Forum: PC Version Technical Support - Topic: VDJ and icecast (server answered: ")

Use this forum if you have any question, bug, or technical difficulty with VirtualDJ on Windows.
Before posting, please read the FAQ.
(if you find bugs with the new VirtualDJ 8, please use the specific VirtualDJ 8 Bug Report forum).
Foros de VirtualDJ
PC Version Technical...
VDJ and icecast...

Autor - Tema: VDJ and icecast (server answered: ") -

dazoe
Home user
Member since 2010

Mensajes Sat 02 Oct 10 @ 1:58 pm
Ok, i figured it out, and there are many threads on this and i don't want to track down every one so i created a new thread...
to make icecast work it needs a mount point.
there seems to be a bug in VDJ that takes out the / that is needed for the http source header.
to make it work the address has to have two slashes IE: example.com//mount.ogg

hope this helps a few people.

-dazoe

indysoul
PRO Infinity
Member since 2009

Mensajes Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 9:37 pm
Hi Dazoe,

I had the same problem however 2 slashes didn't work for me so I put only one as follows: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx/live.ogg. It worked and I did not get the error message. Now I have no way to test this until I do my gig this sunday, I'm just wondering whether it will work!

When clicking start it indicated broadcasting on the IP address with the /live.ogg and the time clock was running! Wonder if anyone can confirm this is right?

georgi.marsh
PRO Infinity
Member since 2009

Mensajes Fri 04 Mar 11 @ 10:45 am
Hi Guys,

I'm really really stuck. I'm using vdj pro 7 and i need to broadcast to an icecast stream. I'm adding /live at the end of ip and I am able to connect to the icecast stream.
I cut into the auto stream but the music wont play in the stream.
Please please help if you can! Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Georgi

remidv
LE user
Member since 2010

Mensajes Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 12:09 pm
I had this problem too.
the thing you should do is tick the good cast
from above on your config window.

I hope it works and sorry for my bad english;)

hcbj1
Home user
Member since 2011

Mensajes Thu 21 Feb 13 @ 10:36 pm
i don not get what u mean sorry can anyone say it better but thanks for trying