Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: controlling effects

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I had this question before on here, but it was never really answered. I have a hercules RMX and would love to be able to control effects on it. The coding for it boggles my mind though. I took 4 years of computer programming in high school so i understand how structures work. I'm looking at trying to be able to use my pitch faders to control effects once i turn the effect on. Could anybody point me in the right direction or help me out with this? Possibly even use the jogwheels instead of the pitchfaders as well. This would be so helpful to me if i could get some input from you guys on how to do this.

Mensajes Wed 14 Jul 10 @ 2:19 pm
Here try this:

"deck 1 effect slider 1", "deck 1 effect slider 2" and "deck 2 effect slider 1", "deck 2 effect slider 2"
Those will give you control for 2 sliders on each deck. You can add more if you want.

Hope that helps
Huey

Mensajes Wed 14 Jul 10 @ 7:34 pm
blah... like i said i dont understand this code.... hate to sound like a moocher.. but is there anyway possible you could maybeeeeee write it for me? haha.. i hate having to ask people to do stuff that i don't know what i'm doing, i feel bad.

Mensajes Wed 14 Jul 10 @ 8:58 pm
That is how you write it, Lol...........OK, this what you do, go into "Config" or "Setup" and click on the "Mappers" tab. Next you should see a "Green" "+" symbol, click on it and then push or turn whatever slider you want mapped. Since its already mapped, the script should show up in the "Action" section. DELETE that (write it down in case you ever want to go back to whatever it is) and type in "deck 1 effect slider 1" and hit enter then try it. Repeat for the other slider. Thats all there is to it.

Heres a link for all the "Verbs" that you can use, http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html. If you have any more troubles post in the hardware section. Maybe a Teamer can put this there after you respond so we know youve read this.

Good Luck
Huey

Mensajes Wed 14 Jul 10 @ 9:12 pm
huey.... you are the fucking MAN! haha works perfectly.. now, gonna try to get the second pitch fader to control the 2nd parameter.. should be able to do it now seeing how this is working.

Mensajes Thu 15 Jul 10 @ 2:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)