Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: When this happens, it's working.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
When 3 djs walk up to me at the end of the show to ask questions based on what they "saw" on the screen that night, you know video has captured the party.
No special tricks, just basic beat mixing with the right tracks and cues.

There is a massive group of djs that have no clue about what and how we do this, it blows my mind.
But based on the visit I got, i'd say that video is going to be the next frontier of djing.

I did show them the way here naturally.

Mensajes Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 10:44 pm
thats crazy....
are you in america? im from australia and get the impression mixing mp3's wouldnt go down well with the somewhat "hardcore" fanbase of vinyl-bases hardcore techno throughout clubs in sydney, coz i maybe wanna... but clubbers and ravers are used to showing up to hear the same thing every week or month..... but new stuff is happening here also..... im just not sure what cause i dont rave or club, hehehaha...errr...

can you recommend me any good reference points on utilising the video mixer? very basic stuff would be appreciated, setup, control...

is ur rig the same as cyders? or is it the same rig? its awesome nonetheless, niiiice :) i know cyder is vague on the details to questioners, but any tips on getting started on building something similar to that system? the term "labour of love" was mentioned in another thread asking about rackmount and custom pieces, but thats exactly what djing, and utilising virtual dj is all about! ...

-dJ cloWn

Mensajes Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 3:31 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got!"

It was intereting when a vinyl DJ approached me and asked me if i'd teach him the in's and out's of dj'ing with software, when he plays hardhouse, to hardcore vinyl fans (if you like).

He said "I want to learn everything, and I have no idea about computers, but can see they're appearing on the scene, I don't want to watch the parade go by"

From what I know, it does seem that Europe is more accepting of this technology than the U.S, but we'll see..

Mensajes Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 2:03 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes i think europe is more accepting of many things the US is not, if it's not nudity, it's digital music. what brings me to VDJ is the fact that i used to run out every week and buy new vinyl. Now that mp3's are so big, i can sit on my ass and buy songs online and not have to fight for parking spaces(get a tciket) and spend $5-$10 per vinyl. When buying online i can get the one version i want without buying the whole single, plus not to mention carry all that heavy wax around. I look forward to buying RAM, Maya, and a new mixer, topping that off with VDJ and helping spread the word as far as i can throw it in the US

Mensajes Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 2:38 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I do live in America.
I am not a club dj, I mix all kinds of music, rock classics, Hip Hop, Dance and some Country.

Mixing club video is easy compared to other genres, IMO.
There are some great effects when saving clips from other MPEGS that can now syncronize with the music perfectly. MPEGS with dancing animation like "opposites attract" or robotics work best.
So now we have to study the music as well as the video to properly use and mix them.
More difficult but worth it after some practice.
One of my favorite finds is to mix n trance's "staying alive" with the original Bee Gee's version.
While the original is dry on video it brings back the faces of the original artists. A fade will bring on full color, dancing action and an up to date rap sound that blends no matter where you drop it in.

Another it to find and 32 beat loop an active artist like Will Smith dancing and fade just the video so you have one artist dancing to another's music. When you are ready to mix, just end the loop and fade anyway you like.

As for systems, some of us kind of blazed the trail early on, though certainly not the first.
The cases designs are all over the boards, search some and realize the good points and bad points.
Weight is the biggest problem, hight is another.

There are people who will build for you if you wish.
I have $2500 into my 3U including the monitor, mount and 10X6 case.
The DAC and mixer I had already.
Buy the best components, problems will be few and that is what counts in the end is dependability.
Find a short 3u chassis that takes the latest mb and build up from there.
The information is out there, you have to look.
Jason won't send you, but there is a lot of good information in the video forum here.
http://www.djchat.com/boards/index.php

Mensajes Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 2:56 pm
interesting comments ppls, provoked some intriguing thoughts....thanks

and cheers for ur help rick, appreciated muchly :)

Mensajes Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 12:09 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)