Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Video Mixing- Are We There Yet?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

sla200xPRO InfinityMember since 2005
When I purchased Virtual DJ two weeks ago today (Hey happy anniversary to me!), I did so because I found it to be a great DJing application. I still hold that view. When I realized it also did video mixes, I gave it a try and it worked for a little bit and them it would humble my pretty decent PC. When it works, it gets me excited. When it did not, man, I got so frustrated that I would tell it a curse word or two in my native Jamaican tongue. I searched the various posts for video mixing, and save for a few people, not many seem get it to work to consistently. When I say “work”, I mean having the video consistently play smoothly and you not losing control of the VDJ application while the CPU plays catch-up. Just to be clear, VDJ has never crashed my system once; even while the video playback issues. It it still very stable. Back to my point. It also appears that almost all the solutions and tricks, on to how to get the video to work well, varies. For an audio-only DJ wanting to take the next step to video, I’m not too sure VDJ video mixing it 100% there yet.

I have some vinyl DJ friends of mine coming to my house in the few weeks to try out this software I have been telling them about. Some are actual excited to see video mixing. While I think the audio mixing capabilities of VDJ is strong enough for me to give them a good show, having video mixing working the way it should, would be nice.

I have a couple of recommendations/suggestion for the good folks at VDJ:

(1)Update their tech requirements on the site to include the ideal PC specs for flawless video DJing. It should also include the recommended video formats and max file sizes for optimum usage. The recommended spec looks like they are ideal for audio only.

(2) I think the real solution for a great video mixing experience is to develop the application to be run and be controlled on 2 PC s simultaneously. Each PC would run its own copy of VDJ (extra license may be required if you choose). On PC would be the master and that controls the output of the video and the interface, but the processing power for each deck would be handled separately by each PC. I spend an hour and tested playing several high quality VOB files of over 200 Megs each and they consistently worked very well when playing by themselves. It is when you try to have both decks play at the same time the potential for lag and temporary lost of controls starts to occur. BTW video playing on small files though improved, still had their issue

Yes, virtual DJ has teased me with its video mixing capability and now I have blue balls. I cannot get this pink elephant out of my mind. Am I the only cat not getting laid?

One more thing, this post is not intended to start “is video mixing in VDJ really necessary” post. DJ RAZ already started a great and passionate debate on this issue with his post: http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=12206

Mensajes Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 9:15 pm
sla200x, link-up to share notes. Find my IM in my blog. I have video working fairly good...
I'm from Mandeville [:o)

Mensajes Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 6:08 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)