Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Security

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

after reading a post regarding the security feature of vdj i was woundering if you could add a mode so that it would show only if i tried to clone to an active deck. reason being i normally check the tracks when im loading tracks and mixing but i occasionaly clone decks the wrong way with a hot key if im trying to double up quickly

Mensajes Fri 01 Oct 10 @ 5:11 am
Not quite sure what your trying to say here?

maybe an example?

Mensajes Fri 01 Oct 10 @ 6:27 am
When you clone a deck to another VDJ won't ask you if you wanna stop the deck you're loading the clone if it's already playing. My guess is that he wants VDJ to ask you if you wanna stop the currently playing track.

Mensajes Fri 01 Oct 10 @ 7:38 am
yep spot on.

Mensajes Fri 01 Oct 10 @ 1:03 pm
Maybe you could go in to the XML and make the clone deck button a double click instead of a single click. That way its not an instantaneous thing if that makes sense, lol!!

Just a thought
Huey

Mensajes Fri 01 Oct 10 @ 1:34 pm
currently im using Shift + left arrow to copy onto left deck and shift + right arrow to copy to right deck

Mensajes Sat 02 Oct 10 @ 1:33 pm
mix_96PRO InfinityMember since 2006
PhantomDeejay wrote :
When you clone a deck to another VDJ won't ask you if you wanna stop the deck you're loading the clone if it's already playing. My guess is that he wants VDJ to ask you if you wanna stop the currently playing track.

Hi, i have the exact same need !

how to prevent cloning a deck on the active one or at least "ask" before..
i found some mention about playing effect on "Active" deck in forum but nothing on prevent using the active deck...

for now i'v found two way of cloning:

1. <map value="button1" action="clone_deck" />
Works ok but when using 4 decks, i have a bug where cloning from deck 4, it clones to deck 2 (stay on left deck)

2. <map value="button2" action="action_deck 1 ? deck left clone_deck right : action_deck 3 ? deck left clone_deck right : action_deck 2 ? deck right clone_deck left: action_deck 4 ? deck right clone_deck left" />

I prefer this one cause it clone from left to right or right to left BUT if i'm not carefull, it can replace the active deck...

so any expert in the house ? :-)

Thanks !

Mensajes Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 2:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It would help if you could tell us which skin you are using and what hardware so you use to control the 4 decks.

Mensajes Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 3:37 pm
Of course, Thanks,

ok i use Hercules RMX and the skin is the "Virtual DJ (4 Decks) (1440x900)"

i already mapped the "source" button to switch from DECK 1 to deck 3 on the left side and from 2 to 4 on the right side.

Thanks a lot !

Mensajes Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 6:18 pm
Before i post a code, i need some more things to be clear...

The 4 Deck Skin has 2 ways of selecting decks. One way to select decks according the deck number. And second way .. according to which deck is left or right.

So, do you need a clone code relative to which deck is left and right, or do you need a code to clone the selected deck (1..4) to some other (like right or left).
And this has also to do with your SWAP deck action of course.

Mensajes Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 6:30 pm
Hi,

i prefer to choose the deck.

there you have the code i use actually

<map value="SOURCE" action="action_deck 1 ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck : on &amp; deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck : on &amp; deck 2 rightdeck" />

<map value="button2" action="action_deck 1 ? deck left clone_deck right : action_deck 3 ? deck left clone_deck right : action_deck 2 ? deck right clone_deck left: action_deck 4 ? deck right clone_deck left" />

Thanks

Mensajes Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 6:47 pm
Well it's quite tricky...First of all ..Selection of the deck...In the skin when you select a deck by it's number it also makes it leftdeck or rightdeck according to which side it is. If you select the deck using your controller you also must have same action..like deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select , which you must add to your switch code above ...like this ..

action_deck 1 ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 2 select  : deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select : deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select

You must focus on the left-right logic because this is the way the skin works. My personal opinion left and right indicators should be larger..anyway...

Try this ...
device_side left ? deck left clone_deck right : deck right clone_deck left

Mensajes Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 6:57 pm
Well i was going to add that if you look at my code you can see that i want to clone deck from Deck 1 to deck 2 or 1 to 4 and from 2 to 1 or 4 to 3 so it's always from one side to another..

So if i understand, it's seems to have no way to prevent an action based on the active deck..

Well thanks anyway and i will try your code right away...

regards !

Mensajes Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 7:06 pm
Your code works good and is cleaner than mine ;-)

thanks for taking the time to help me.

Mensajes Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 7:23 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)