Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: first night "out" with vdj

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Played out with vdj for the first time last night using my home computer which I'd beefed up with 2 gig of ram and a 6800gt video card but which in every other way is just my office computer with a very cluttered windows installation. I used a dac 2 controller and a soundblaster sound card configured to run 2 separate stereo outputs, one each for the left and right virtual decks. Ran the secondary video output into the club system and used the main monitor for vdj in the booth. I was playing mpeg files which I'd ripped at dvd quality and then converted to a hybrid "vcd" spec which you would have been hard pressed to tell apart from a dvd once it was blown up on the club screens. The audio was also non vcd standard and nigh on cd quality.

Didn't practice using the system, just straight in at the deep end on one of the biggest friday nights of the year, 1300 people plus.

Extremely well pleased. did video only for the first hour or so and it was pretty seamless, especially with commercial r & b, Beyonce, J Lo etc. Only crashed it once and to be fair I was taking liberties running a wav file in from an external usb hard drive. And even then it crashed "on", froze and carried on playing the tune giving me plenty of chance to cue up a cd. for the rest of the night moved back and forth from vdj to cd as and when appropriate. I need to pick the brains of some of the "audio only" guys before I move on to using vdj for the whole set, but that's a deficiency in me, not the program. Does it handle mp3's better than wavs I wonder, or was it simply that usb2 link ?

I live in a holiday resort so people from all over britain were in the club and at least 4 dj's came up and asked me what program I was using to play the videos.

For me, this really is the way forward for video in clubs and I'm now going to have a system custom built. Then my home system can forgot it's moment in the spotlight and go back to more mundane tasks. I've told a friend who bought couple of the pioneer dvd players to put them on ebay while he can.

john

Mensajes Sat 28 May 05 @ 2:22 pm
nice to hear ;)

Will try video at my club pretty soon :)

Mensajes Sat 28 May 05 @ 2:36 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I will try video at club today. We are having house party and i am one of 4 djs (me as intro dj).
Will report tomorrow.

Dj Nikki

Mensajes Sat 28 May 05 @ 3:56 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't think VDJ handles mp3s better than wav. If I'm not mistaken, VDJ actual decodes the mp3's *into* waves before audio processing.

USB could be the problem, but hard to say without your system specs. Post your specs, symptoms, any troubleshooting you've done, and I'm sure the community's knowledge can get you straightened out. I have the audio portion of VDJ running virtually flawlessly on an old 1.2ghz Athlon and SDRAM, so I'm sure we can get you squared away.

Bargler

Mensajes Sat 28 May 05 @ 9:03 pm
Hi Bargler

I agree about the usb, I've read elsewhere that firewire is far more efficient on system resources so I'll try that first I reckon and then get back if there's still I problem. Given that the system never had any problems manipulating video at very high quality I'm sure that the audio is very easily soluble.

Thanks for the offer of help.

john :-)

Mensajes Sun 29 May 05 @ 12:31 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
John,
That is terrific!
Right into the deep end.......I can relate to that

Mensajes Mon 30 May 05 @ 11:33 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)