Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Incompatibility for WMV files ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm trying to get that VDJ 3.0 video feature running on my system.

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (2GHz), 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 video card.

Downloaded some WMV files from www.internetdj.com. When trying to playback one of them i see the video (i configured VDJ to TV output: Window), but when trying to even slightly move the crossfader for instance the program freezes and stays unresponsive for about 20seconds until it reacts to the change. Some other videos i found on Soma Recordings website which are encoded as AVI run fine though. Is there a incompatibility for WMV files? Maybe a free program to convert them? Or any other solution?

Mensajes Mon 23 May 05 @ 10:06 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I seem to have the same problem with wmv. Anyway, i encode all my wmv into mpg with TMPGenc.

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 12:03 am
Which is quite a pity... reencoding surely wont improve video quality of the files. As i read somewhere else in the forum WMV should be supported by VDJ 3.0 ?

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 6:29 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
WMV is supported in VirtualDJ 3, but some WMV are license-protected.
If you play such WMV in Windows Media Player, wmp will automatically connect to the internet to validate the license (most of the time this is done automatically and you won't even notice).
If you play the same file in VirtualDJ, VirtualDJ will do the same... except if you have a firewall and have disabled internet access for VirtualDJ. In such case, VirtualDJ will remained stucked in waiting for the Internet license.

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 8:37 am
I really dont think this is true. I converted the WMV to AVI and DiVX. Also tried re-encoding to WMV, but no matter what i do this video freezes VDJ. I can hardly imagine that a license-protected file would let itself be converted or can take its protection with it in a new codec. DiVX is surely a free codec and that video encoded as such also crashes VDJ. Must be something else.

Check for yourself:

http://www.internetdj.com/media/arminvanbuuren/24_Longest_day_video_hi.wmv

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 5:05 pm
Next thing i tried was converting the mentioned file from DiVX to MPEG1. This is played without any problem! Any ideas why this is so ?

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 5:50 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
DivX is very demanding and, though copyright-free, could have been causing similar problems due to its almost insatiable hunger for system resources.

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 7:15 pm
LOL

I dont know what system setup you have, but i downloaded another AVI movie which played perfectly in VDJ (see first post in this thread). There must be something else with this file. Maybe frame rate.. dunno really.

BTW.. when i playback an AVI on my computer it just uses a few % of the total CPU power.

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 7:26 pm
DjCStaHome userMember since 2005
My comp has no prob playing AMV movies ethier.

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 9:47 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)