Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: DJ Equipment questions

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi everyone!

Hopefully I'm in the right forum here, but I had a simple question about DJ equipment.

I just began mixing with VirtualDJ out of my laptop to a point where I'm very comfortable. I've been considering if I should buy other equipment to take this a step further. I can see how a mixer would make my life easier, but am not sure if other hardware would be necessary, such as turntables; I can't imagine if I would need them, since all my music is digital. Also, what's are the differences between Vinyl and CD/Digital turntables? Are there any particular brands or setups recommended for beginners?

In the meantime, I'm working with a set of headphones and external sound card. As for music, I'm mainly sticking to hip hop and electronica.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Mensajes Tue 06 Jul 10 @ 4:28 am
i would suggest getting a vci-100. i have the hercules rmx midi controller. i was just like you before i bought it, worked off of the laptop till i became comfortable enough with the program then went out and bought it.. i say the vci-100 because if you're doing a lot of hip hop you can scratch with it and since you already have an external soundcard (which the vci-100 needs with it) you're killing 2 birds with one stone. but this is only if you want to get into the digital side of things rather than vinyl. i don't know very little, if anything about vinyl. i am looking into upgrading to the NS7 once i have the money though. the NS7 has the feel of vinyl but it's all digital. it's kind of like having the digital world and vinyl world clash in an awesome way. that's just something else you could look into too.

Mensajes Tue 06 Jul 10 @ 6:40 pm
Looks like it can be very useful. Did some research though, and apparently, it's not fully compatible with VDJ. I'm currently using home edition, but will upgrade to pro if both are compatible. ANy word on that?

Mensajes Wed 07 Jul 10 @ 3:58 am
http://www.vms4dj.com/

This might interest you. Should be released in a few weeks; VDJ supported, 4 channel mixer using midi or analog, touch sensitive jog wheels, very flexible and solid piece of gear for a reasonable price.

I'll be taking a long hard look at the VMS4 when it's finally released.

Mensajes Wed 07 Jul 10 @ 9:23 am
djfteePRO InfinityMember since 2007
Just to let all know; I ran VDJ 6.0.2 on Mac Tiger 10.4.11 (which they say shouldnt be possible) using the Hercules DeeJay trim usb hub soundcard. DeeJay trim blows away the rca/usb control box that comes with the program. Now as far as controllers go, I've used Technics1200 turntables w/Numark stylus and Denon DN_S5000 CD decks. When looking at the 'timecode configuration' screen, the cd signal was more stable & easier to adjust to 100%. CD decks were still slightly off when backspinin' but good response and watching on screen cue points can make up for this. Vinyl was fairly stable (make good ground conn & test rca outs of table for noise) but backspins suffer. Still testing tho ;-)

Mensajes Fri 06 Aug 10 @ 5:31 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)