Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Disco Mix done with VDJ!!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

This may be a stretch for many of you here but this is what I started mixing back in '83 when I officially began this damned DJ thang...

Besides my mobile thing I now have a residency in a highly popular club in L.A. catering to the 30's, 40's & 50's crowd... Retro baby!!

Listen & comment or STFU.... lol

http://soundcloud.com/dj-rude/dj-rudes-summer-disco-mix-2010-vol-1

1. You're My Magician - Lime
2. Spin It - Sunbelt
3. Over & Over - Disco Circus
4. Playing With Love - Chapter One
5. Love Spy - Mike Mareen
6. You Spin Me 'Round (Like a Record) - Dead or Alive
7. Sweet Fantasy - Lisa Smith
8. Push, Push In The Bush - Musique
9. Keep On Jumpin' - Musique
10. Samba - Johnny Chinqas
11. Standing In The Shadows Of Love - Fever
12. #1 Lover - J.D. Hall
13. I Love Men - Cinema
14. Crazy Over You - Desire (Ft. Rae Flores)
15. Midnight Lover - People Like Us
16. My Forbidden Lover - Tapps
17. Mandolay - La Flavour
18. Wake Up - Stop
19. Love & Devotion - Michael Bow
20. Have A Cigar - Rosebud

Mensajes Sat 31 Jul 10 @ 5:29 am
Maybe because we were on different continents at that time I only recognise 2 of the artists; Dead or Alive and Musique.

These days the world has become a lot smaller with the internet, ease of travel, etc., current music is probably more universally known.

Mensajes Sat 31 Jul 10 @ 6:17 am
djrxmxPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Done with VDJ as well. This was at a disco reunion party with 30 40 50 something crowd:

PART 1 (11:00pm)

Harmony..........................................................................Suzy Lane
Give Me A Break..................................................................Vivian Vee
High Energy......................................................................Evelyn Thomas
Space Invaders B Viteritti Remix.................................................Playback
Twilight Zone....................................................................Manhattan Transfer
Just Be Yourself.................................................................Nightlife Unlimited
Take A Chance On Me Instrumental.................................................Waterfront Home
Egypt Egypt......................................................................The Egyptian Lover
Searchin.........................................................................Hazell Dean
Be With You......................................................................Sylvester
Ain't Nothin' Gonna Keep Me From You.............................................Teri Desario
I'm OK You're Ok.................................................................American Gypsy
Underwater.......................................................................Harry Thumann
PYT Hot Tracks Remix.............................................................Michael Jackson
Billie Jean......................................................................Michael Jackson
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough...................................................Michael Jackson

PART 2 (12:00am)

You Make Me Feel Mighty Real B Viteritti Remix...................................Sylvester
I Feel Love......................................................................Donna Summer
Sunset People....................................................................Donna Summer
Hills Of Katmandu................................................................Tantra
Let Me Take You Dancin B Viteritti Remix.........................................Bryan Adams
Don't Let Go.....................................................................Isaac Hayes
Rocket To Your Heart.............................................................Lisa
It's Raining Men.................................................................The Weather Girls
Coming Out Of Hiding.............................................................Pamela Stanley
I Don't Want To Talk About It....................................................Pamela Stanley
Taste So Good....................................................................File 13
The Beach........................................................................New Order
Lay All Your Love On Me Disconet Remix...........................................Abba
Your Love........................................................................Lime
Don't Stop.......................................................................Sylvester
Red Light Lover..................................................................Gwen Jonae

PART 3 (1:00am)

The End..........................................................................Change
Magnifique.......................................................................Magnifique
Searching........................................................................Change
I'm Ready........................................................................Kano
One Chain........................................................................Santana
On The Beat......................................................................BB n Q Band
I Wanna Be Your Lover............................................................Prince
Rock With You....................................................................Michael Jackson
Victim...........................................................................Candi Staton
Main Titles......................................................................Vangelis

Mensajes Sat 31 Jul 10 @ 8:46 am
Nice mix RudeDogg! You really know your Euro Disco (if that is the correct name for a lot of the music in that mix). It's like music to sniff coke by, the only song missing is "Rush Rush Get The Yayo" by Debbie Harry with Tony Montana dancing at the Babylon Club ;) Seriously though, what I like is it's not your typical "Saturday Night Fever" disco and there were some real gems in there. Good work!

Here's part one and two of a mix I did recently. This mix is typical of some of the stuff I spin on Thursday nights, let me know what you think...

http://blog.starproductions.com/?p=557

Mensajes Sat 31 Jul 10 @ 9:32 am
interesting trax

a bunch of hard to find also

i can't find the cinema and a few of the others

Mensajes Sat 31 Jul 10 @ 11:10 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Nicely done Paul.

Mensajes Sat 31 Jul 10 @ 11:22 am
Thanks guys! This was what I used to spin back in the mid 80's. Most of the tracks on there are 80's Disco rather than the original 70's stuff. Some refer to it as 'HiNRG' or 'Italo Disco' but I just called it 80's Disco... This scene was huge here in Los Angeles from about '82 to '89' when it gave way to 'Freestyle' in about '85/'86.

Now many of us that were leading the way in that scene back then are all older now but we're doing Retro Disco Nights and it's really packing the venues. Tonight we are expecting over 1000 people. Last week we had Pascal Languirand of Trans X who did the song "Living on Video". Tonight we have Tyrants in Therapy & La Sonora Dinamita, next week? From Motown, The Temptations! Not Disco but who doesn't like their music?

DJ RuDe

Mensajes Sat 31 Jul 10 @ 2:08 pm
Hey Rude,

How is going with that retro 80's disco theme. I'm starting to see a calling for it here lately on the east coast. I know the biggest years were 80-85. Are you using video as well as audio tracks? Some of the posting in this discussion goes way back, i wanted to see if anyone has added anything to it. I'm an old dog from the 70's club scene which was pretty much the same just more electronic in the 80's. The live acts during the late 70's were awesome. Tramps, Estacy Passion and Pain. Harold Mevin and Blue Notes which Teddy Pendergrass became a star.
Change another fame R&B singer Luther Vandross came out of. Kool and The Gang those dudes use to battle for instruments back in the day. Crown Heights Affair another NY band that didn't get much publicly. Damn i know i'm old. Good Luck with the Retro thing.

Bowling Dj

Mensajes Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 2:47 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)