Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Streaming with VDJ 3.0 ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I managed to setup streaming in VDJ. Couldnt find any good help in the forums, so i write what i have done to get it working in case someone might have the same problems as me!

In 'Settings'>'Network' set the Address to your internal network ip from which you are sending (192.168.0.100, in my case cuz i'm behind a router, if you are not there should only be your global ip in there i suppose). Set the port to 8000. In your router config forward the port 8000.

Then go to the 'Recording' panel in VDJ and choose 'Broadcast'. In the config i have chosen 'Record from': Hercules DJ Console - Line In (this is because i'm using an external mixer and have the 2nd line-out connected to the line-in of my HDJC).
As format i chose 'shoutcast' MP3. I still experiment with the bitrate. Since i have around 24k
upload, theoratically it should be possible to stream 192k max to one person only.
Next i selected 'Broadcast from my own computer' with 4 users max in my case. Then only click on 'Start Recording' and start playing a track in VDJ.
You can see the ip your friends can paste in their winamp right below the start recording button. Of course if you use a router and have an internal network ip dont forget to give your friends who want to listen to you the right global ip. Easiest might be to get a dyndns account. Better to handle than an ip number imo.

What i havent figured out is what the 'synchronisation' feature in the network tab of VDJ is for ? Anyone knows maybe ?

Mensajes Thu 26 May 05 @ 7:18 pm
network synchronization is for syncing two or more instances of virtualdj ont he same or other computers.

When u use beatlock - the song will beatlock to the MASTER CLOCK so all interested instances of virtual DJ share the same MASTER CLOCK for the beatlock.

This is how it seems to me...

Mensajes Thu 26 May 05 @ 7:25 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks, guess i wont need that feature!

Mensajes Thu 26 May 05 @ 8:30 pm
hi where can i get an domain and is it free?

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 4:04 pm
i doesn't works i want to play on the net
i've tried everyting but it doesn't work.
and he doesn't want to connect but i don't have an domain

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 4:05 pm
lopez453....I now have a question. When you say " When u use beatlock - the song will beatlock to the MASTER CLOCK so all interested instances of virtual DJ share the same MASTER CLOCK for the beatlock. " Does this mean if I have 3 VDJ up and running all of them can sync the songs to any of the other intances of VDJ that is up and running provided beatlock is on?

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 4:18 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)