Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Poll: Secound Best DJ Software? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok Guys,
Virtual DJ is the number one DJ program, no arguement ;).
Which program do you consider as the number 2 best DJ program?

Your answer needs only the name.

Thanks for your responeses, Bagpuss.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 12:46 am
Automix. I have several others and dislike them all for one reason or another...

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 12:52 am
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
lot of DJ use
Tracktor
PCDJ
Bpm Studio

but , if you want to try another cute and very good software, try :
http://www.visualdiscomix.com

it is an good software out of price

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 2:06 am
Is that VDM kidding with the price. I hope it plays the whole gig for you and takes requests without missing a beat while reading the croud. Maybe it can do your grocery shopping, babysit your kids, tune up the car. Well I guess you see my sarcasm here. Way overpriced. VDJ does this and way more. And they will come to you and install a disc and plug in the USB port for a mere $10,000.00. A real bargain and well worth the cost.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 3:20 am
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
MIX Meister!!! I use VDJ live but nothing can compete with Mixmeister to make flawless MIX cd's

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 3:36 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Mixvibes Dvs for its "smooth" vinyl sound (better than vdj), and the good value for money.
Traktor for the filters, Ableton live...
We are talking about "live" dj programs, not for timeline based right.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 4:30 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would have to say MixMeister is second best, but it's geared for a different type of DJ than those of us who like VDJ. We like to be able to mix live and have fun doing it. MixMeister DJ's are usually just trying to get the job done in the easiest way possible. To me, MixMeister just takes the fun out of it, though I have to admit it is a very well made and highly functional piece of software. Of course to truly replace VDJ, I would have to run MixMeister plus Sax & Dotty's plus R4.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 4:52 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i use mixmeister and yes it does take then fun but also make mix so flawless, all your songs are pre-tweaked, it does require 2 soundcards but you can play live from on and cue on the other. yes you can play from a playlist but also change it on the fly. but the best part is that if you make a mix and hate the 4th song just cut it out and replace it, the new song will be perfectly mixed, no need to re-record or edit anything. just burn your edited new to cd. and the sound only stretches during the mix not during the main song, so sound quality is great.... do that with VDJ........kidding ..nothing beats a live mix

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 5:15 pm
To be honest VirtualDJ is not my #1 choice.. I mainly use djDecks which sounds way better to begin with, it has much better scratch sound and vinyl support (in fact using VirtualDJ vinyl is much more responsive with djDecks which also supports FinalScratch, SSL and msPinky vinyl) and the skinning is much easier and more versatile IMO..

Also it's excellent support for VST plugins and soem very nifty little tricks it can do just make it the #1 choice for me..

Second comes VirtualDJ which I would only use live if I would use video, then I own PCDJFX, but that is not even installed anymore..

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 7:42 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The charm of VDJ + Pro skin, is what maks it best for me.

Their are some other softwares that are a major threat, only because of the exceptional implemented features, like timestretch, scratch etc, but these softwares imo, really aren't pretty or so practical for me.

The secound best for me..

Serato Scratch (looks nice, better than final scratch)
Atomixmp3 (2nd rate, but great DJ app)

Abletion live, if you like that sort of thing..

Once VDJ gets perfected, in terms of sound quality, and a few better functions, their need not be any arguements.., I just hope, that the day comes soon..

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 10:02 pm
It would be interesting to review what program many left to utilize the program they now mix with.

Mensajes Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 3:49 pm
i agree paulheu from what i have seen of VD so far DJdecks destroys it, as Binky Toy for the mac (Ms pinky) ;)

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 1:00 pm
ARE THEY kidding with this price vdm,well as of today vdj should be $1600.00.just download a demo of vdm so i'm ganna try it out.can't belive $800.00 for this software VDM men!.all vdj got to do is work on the sound quality and it's #1 until they don't take care of this they will be #2

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 9:09 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I djdecks more often than vdj cuz:
(1) i still the audio bleeps from vdj when scratching or stoping my cdx platter - no beeps with djdecks (2) if moving my pitch slider on the cdx from range 0 to full (6%,12%,25%,100%) after a certain point usually before the halfway point vdj stop reading the bmp of a song - not an issue for me in djd-(it always reads the bmp no matter what speed) (3) djd sounds clearer than vdj.

Postives for vdj over djd:
1. crashes almost never.. it think only once since 3.1 was installed... djd is still a bit buggy.
2. triggering of samples
3. better searching
4. more available skins
5. video (althought i never use this)

All the other software titles(ssl, mixvibes, finalsratch,etc)... i never used... so can't compare.

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 11:54 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This post has got me curious now... I'ma go download djdecks and check it out.

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 10:22 am
me too

Mensajes Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 6:15 am
Their is no auto mix, or any features that you dont need, but it supports higher sampling rates, the VirtualDJ TCV, Ms Pinky Vinyl, Fs Vinyl, SSL Vinyl... the skinng it well customizeable. supports all id3 tags not just title + Comments :S... and is developed very fast, a new beta is released near enough every week since i have had it... if their is a feat that you think is essential and seems to be in demand adion will add it... :)

Mensajes Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 7:55 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i cant seem to get the vinyl control to work it keeps saying to me when i try to enable it that i need to open up FS to sort out the configuration but i dont have it installed on that machine? :S

Mensajes Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 1:47 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Xeo any further tech support questions u may have, just ask on the djd forums and someone should point u in the right direction. Vinyl control on the software is not as easy to set up as in vdj cuz there are more options to configure. But to answer your question: download the vdj plugin add-on located on the “vinyl control” page then at bottom of the page click on the “download page” to get the different plugins depending on what vinyl u chose to use… then u should be able to set it up.

Mensajes Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 2:44 pm
It's very easy really, just use the 'plugin' for the vinyl you have.. But as you say this should go to the djDecks forum..

Mensajes Sun 30 Oct 05 @ 3:38 am
80%