Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: can we demo the full V7 with midi, Timecode & rewire.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mike912Home userMember since 2010
I want to write/film a walkthrough for DJ techtools on the new version 7 with rewire but the V7 home free is not capable of this.

is there a demo for the full featured version that is available.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 10:54 pm
No, I don't think so but it's cheap enough though, why not just buy it?

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 5:18 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
With home-free version you can use all the advanced features of the pro (including rewire) but they are limited to work for 10 minutes per session.
So if you restart the program you have another 10 min and so on. Basic features are unlocked though.
I don't know if this is ok for you, but i think it is enough time for a test.

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 6:35 am
@ Charlie Wilson

With all due respect, maybe VDJ doesn't fit our taste. So 325 is a bit far-fetched, when other programs like serato and traktor or only 200 dollars more. (In my city)

@apopsis

Its true. However, a turntablist like me needs to know how the program performs with timecode support, so that we can really test the performance without having doubts.

Just my opinion.

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 6:40 am
DaRealDeal, if you wanna know vdj 7 better and have more time with the features it provides, you will have to buy it. VDJ Home is more for mouse and keyboard and testing, rather than djing

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 11:18 am
DaRealDeal wrote :
@ Charlie Wilson
Its true. However, a turntablist like me needs to know how the program performs with timecode support, so that we can really test the performance without having doubts.

To my knowledge, other programs dont offer full editon trials. So how would you know if those programs proform with timecode support? Just my thoughts.

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 12:28 pm
@ DJ Ton-E 915

The only 3 DJ software on my mind right now is Traktor Pro, Serato ScratchLive, and Virtual DJ. I already know the timecode capabilities of Traktor and Serato and their abilities to replicate real vinyl. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Virtual DJ doesn't have a lot of street rep when it comes to timecode support. That is why I am wondering how I can trial test the timecode support before I purchase it.

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 2:07 pm

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 2:09 pm
I see.. Thank you very much!

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 2:18 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 6:31 pm
mike912Home userMember since 2010
I was a little confused, mostly I wanted VDJ under rewire slave, not master, I was launching Live first and then VDJ, I now understand that VDJ is rewire master capable only.

please reverse this and give rewire slave capabilities as this will allow ableton keep all of its vst capabilities.

Mensajes Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 2:28 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
As a fellow djtt member i´d like to point out that with 3rd party software its possible to get vdj´s sound back into ableton (smartmixing) . But this is not synced with the midiclock. But with another 3rd party plugin for ableton the incoming sound can be bpm analysed in real time

Mensajes Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 6:17 pm
VirtualDJ also has VST capabilities :-)

Mensajes Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 6:30 pm
Advokut wrote :
As a fellow djtt member i´d like to point out that with 3rd party software its possible to get vdj´s sound back into ableton (smartmixing) . But this is not synced with the midiclock. But with another 3rd party plugin for ableton the incoming sound can be bpm analysed in real time

Can you give more info on this please? ALso does your solution work with macs?

cheers

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 3:00 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi, of course i can. This setup is a little bit rough around the edges and i had to try a lot of things to get it to work, but once its done its really cool.

This is called Smartmixing with Ableton, something BentoSan from DJTechtools invented for Traktor and Live 8. It does work on Mac also, but you need a few different programs. I am not sure which programs are needed for mac, i will check back for this. But its totally possible and does only involve freeware.

Teknikalcrysis posted a tutorial here once, it can be found here

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/123761/General_Discussion/Using_Ableton_WITH_VDJ.html?page=1

please make sure to read all 3 pages, most issues are covered there by SBDJ and fellow forum members, like using JACK rather than Virtual Audio Cable, which isnt freeware. In case the mixer.als isnt provided anymore i can pm it to you.

Basically you grab the audio before its out of the soundcard, send it into ableton, and then send it back into your soundcard and out into the world...

Here´s a practical example of it done by me

Here´s the funny part, now that VDJ is Rewire capable i think its possible to get really creative in scratching terms, layering different scratch´s over eachother... scratching a beat for 8 counts, it gets recorded in Live, loops itself, scratch a melody on top, it all loops itself and so on...

But anyways, i hope i´ve been a help, peace

edit, i forgot to say, you need a plugin for ableton that analyzes the incoming BPM

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 5:39 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)