Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Harmonic Keys & Keycodes... PLEASE

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I know theres a huge list of todo's for the DEV Team...Please take urrr time and make all perfect... Please make VDJ analyze the harmonic keys along with the BPMs. Please Please Please...LOL Thanks in advance...

Mensajes Tue 05 Jul 05 @ 3:17 pm
Why don't U buy Mixmeister Pro and use it to figure out all of your keys, then label your .mp3 files with the values for use in vDJ ?

Mensajes Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 5:39 am
Keydetection might be added to VDJ soon :) its on the development list.. :)

Mensajes Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 8:24 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
cool

Mensajes Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 6:03 am
finally, great work

Mensajes Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 8:42 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A very luxery feature to have, and it would make mixing to some degree easyer, but it will take some of the fun out of mixing, and people will no longer mix songs that on't share the same key, which is wrong, as more than often, you can make a smooth and nice transition, with out the need of a harmonical match, due to the way most club music is put together.

I would also be quite embarassed mixing in a club, if people knew that my software is doing the 'music' part of the mixing, so i'm not so for it., although it'd be interesting.., but if VDJ gets an easyer to mix, it just wont be taken seriously..(I am already disabling the waveform to combat this issue).

Mensajes Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 11:40 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have to kinda agree with bagpuss there. At first i relied heavily on the waveform, but recently im using the auditory properties of music to beat match, rather than the visual music aspect taht is the waveform. Still an awesome feature mind, as it really helped get me hooked on djing! lol

But some of my mates already think its easy to use VDJ and so dont consider it as a proper tool, im sad to say

Mensajes Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 11:58 pm
When the waveform is turned off, they might aswell be useing CD players..., as no one uses the auto features, just bpm and effects.., which are great and reasonable tools.., the arguement on the other side, is the DJ's added ability when useing hot features...

for example a vinyl DJ, can spin and match those beats.., but doesn't it get boring sometimes?, plain and simple mixes, well.., it's obviously true, because if vinyl was for everyone, there would be no CD/MP3 revolution, everyone has a preference, and to be honest, when I listen to what I can do, and other users of the software with some experience.., it's alot more interesting and fun :).

Mensajes Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 12:47 am
not the software versus vynl argument again. getting a software to analyse BPM and especialy key is very hard and embeding another feature into virtual dj will make it bigger still and especialy if its as reliable as the BPM detection its not realy worth bothering with. prahaps including a customisable user cloul feature for the databse will allow people to store the keys they have determined from songs. if anyone has found a software that reliably caluculates BPM or key i would be shocked.

Mensajes Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 2:15 am
Both can be done DJ zim zimm, and both have been done.

VDJ bpm detection gets most 4/4 kickdrum based tracks right first time, but with hip hip and other more technical beat strutures, you have to try the two different analyzers, and sometimes half or double the bpm, which is easy enough..

So I would say you can get the vast majority of your tracks 100% coorect in VDJ, if your willing to put the work in, however, if your just downloading music all day, and hae thousands upon thousands of tracks, you probably can't be bothered with this.., as it takes alot of time.

look at the mixmeister series, they have a product that detects keycodes, and from what i've heard, it works great.

Lastly, what version of VDJ are you useing?, as their have been improvements in the recent updates.

Bagpuss.

Mensajes Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 1:45 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)