cheap, the BEHRINGER BCD2000 on the other hand has better mini-platters for scratching and a better overall set up, and its cheaper then the hercules

Mensajes Tue 10 May 05 @ 8:41 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Neither one of those is a mixer. Do you want a controller or a mixer?

Mensajes Tue 10 May 05 @ 8:54 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
How do you mean its's not a mixer? It IS! Have sliders, EQ, crossfader.... I think Behringer is better for the money, if you need to go more pro, go for XP10, no mixer on it, but the plate is much better!

Mensajes Wed 11 May 05 @ 4:45 am
It's not a mixer. For lack of a better phrase, it's a VDJ remote control. It does absolutely nothing to manipulate the properties of the sound (other than the workload of a normal soundcard) and is useless if not attached to a PC.

When you move the eq knob, it sends a signal to vdj to turn the corresponding software eq knob. Same for the crossfader and all the other buttons. It's about as much of a mixer as your keyboard.

The manufacturers are smart enough to lay them out like the mixers we are all familiar with, but there is a big difference between a controller and a mixer. Interchanging the terms will cause all kinds of confusion and troubles for people...especially for one like the original poster that has TCV's and more than likely does NOT want a hardware controller, but rather a conventional mixer.

I'm not knocking them. I own both the Hercules Console and a pair of XP10's, but if the original poster runs out and buys a Hercules Console assuming he's buying a real mixer to run his TCV setup, he'll be sorely disappointed.

Mensajes Wed 11 May 05 @ 10:43 am
looooool! ;)

I dont know what you have agianst XP10s or Hercules, but dude... its a good way to start djing for beginners, even small time djs... hey, xp10s can even be at pro settings! ;) It was used at Ministry of Sound gig w/ virtual dj ;)

And I work professionally, at club... with timecode cds (Pioneer 1000 decks) and external mixer.
I still bring my Hercules along, good to have the controller when I need it ..

But first of all, its a all-in-the-box tool for beginners... Great to start practicing djing
And even if you are good, I love having it at home, for home gigs, or radio broadcast etc :)

Anyways... happy mixing u all :) hehe

Mensajes Wed 11 May 05 @ 1:45 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
maybe it's the language barrier :) but I don't think bargler is saying anything bad about hercules or xp10 (in this post or the other hercules post).

here, he's just warning that they are are controllers and not mixers, and indeed flapjack will need a conventional mixer (with phono-in) if he wants to mix straight from his 2 vinyl decks as well.

Flapjack> note that the BEHRINGER BCD2000 does include a conventional mixer, so that seems like a good choice for you. However noone will know how it performs with VDJ until it's actually out...

Mensajes Wed 11 May 05 @ 2:27 pm
true ;)

Hercules will not work well with timecodes, for sure :)

Mensajes Wed 11 May 05 @ 2:38 pm
Behringer will be out in 20 of May.( At least in Musicstore in Koeln Germany). So you have just to wait and then choose between Hercules , BCD2000 or XP10

Mensajes Wed 11 May 05 @ 6:22 pm
I have nothing against the Herc or XP10's!! I own them both! (Ok, well, I do have a few things against the Hercules but that's another topic, LOL) Not sure where you got that idea from, Norway. I freaking love these XP10's as a matter of fact and they'd probably be the first thing I'd grab if I woke up to find my condo on fire. LOL (If my girlfriend asks, tell her I'd save the cat)

Hercules console and XP10 are cool by me...they just aren't mixers.
HDJC:mixer::keyboard:typewriter "HDJC is to a mixer as a keyboard is to a typewriter". See my point?

I'm just trying to clarify the vocabulary, not put down controllers.

Mensajes Wed 11 May 05 @ 7:47 pm
amen ;) hehe

Sure.. its a midi controller... But it will controll the mixer unit of VDJ, so its in a sence a midi mixer.

but its not hardware mixer unit like Pioneer of course :)

Mensajes Wed 11 May 05 @ 7:53 pm
Thanks for all your responses!!!! I think i will be buying the Behringer BCD2000 just because it is a MIXER as well as a mp3 controller ie i can play my 2 technics 1210's through it AS WELL AS manipulating mp3's/wav's from my laptop into the Behringer BCD2000......Thanks to all once again!!!

PS Wicked info @ DJBAMBI & PAMBOS78 -------> I DO INDEED NEED THE BEHRINGER AS IT HAS A CONVENTIONAL MIXER --------> PLUS THANX FOR LETTING ME KNOW WHEN IT IS RELEASED IN GERMANY SO I CAN HAVE A ROUGH IDEA WHEN IT IS OUT IN THE UK!!!!!!!! :-)

NUFF BIG UPS

FlApJaCk

Mensajes Wed 11 May 05 @ 8:10 pm

The BCD2000 is not a mixer. You can plug your decks into it for sure, but all it will do is take the analogue signal from the technics, amplify it and convert into a digital signal that can be manipulated with whatever software you're using.

Mensajes Mon 23 May 05 @ 3:13 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you mean use of the B-DJ software is required to mix two analog sources? then Behringer's description of its product (http://www.behringer.com/BCD2000/index.cfm?lang=ENG) is quite misleading, bordering on false advertising...

"this is an integrated, full-fledged audio mixer with a premium quality mic preamp, 3-band kill EQ per channel, ultra-precise faders, super-smooth crossfader and talkover function. The BCD2000 is packed with 2 state-of-the-art phono preamplifiers, one of which is switchable to a CD player. Its sophisticated headphone section includes PFL Mix, Split options and direct listening to master output mix."

thanks for the warning though, I guess anyone interested should really double-check this point before ordering a unit.

Nicolas

Mensajes Mon 23 May 05 @ 7:39 am
Yeah it is misleading for sure.........i thought i would be able to play my 2 technics 1210's using the BCD2000 *AND* be able to play/manipulate mp3's/wavs from my laptop using the BCD2000 as well (ie as a normal/conventional mixer).....Are you sure this is the case that i will only be able to play my 1210's using the B-DJ software and not actually play my 1210's "Hands On"? If so i need to cancel my order and buy the hercules console. I won't even be able to link up the BCD2000 to an external conventional mixer will i? But with the hercules console i can as it has more outputs/inputs??? am i right????? or wrong???????

Big Ups

Flapjack

Mensajes Mon 23 May 05 @ 2:26 pm
****UPDATE****

I sent an email to the Behringer Support Team and asked them this:

"Could you please inform me if the BCD2000 has USB 2.0 & ASIO built in? Also, can i use my two vinyl decks (technics 1210's) with the BCD2000 as well as being able to play MP3's/WAV's from my laptop computer? Any help is appreciated!"

This is the response i got:

"as far as I know ( the unit is not here yet) it will support ASIO, and it´s working w. USB 2.0.
Yes, you can connect two turntables with the BCD2000 as well as you can work with your MP3/Wav´s.

We hope that we have been able to help you with this information.

Best regards,

Your BEHRINGER Customer Support Team"

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!! I CAN PLAY MY 1210 DECKS WITH THE BCD2000 JUST LIKE A NORMAL MIXER PLUS PLAY/MANIPULATE MP3'S/WAV'S AS WELL!!!!

YIPEEEEEEEEEE

Flapjack

Mensajes Mon 23 May 05 @ 2:53 pm
I dont like the "As far as i know.." part!!!

Mensajes Mon 23 May 05 @ 3:30 pm

I'm still don't believe Behringer. Why would they have A/D convertors on the preamps if they weren't needed.

Mensajes Mon 23 May 05 @ 3:52 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)