Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: BPM / Pitch Usage

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Good day all; I'm a newbie within the DJ software scene. I purchased the basic package to see how far I'd like to pursue digital software Djing. My question is how do I increase or decrease the pitch and have the bpm change on the deck? There are two pitch arrows however, when I press either one, the pitch changes but temporarily AND the BPM does not reflect any changes. I use a mouse for everything so at times I need to just tap higher or lower for an exact beatmatch instead of dragging the pitch adjuster slightly which can be tricky.

Mensajes Sun 16 May 10 @ 9:58 pm
pleaznHome userMember since 2010
on the side of the deck there should be a bar with a arrow in the middle of it, drag it up and down for + and minus, or number pad - and + is for active selected deck, pressing the sync button will match the bpm of the deck you press it on to the other deck, and if you double click it or right click it will match the beats to the closest beat (not always accurate best to do by ear.)

Mensajes Mon 17 May 10 @ 1:28 am
the pitch - and + buttons on the bottom of the deck are just so you can shift the beats forward or back till they match. also make sure you right click KEYLOCK so its NOT blue or it will sound horrid!

Mensajes Mon 17 May 10 @ 1:29 am
wait i just re read what you posted, if you mean what i think you mean, at the top in the center near the cue and master volume things, theres a button that says BPM right click on it

Mensajes Mon 17 May 10 @ 2:40 am
also if u click and hold the pitch button - or + it bends the pitch not just temporarily, so when u get that beat to match up thats being bent when you let it go it will be back to the original tempo and assuming its the same tempo as the other deck it will be matched.

sorry for posting so many times but your question is kind of broad and i kept interpreting differently everytime i read it.

Mensajes Mon 17 May 10 @ 2:42 am
No need to apologize pleazn, your help is much appreciated particularly when you're the only person who is making the effort to respond. What i don't want to do is drag the lever + or minus........ instead I prefer to just tap + or minus in order to get the precise beatmatch. Now, i understand that by pressing the "pitch" arrow + or -, the tempo will change accordingly, however, the tempo goes back to it's original bpm after several seconds. How do I make the tempo stay at my desire tempo? Shouldn't the bpm (number) on top of the deck change higher when I press the + pitch button located on the bottom of the deck? Also, pressing + or - on the number pad doesn't do anything...do I need to program this in mappers? Thanks once again pleazn.

Mensajes Mon 17 May 10 @ 9:33 pm
you mean change what functuion the button in the GUI has?

i think youd have to edit the source of the program for that cuz im pretty sure its not customizable :s

Mensajes Wed 19 May 10 @ 1:25 am
on normal decks those pitch buttons are only temporary speed ups bcuz with vinyls u cant just put ur finger on the vinyl and try line it up lol

the software tries to mimic decks and mixers etc exactly, and on a real vinyl deck that just bends the pitch not makes it perm, u do that with the toggle dragging up and down, and also, if you plan to actually dj physically on real equipment, you will have to learn to use the toggle drag thingy, or you have no chance

Mensajes Wed 19 May 10 @ 1:29 am
Makes sense.....thks much for your response.

Mensajes Sat 22 May 10 @ 9:42 am
There are already shortcuts for the keyboard for pitch adjustments that are not temporary.

"NUM-" action="pitch -0.05"
"NUM+" action="pitch +0.05"
"SHIFT+NUM-" action="pitch -0.01"
"SHIFT+NUM+" action="pitch +0.01"
"CTRL+NUM-" action="pitch -0.2"
"CTRL+NUM+" action="pitch +0.2"
"NUM*" action="pitch 100%"
"CTRL+NUM*" action="pitch_reset"

One caveat, however - these probably won't work on a laptop unless you activate NUMLOCK and use the keys designated as your number pad keys. You can always change the shortcuts to other keys by editing them in your "keyboard shortcuts" tab in config.

I hope this helps ;)

Mensajes Sun 23 May 10 @ 9:44 pm
I have a question about pitch. Is there a way in Virtual DJ Pro that I can alter my pitch or adjust it? or is there a plugin I can get to do this? Or even FL Stuido someone help !!

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 12:53 pm
yasokiHome userMember since 2010
bonsoir j'arrive pas a trouver le numéro de série de logiciel virtualdj.....merci

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 7:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)